Friday, July 21, 2017

How college shaped my future

This post is sponsored by Brightwood College, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own. Brightwood College does not guarantee employment or advancement.

"Have I helped someone today?" - is a question I ask myself on a daily basis. I feel proud and accomplished when I'm able to answer, "Yes." Because of my college education, I am in a career which enables me to truly help people every day. Were it not for my education, I would not be where I am today.

When I began my college career, I had no idea where life would take me. I didn't know what I wanted to be or where I wanted to end up, but I knew that having a college education would greatly increase the opportunities I would be given. I knew that college would give me me lessons from books, professors, and individuals, and I knew that every single thing I learned would be put to good use after my college career was over. There were many times when I was struggling to study for a test or finish a paper, and I would think about my future and about how the things that were difficult at the moment would shape my future.

About halfway through my four years of college I realized that what I was truly passionate about was helping people. I wanted to help people in whatever capacity was available. I was so thankful I'd chosen to get my degree in Communication Studies because it taught me all about relationships and how human beings interact and learn from and with one another. It taught me how human beings gave and accepted help from one another.
In every job I've had since I graduated from college in 2010, I've been able to help people. In addition, with every job I've had since I graduated, having a college degree was a necessity. I speak with 100% honestly when I say that obtaining my degree enabled me to be where I am today.
During my senior year of college I was the president of my major's honor society. I was able to head committees, functions, and fundraisers so that our society could help other people. Through this society I was able to learn how to organize functions, delegate tasks, and communicate with co-workers. The opportunities I was given in college forever shaped me and my work ethic.

Today I am employed at a doctor's office. Had I not completed college, I would not have been hired. I am able to go to work every day to a job I am passionate about, a job which allows me to wholeheartedly answer, "Yes!" when I ask myself if I've helped someone today. 

When I go home at the end of the day, I feel fulfilled. I find myself excited to go to work in the morning because I know what I am doing will make a difference in somebody's life. The fact that I would not have this opportunity without a college education is not lost on me. At every opportunity I am given, I have encouraged young people to pursue a college education. When somebody says to me, "I don't have a specific career path chosen; I probably won't go to college," I encourage an education because it can lead to infinite possibilities which can help anyone realize his or her potential.

4 comments:

  1. It makes such a difference when you love what you do, doesn't it? And when you get to love your job. It's really sad how many people do not feel fulfilled by their jobs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOW I SAVED MY RELATIONSHIP FROM BREAKUP!!
      After being in relationship with Kevin for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don’t believe in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I met a spell caster called DR. UGO WONDERS and I emailed him. He told me there was no problem that everything will be okay, and that in two days, that my ex will return to me. after he cast the spell in 24 hours, surprisingly in the second day, around 4pm My ex called me. I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody who needs the help of this spell caster, his email is: generalspelltemple@gmail.com or his website : http://generalspelltemple01.webs.com CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS. once again you can contact him through any of the following means

      Email : generalspelltemple@gmail.com

      Website: http://generalspelltemple01.webs.com

      Delete
    2. Testimony of financial breakthrough from GOD through the help of Funding Circle Loan INC. (fundingloanplc@yahoo.com OR Call/Text +14067326622)...

      Hi I'am Evelyn Russell resident at 808 NE 19th St Oklahoma City, I am a single mother blessed with 2 daughters. For a while now I have been searching for a genuine loan lender who could help me with a loan as I no longer have a job, all I got were hoodlums who made me trust them and at the end they took my money without giving me any loan, my hope was lost, I got confused and frustrated, it became difficult for my family to feed with a good meal, I never wanted to have anything to do with any loan lending companies on the internet again. Not until I met a Godsent loan lender that changed my life and that of my family Through the help of a fellowship member "a lender with the fear of God in him Mr JASON RAYMOND, he was the man God sent to elevate my family from suffering. At first I thought it wasn’t going to be possible due to my previous experience until I received my loan worth $135,000.00 USD in less then 24hours. So my advise to anyone out there genuinely in need of a loan is to contact Funding Circle Loan INC through this official email:- fundingloanplc@yahoo.com OR Call/Text +14067326622 and be financial lifted.


      Delete
  2. HOW I SAVED MY RELATIONSHIP FROM BREAKUP!!
    After being in relationship with Kevin for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don’t believe in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I met a spell caster called DR. UGO WONDERS and I emailed him. He told me there was no problem that everything will be okay, and that in two days, that my ex will return to me. after he cast the spell in 24 hours, surprisingly in the second day, around 4pm My ex called me. I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody who needs the help of this spell caster, his email is: generalspelltemple@gmail.com or his website : http://generalspelltemple01.webs.com CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS. once again you can contact him through any of the following means

    Email : generalspelltemple@gmail.com

    Website: http://generalspelltemple01.webs.com


    HOW I SAVED MY RELATIONSHIP FROM BREAKUP!!
    After being in relationship with Kevin for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don’t believe in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I met a spell caster called DR. UGO WONDERS and I emailed him. He told me there was no problem that everything will be okay, and that in two days, that my ex will return to me. after he cast the spell in 24 hours, surprisingly in the second day, around 4pm My ex called me. I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody who needs the help of this spell caster, his email is: generalspelltemple@gmail.com or his website : http://generalspelltemple01.webs.com CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS. once again you can contact him through any of the following means

    Email : generalspelltemple@gmail.com

    Website: http://generalspelltemple01.webs.com

    ReplyDelete