Sunday, November 27, 2016

Weekend Recap is Back: Thanksgiving!

Well, my favorite holiday is officially over and it's time to bombard the interwebs with pictures and a really detailed (and by detailed I mean "probably very boring") recap of eeeeeverything we did from Wednesday night to Sunday! Yay! You're welcome! Actually, writing this recap posts takes me back to "the good old days" where it was standard to post about your weekend on Monday and to link up with the host (usually Sami may her blog rest in peace) and read recaps from everybody else in blog land. Oh, how the times have changed. But anyway, back to my point: my exciting post about my weekend. YAY! again!
Since we stayed on the mountain this year and didn't drive to see my family in SLO, I offered to cook the turkey, the dressing, and some pies. There were going to be about 17 people at Keith's parents' cabin and nobody had planned to cook a turkey so genius me was like, "Oh, I get a free one from work. I've helped my aunt make a turkey a few times. Sure I can do it on my own! So, Wednesday night I got to work slicing the crap out of apples (sidebar: how do you slice your apples? Thin or thick? Peeled or unpeeled? Dump the apples in the crust or lay them carefully slice by slice? I sliced my thin, mostly peeled, and I laid them very nicely next to each other and it turned out pretty good), cleaning Herman the turkey, and slicing onions and celery for the stuffing. And wine, there was wine involved. And I only sliced my finger open once! The blood didn't even get on the apples! Wins allllllll around! I did not take any pictures of this because I didn't want to risk salmonella getting on my phone and then not properly cleaning my phone and then salmonella getting into my ears and then going deaf and then well, you see where this is going.

Back to Herman.

This year I tried something different with the turkey: I injected him with butter. With an actual syringe and a gigantic needle. It was super disgusting but the turkey was DELICIOUS. So, while I was basically performing surgery on a 21 lb dead turkey, Keith kept himself busy researching Black Friday deals and we ended up finding a great deal on a laptop for me (which hopefully means more blogging... gotta give the people what they want, amirite??) and a few other things we don't necessarily "need" but have been wanting for quite a while.

Thursday morning my rude alarm clock went off before 7 and told me it was time to start cooking Herman. I put him in the oven at 350 and loosely covered him with aluminum foil, and then I tried to go back to bed but Clementine decided to crawl under the bed and puke right in the middle of the floor. It was the most inconvenient thing ever, and there were lots of profanities shouted by me and lots of grunting from my still-sleeping husband. I decided to go watch Gilmore Girls by myself and get closer to being able to watch the revival (still have a little over a season to go, ugh).
Cooking Herman wasn't easy. I was really worried about him being dry, so I took him out too early and started carving. Here he is all crispy and golden and delicious looking:


It turns out he wasn't quite done, which I realized when I had carved a bunch of him and started finding pink meat. Apparently just waiting for the meat thermometer to tell you the bird is at 165 degrees doesn't cut it. You have to be REALLY SURE. I was pretty concerned about people thinking my turkey cooking skills were sub-par (and also kind of worried about food poisoning I guess) so I put the sliced meat back in the oven to hopefully cook out all of the salmonella. I guess it worked because I didn't hear anything about people puking.

One of my pies turned out to be an earthquake pie. In my family we affectionately refer to disastrous desserts as "earthquake ___." It's fun.


Thanksgiving afternoon was wonderful. There was a ton of food, a ton of people, and a ton of fun. We finally got to meet our 5 month old nephew Joel (the son of Keith's brother and his wife; they live in Tahoe) and oh my goodness, he is just the sweetest and most cuddly and squishy baby boy ever! Keith is really enjoying me telling him how good he looks with a baby. He loves it when I talk about having one. He can tell that they're very quiet, basically free to raise, and require minimal effort.(Can you sense my sarcasm?)
There were naps and puzzles.



The next day, we repainted our deck. This deserves another post altogether. Keith and his dad spend two full weekends repairing and replacing parts of our deck - the deck we use to park on. Finally it was ready to be painted and I was the lucky lady who got to do the painting. It really wasn't bad so I won't complain. I also won't complain about how much I hate the color


After the deck we went "down the hill" to pick some things up and get new chains for my car. A snowstorm was predicted for that weekend and I would pretty much be stranded if I didn't get chains. We finally found a place that sold us cables and I wasn't quite sure I believed I'd be able to get them on.

Friday night was at the cabin again, mostly watching football but there was also food and some games involved, too. I'm really blessed that I love hanging out with my in laws. They're wonderful, kind, inviting people who have always made me feel a part of the family and for that I will always be grateful.

Also we made dominoes fall perfectly.

