Thursday, June 20, 2013

Elementary-ish Crush (Celebrity-ish Edition)

     Bonnie over at The Life of Bon started a great little thing called Throwback Thursdays which, in my opinion, is way more fun on a blog than on Instagram (even though I'm definitely going to shamlessly post a #TBT today. @jliette FYI). Technically the topic is "Elementary school crushes" but I was homeschooled and I don't have any good crushes from that time. So I decided to talk about my crush from when I was 13 and 14 ish. It was a celebrity crush and it was the early 2000s so guess who it was?

Justin Timberlake? Nope, not ramen head.
Aaron Carter? I wasn't allowed to listen to his music so nope.
Erik von Detten? A little bit. But no.

I was obsessed with...


Oh wait, sorry. I wasn't obsessed with Elijah Wood so much as I was obsessed with ...


Elijah Wood as Frodo Baggins.
Those blue eyes could show SO MUCH emotion!
Those beautiful brown locks were never out of place even when he was running from orcs.
That gap between his two front teeth that charmed my pants off (not literally).
Yep.

While everyone else was screaming for Orlando Bloom/Legolas
(I can't like a guy who has prettier blonde hair than me)

...or pining over Aragorn/Viggo Mortensen's ruggedly handsome features...
(he's my favorite now.)

...I couldn't keep my mind off of the itty bitty hobbit who was trusted with the most important task in all of Middle Earth and did it all with no shoes on.


This cute little guy was who my heart desired and I told everyone who would listen.
Did you know that Frodo is the son of Drogo?
Did you know that Elijah Wood's middle name is Jordan?
Did you know that Elijah Wood lives with his sister in New York?

Remember AIM and how you could write things in your 'info' and the coolest people had obscure song lyrics? Well, mine looked something like this:
I LOVE ELIJAH I LOVE ELIJAH I LOVE ELIJAH
I LOVE ELIJAH I LOVE ELIJAH I LOVE ELIJAH
I LOVE ELIJAH I LOVE ELIJAH I LOVE ELIJAH
I LOVE ELIJAH I LOVE ELIJAH I LOVE ELIJAH

I went to a birthday party one night and one of the other girls was obsessed with Legolas and we got into a pretty heated discussion about who was better. 
"Frodo was trusted with the One Ring! He was taking it to Mordor! He's uh-MAZING!"
"He couldn't do it without Legolas!"
"Legolas didn't do anything in that movie except look pretty!"
"EXACTLY. HE'S BEAUTIFUL."
The discussion ended when she started reciting the speech from the Council of Elrond in Rivendell.
Then we decorated pillow cases and mine was covered with "Juliette Wood" "I love Elijah" "Frodo is better than Legolas" and "Legolas looks like a girl."

By the time the last movie came out I had kind of moved on from Frodo. He got a little irritating in the last movie when he was Jedi mind-tricked by Gollum into hating Sam and I didn't think it was attractive when he foamed at the mouth after Shelob attacked him. BUT *SPOILER ALERT* he did lose a finger at the end so we could have bonded over that because I had a finger issue also.

And that's probably more information that you ever cared to know.

Frodo Forever.




3 comments:

  1. Omg I swooned over Elijah but unforntaely Orlando won my heart. You have good taste lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it weird that I still kind of have a teeny crush on him in the show Wilfred?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a fan of the 1st two you mentioned minus elijah. Not big on him.

    ReplyDelete