Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
|Much blonde. Much domestic.|
Monday, April 14, 2014
|It looked nothing like this but this dog is amazing.|
"Damn, they probs don't have it." Uh people, please don't speak in abbrevs. Thx.
J: "Let's go get some."
K: "Not the already made stuff, though. I want to MAKE cookie dough."
That's about it.
But since it's been a while, I'll just end with some pictures of 6 month old Baby Kate, aka my favorite person in the world.
Thanks for reading, come again please.
Friday, April 11, 2014
//Don't use your cell phone while you're driving (it's illegal in California). And if you get a ticket for it once, don't do it again and get a second ticket.
//Don't ever shave your eyebrows. It's not a good look for ANYONE.
//Don't cut your own bangs.
//Don't drink on an empty stomach. Or do. Just maybe not in excess.
//If your gas light comes on don't try and see how long you can drive before you run out of gas.
|Pretend like this gif works.|
//Don't try and sing karaoke on a Monday night after you've chugged four AMFs. Especially don't try and sing "Like a Virgin" and "Smooth" if you don't actually know how the song goes. Your roommate will have to hold you vertical on the stage so you don't fall into the drummer and then the bouncer will suggest you leave. On a Monday. Before 10pm. And you will take a nap next to a tree.
//If you haven't run at all in the past year, don't sign up for a 5K "just for fun." It's never fun.
//If your boyfriend takes you to the drive in to see District 9, don't fall asleep five minutes in. He'll be mad at you.
//Always pay your bills on time. Especially if the bill collectors have your parents' home phone number and they can call them and then your parents find out how irresponsible you are and it's awkward all around.
//You will never wear purple corduroy capri pants. Don't buy them.
//Don't ever put your hand through a window.
//Candy is a horrible dinner. Delicious for five minutes, but horrible.
//NEVER MIX ALCOHOL. JUST DON'T DO IT.
//Don't ever make excuses to keep dating a guy, especially if every time you talk to him you end up in tears.
//Don't place your worth in a man.
//Don't go for "just one more shot." It's never just one more and it's never worth it.
Thursday, April 10, 2014
2. When I go to the grocery store and either can't find the items I need or somebody else is standing right in front of them and I have to pretend to be interested in the packages of kosher bread or something while they finish looking at the different kinds of salsa because you better believe I'm not saying "excuse me" and butting in front of them.
3. When I get road rage driving behind a person and drive by them to yell at them only to realize... I recognize them. From church.
4. When I'm in line at Starbucks or Jamba Juice and I can't decide if I want to stick with my vanilla macchiato or try something different like an iced soy toffee nut something and all of a sudden it's my turn and I haven't decided but there are a bunch of people behind me and I am totally holding everything up.
5. When my landlord tells me that he's going to come over with an electrician when I get off work to fix some broken outlets but I haven't had a chance to clean the kitchen and also I just wanted to eat my leftover burrito on the couch with no pants on but now I can't and my plans got changed and I wasn't ready for it.
6. When my gas light comes on and I wasn't expecting it and I don't know how much farther can I go before it's really necessary to get gas?
7. Any time I see a spider. DIE, BITCH.
8. When my boyfriend doesn't text back and I'm sure it's because he's dead.
|Also I really love this gif|
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
I have always loved makeup. In high school when I wasn't hanging out at the grocery store or the video store with Cristen (I was the absolute COOLEST) I would sit in my room and mess around with makeup only to wash it off immediately and go to bed. I watched What Not to Wear and How Do I Look? and basically any makeover show simply for the 5 minutes they spent transforming people through makeup.
+ Eyebrows, eyebrows, eyebrows. Please don't neglect your eyebrows. They can change your whole face! For more proof just read this Buzzfeed post. The trend lately is fuller more natural looking brows, and I am loving it. In the past I've subscribed to the "less is more" approach when it comes to eyebrows... but that was a mistake. You guys. When I was in 8th grade I straight up SHAVED MY EYEBROWS.
If you're not sure how to fill in your eyebrows, well, all I can tell you is to go to YouTube and search some stuff and watch some videos until you figure it out. Just make sure you only fill in where you already have hair. I'm a huge fan of using powder but I've been wanting to try the wax stuff. Pencils have always seemed a little too harsh for my taste, plus if you mess up it's harder to fix your mistake. Just trust me and practice filling in your eyebrows, ok? I took some pictures yesterday of my eyebrows before and after I fill them in. The difference is subtle but I feel totally naked without doing my eyebrows. Excuse the white eyelashes please.
+ Hair. I curl my hair just about every day. I use a 3/4" Conair curling iron but I've been thinking about trying a 1" or a 1.5" soon. Two things have helped me to get looser waves instead of looking like I just jumped out of Little House on the Prairie like this:
|I'm pretty sure I sent this to a guy in a terrible attempt to flirt.|
One: Once the curls cool, comb them out with your fingers. Do not run a brush through your hair. Just use your fingers and tousle the curls. If your hair doesn't hold a curl very will you might want to use some hairspray before you do this, but I prefer to use hairspray after.
Two: Don't curl the very ends. I leave an inch or two at the bottom out of the curling iron so it doesn't curl. This is something I've notice people with beachy waves do. If you curl all the way to the ends you just look like I do in the picture up there ^^^ and it's not a good look. I also like to think that it saves the ends from breakage. Maybe?