Monday, April 10, 2017

A WB Studio Tour Blate

A couple of weeks ago, Lauren and I went on a tour of the WB studios tour! It was an awesome day and we had a blast! Lauren and I because friends a couple of years ago via the good ol' blogosphere, and when she moved to LA recently we knew it was only a matter of time before we were able to make plans to actually meet in person. It's so weird meeting internet friends - you know them, but you've never met them. So even though the first time you hang out is technically the first time you're "meeting," you feel like old friends. It's weird but any blogger understands. 
Lauren works for DC Comics (I'm allowed to say that, right?) so she has a lot of behind-the-scenes information about a lot of the sets, casting, props, etc which was really fun! It was like having two tour guides and I did not hate it at all.
The day started very blogger-ish with a photo by the WB sign.


Lauren and I got to "have coffee" at the cafe from La La Land. Our tour shuttle stopped and our tour guide said if anybody wanted to take a picture to go ahead and get out and get your picture. Well, nobody wanted to be the first ones to take pictures! So Lauren and I were like, "Seriously? Nobody? Fine, please hold the tour for us while we go get stuff to post on Instagram." I've never seen La La Land but I heard some people called "The Academy" thought it was pretty good at a lot of things so that's pretty cool.


We also got to have coffee at Central Perk! Lauren told me ahead of time that we would get to sit on the Friends couch and take pictures and I totally fangirled out. "REALLY?" I repeated about 57 times. 



Lauren is the cutest and is way more natural in front of the camera!



We got to go through a huuuuuge warehouse that had a ton of set pieces that the set designers can go through to choose things to use for their shows. This mirror will be on an episode of Scandal! Which episode?! I don't know! Just keep your eyes peeled! Easy!


Then I got to be the President. I think it's an easy job. I mean like, literally anybody can do it.



Something you might not know about me: I'm mildly obsessed with Batman. Just Christian Bale's Batman, though. The Dark Knight is one of my favorite movies ever. I even named my car Bruce Wayne. So when we got to go to the Bat Cave and actually see all the Batmobiles?? I nearly died.


THEN we got to go see things from Harry Potter. I also fan girled out at this part. I actually basically fan girled out during this entire afternoon. I can never thank Lauren enough for suggesting this and making it happen!!



I got sorted by the Sorting Hat. Any guesses which house I was in? I was shocked by the answer. I always felt like a Hufflepuff but I was loudly informed that I'm a Gryffindor. I wouldn't have believed the hat but I heard him telling other people they were in different houses so I guess he doesn't just tell everybody they get to be in Gryffindor. I have to admit, I was kind of sad I wasn't a Hufflepuff. Hufflepuff's don't get enough credit, you know.


And then and then AND THEN YOU GUYS. We got to go into Lorelai and Rory's house! It took everything in my to not start yelling, "WHERE YOU LEAD I WILL FOLLOWWWWW" but I kept it together. 


We walked through Lorelai's house and then walked out of... Sookie's house. Hollywood is weird, man. This is also Mona's house from PLL. (I think it's Mona. There were a lot of houses and lots of crossovers so it got kind of confusing.)


There is a replica of whatever that train in Chicago is.


And IDK, just some random corner store thing. Doesn't look familiar at all. Boring. Nothing to see here.


This is the secret bar from season 7 of GG.


This is the town square from GG, PLL, and about 47 million other shows/movies.


We got to ride broomsticks! If we had wanted to spend $50 we could have gotten pictures that showed us flying through Hogwarts but you guys, neither of us are made of Galleons soo...

Then I got to ride Bruce Wayne's motorcycle (batcycle? IDK) and it was one of the most thrilling moments of my life. I got to swerve around trucks and shake my fist at the Joker and have a wind machine making my hair flow in the breeze and just ... I could have done that for a long time.




We ate dinner at Umami which had the best burgers I've ever had like, ever. I don't even know what was on my burger but I probably could have eaten five of them.

Lauren, thank you for being such a great blog friend turned IRL friend! Can't wait 'til next time!

6 comments:

  1. I really wanted to eat at Umami both times I've been in LA and I didn't and now I'm sad. Guess I need to go back and eat it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like an amazing and really fun tour!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH THAT TRAIN REPLICA MUST BE WHERE THEY FILMED DIVERGENT OMGOMGOMGOMG. I would have completely died at that point. Like, if I hadn't died already at Lorelai's house, I would be dead at the train tracks because Theo James had been there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was the best blate ever and I am so glad you had so much fun! Can't wait to hang out some more!!

    ReplyDelete