Friday, June 28, 2013

I am officially the Scrooge of summer

     Is your Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook feed blowing up with pictures of beaches, pools, tan lines, and glasses of alcohol (name that movie)? Mine sure is, and that's how I know the season of sweat summer is officially here, and I'm not exactly thrilled. There's good reason for that, too. I grew up in a little coastal town where the temperature rarely reached above 77 degrees and the mornings were always foggy. I loved it! So when I went to college in Southern California I received a brutal wake up call when I tried to wear jeans and a sweater in the middle of the day in AUGUST. It was THE WORST and one of the biggest reasons why I hated living down there. So today I'm going to talk about why summer is my least favorite season and why it shouldn't be allowed anymore.


And like, not just boob sweat, but everything sweat. When it's hot outside I feel sticky and gross and smelly 24/7. And taking a shower only makes it 10Xs worse because even if it's a cold shower it still creates humidity because SCIENCE. On the weekends it was really hard to sleep in because the sun was already cooking at 8am and the only thing we could do to survive was lay out by the pool, which sounds really good in theory, but it was still hot, and there were bees, and there was sweat, and if you were bloated then keep the bikinis away from me.

Which leads me to my next point...
I mean ... they do. It's basically underwear just maybe a little thicker (unless you're comparing it to a VS bra because those suckers are THICK). And don't even get me started on shopping for a bikini. I'm sure some people think it's fun to go bikini shopping but I really hate it. Actually I'm not really the biggest fan of shopping at all so I guess we got that one figured out.

I think I'm going to start using that phrase in my daily life.


This is why God invented maxi dresses.
And I think that's all I need to say about that.



During the summer all everybody in California wants to do is go to the beach. And that's fine, if you're into that sort of thing. But I feel the same way about beaches as I do about dogs: that they're more trouble than they're worth. Especially in Southern California. It would take forever to get there, it's hot, you have to pay for parking and park forever away, your drinks don't stay cold, and you get sand in places where people should never have sand.


I guess I should probably balance it out and list some things I actually do like about summer.

-Popsicles.

That's about it.
 photo ScreenShot2013-06-23at112320PM_zps46bb1b5d.png

10 comments:

  1. Gah I am with you on the swim suit shopping I am to the point where I am contemplating buying one of those swimming burkas...sexy not at all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yeah swimsuit shopping isn't on my top 5 list of favorite things to do ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm with you girl! I try to stay covered up because no body wants to see what I'm working with but that means I'm extra hot during summer. And sweat? Lets not even go there because I sweat just standing in my bathroom getting ready most days when it's hot. I feel your pain with this whole summer season. I do, really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG right?? Hair tools in the summer are almost totally pointless. When I'm done I always feel like I need another shower!

      Delete
  3. I am lol!
    So true!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea I stayed covered up til summer time when it comes to go swimming and bathing suits. Now a days its less instead of more LOL

    pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha during the Winter months I am always like, give me Summer noooowww but when Summer actually gets here, I spend 90% of the time complaining about how hot it is (too effing hot).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're one of THOSE people??? ;) kidding. I love winder! I'm the happiest when I need a sweater and a scarf, yes please!!!

      Delete
  6. You have completed my life. I hate summer so much. So so so much.

    ReplyDelete