Monday, March 27, 2017

Lately


Tomorrow Keith is going to China for three and a half weeks. He's been wanting to go on this trip for years but I was too big of a catch and instead of China he decided to propose to me and then marry me. We haven't been apart for this long since we first started dating and I'm not looking forward to it. We aren't the type of couple who can't stand to be apart, but I'm nervous about not not being able to text him and make sure he's alive whenever I want. I'll also ave to kill all the spiders by myself while he's gone.

Honeymoon picture at the Temple of Artemis in Turkey - one of the remaining 7 wonders of the ancient world.
I finished Sons of Anarchy and now I'm making my way through One Tree Hill. THIS IS THE MOST DRAMATIC SHOW EVER. And also all the episodes make me just go, "WHAT?" Where are the parents? How can Nathan emancipate himself at 16 and then live by himself in an apartment and have painters but also have no income? His parents don't have to give him money, right? They could have just said that they'd cut him off if he emancipated. I don't get it. So unrealistic. I guess I'll stick to my real shows like Grey's Anatomy and The Walking Dead.

Lauren and I spent last Saturday on the Warner Bros studio tour and it was SO. MUCH. FUN. We got to see where Gilmore Girls, Pretty Little Liars, and Friends were filmed (along with like 47 billion other shows), we got sorted into Hogwarts houses (I was surprised by where I was sorted!), we fake drank coffee at Central Perk, AND I got to ride Batman's motorcycle - a dream come true! I'm planning to do a big post on that trip but I need to spend a good chunk of time organizing photos before I can post it so SORRY but you have to just wait.



My cat is a jerk. He thinks it's fun to start meowing and crawling all over me at 5:30am and he usually keeps it up for at least 45 minutes until he either tires himself out or I lock him out of the bedroom. It's real fun. I love it.





I've been super into smoothie making lately. I have another post about this coming soon!


What's new with you? Do you still even read blogs? Are they a dying art? How do I get my cat to stop being a jerk?

10 comments:

  1. 3.5 weeks is basically FOREVER. Good luck. I hope he gets WhatsApp and some sort of data service so you can consistently bother him. I mean, what's the point of having a husband if you can't harass him across an ocean?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did get WhatsApp! But I think we can only use it if he has WiFi so... I can bother him but he can't acknowledge that I'm bothering him unless he's at a hotel. UGH. He was in Washington, D.C. and NYC two weeks ago and he had his phone on airplane mode so he didn't lose battery and even THAT was super annoying!

      Delete
  2. That's hard not to have regular contact for 3.5 weeks! I think the busier you keep yourself the easier it is. Your Warner Bros tour sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right. I have a friend from out of town visiting this weekend, a day trip to see my family on the 15th, and lots of work and house projects in between! Plus Netflix. It will be hard but I'll get through it!

      Delete
    2. The WB tour WAS a blast. I loved it!!

      Delete
  3. I LOVED One Tree Hill (OTH) when I was in highschool/college. I guess now looking at that show with 31 year old eyes...yes it is entirely unrealistic lol. As far as keeping your cat from being a jerk...this is why Jackson is locked out of my room every night because he started that crap at 3am. Yes we still read blogs :) Yours at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT IS SO UNREALISTIC!! But I'm totally going to watch all 9 seasons.

      I can hear Patton meowing from the other room and while I can handle it for an hour or two in the morning, I can't handle it all night long. Plus I really love it when he cuddles with me at night! I guess I should stop being so picky about when he loves me and when he's annoying? UGH. Life is hard. Thank you for still reading!!!!!

      Delete
  4. I just finished One Tree Hill recently, and Oh.Em.Gee. SO MUCH DRAMA! It was almost too much for me. Good luck with that. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched it when it aired but I totally forgot how totally crazy it gets sometimes!! And right now Keith is watching it with me and he is making comments every five seconds haha.

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh! I just started watching Sons of Anarchy and I am totally and completely OBSESSED!!! I've only made it through season one, but I can't wait until my schedule calms down so I can start watching again.

    ReplyDelete