So instead, let's just take a look back at this year.
3. In April, we expanded our family by four paws when Keith brought home little General Patton. Patton has quickly become my cat; he sleeps with me at night, cuddles with me during the day, and stays attached to my side if I ever forget to feed him wet food. He meows like a banshee and I can never figure out what he wants. He plays fetch. He plays with the dogs. I love him to pieces.
4. In June, we celebrated the birth of a nephew, Joel. Keith's brother and his wife Jackie had this beautiful baby boy and we finally got to meet him over Thanksgiving. It was great! He's just precious. They live in Tahoe so either we're going to have to find lots of reasons to go to Tahoe or we'll have to start some facetiming with them, too.
5. We went to the Midwest. I wrote about it here and here. I got a back sunburn, we watched sports, and it was fun and beautiful and amazing.
6. We surprised my dad in Santa Barbara for his 70th birthday. For this you get to watch A VIDEO.
7. I also got to go to Canada to visit Faith! We rapped Eminem, at pancakes the size of car tires, tried poutine, and just generally got into a lot of shenanigans.
8. Then we all went to Texas for our Triplet adventure. We went to the stockyards, a piano bar, and Faith and I made friends with Lindsay's dumpster cats.
9. I traveled all across the country to see Faith and Justin finally get married. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL and I don't have any videos. But I'm going back to Halifax one day. It's amazing.
10. The last thing I'm going to put down is the saddest thing. It's what makes my heart break. In October we had to say goodye to my third niece, Hannah Joy. We never got to meet her. It breaks my heart into so many pieces knowing that I could have held her, kissed her, and memorized her before it was time to go. If I could go back to 2016, I would go back to that weekend and I would change that. Dear Hannah Joy, I pray you know how loved you are. I think of you every day.
My goals for 2017 aren't vast or extreme. Save more money, lost the 40 pounds I've gained in the year and 3 months since our wedding! Journal more, pray more, clean more, declutter. Drink more water.
I think that's going to become a list in itself.
I'm so thankful for this blog where I can document all of the adventures and everything that happens in life, but good and bad. I'm thankful for you, all four of you readers. Truly thankful for you.
Be back soon.