Around 10 that night we convinced Keith's dad Greg to drive us down the hill to look at some Black Friday deals. We had a blast just the three of us running in and out of stores grabbing the most random things (at wal mart we got extension cords, candles, and ziplock bags) and watching all the people, some of whom were actually camped out! The store is open, what are they waiting for? I am actually curious about this.
\
Saturday Keith went to the cabin again to watch some football games (apparently Michigan played somebody and then USC placed like, Notre Dame or something and it was all A VERY BIG DEAL, JULIETTE. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. I went on a walk with my mother in law Brenda, my sister in law Jackie, Jackie's baby Joel, and Jackie's mom Connie. Make sense? Juiette, Brenda, Jackie, Joel, Connie. We went to a craft fair which was really fun, they had a ton of stuff and I wish I had gone back and looked at more things. Then we walked around the lake. It was freezing and I was not dressed appropriately. Is windburn a thing? Like a sun burn? Because I'm 99% sure I got windburnt.

Joel got to meet Santa for the first time!

Anyway, we all went back to Greg and Brenda's cabin, and just as we sat down for lunch a huge hailstorm started! I wasn't nervous at first, I mean, what's a little hail? Well, a little hail is fine, but then it turns into a lot of hail and it accumulates and doesn't melt. Super fun! I figured we would just wait it out at the cabin, but Keith said "RAWR. I AM MAN. WE FIX CHAINS. WE NO GET STUCK AT CABIN. RAWR." And I was like... "K just let me finish these delicious freetos.






Eventually it started actually snowing. HUGE flakes! I could catch them on my sleeve and actually see the intricate designs in each one. It's crazy that there are so many different ones and it's even crazier to think that God knows what each one of those flakes looks like. That's a lot of flakes!

Keith drove home (thank God) and we made it with only one small possible misshap whe  a red van parked in the middle of the road, blocking everything, and we almost didn't make it up our hill. But, if you follow me on snapchat (@jliette) then you already know everything that happened.



Sunday we didn't do much at all. In the evening Keith and I went to see Jeff and Jackie again (they had been stranded due to car trouble) but I'm secretly glad that happened because I got to snuggle up with a sleeping nephew and I was in heaving. Keith was too because I kept whispering, "Don't you want one?" and it wasn't annoying at all. I think I was actually very subtle about it. Now tell me, what did YOU do this weekend? Any fantastic Black Friday finds? And drool worthy Thanksgiving meals? Hit me!

10 comments:

  1. Old School Blogging is the best blogging :) We didn't get a single snowflake over the weekend, even though the other half of the province essentially had a snowstorm! Which I'm not overly upset about because there are now two back to back "snow events" in the forecast for later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone, I'm so excited.
    My ex-boyfriend is back after a breakup,I’m extremely happy that will are living together again.
    My name is Mary Wilkie from England.
    My boyfriend of a 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant.I have cried my self to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again.Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes ,my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time.Generally he is a very nice guy ,he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along.He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change.I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with.I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe.He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy,he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy.i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Unity. If you have any problem contact Dr.Unity now and i guarantee you that he will help you.Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,His website: http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Us bloggers should all ban together and bring this type of blogging back. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone, I'm so excited.
    My ex-boyfriend is back after a breakup,I’m extremely happy that will are living together again.
    My name is Mary Wilkie from England.
    My boyfriend of a 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant.I have cried my self to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again.Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes ,my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time.Generally he is a very nice guy ,he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along.He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change.I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with.I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe.He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy,he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy.i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Unity. If you have any problem contact Dr.Unity now and i guarantee you that he will help you.Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,His website: http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excited and extremely happy, and thankful that my marriage with my husband has been restored. me and my husband have been married of 22 years together 23. After i found him texting a coworker and questioned him, he said they were just friends but 3 wks later he told me he didnt love me anymore that he was in love with her and that i made him feel bad about himself and she didnt. He left home for 2 wks came home and left 2 wks later. Been gone for 3 1/2 months now. Hes been going to bars, calling women, lying like crazy, drinking like a fish and hasnt spoken to the kids the whole time hes been gone. His whole personality has changed. We believe he is going thru some sort of mid life crisis. Its crazy, he is acting like a person that we dont know anymore. Is it possible to get my marriage back. Because I know that he is going thru some crazy thing right now Im finding it very hard to let go. I still love him. How can I save my marriage and family when my husband is in the middle of a mid life crisis and wont listen to my or anyone else. We are so confused. i try to communicate with him but still hang off the phone on me,I love my family. and my husband and i need to keep my marriage save with him from other women so i have to seek for a love spell to keep our marriage stronger and safe so going online one day on facebook, i saw a prayer point, and a website say if you need your ex back, save your marriage, and fight your husband from divorce. i was so very happy a hopeful again that i can get back with my husband after i saw this website so i read this testimony of this website on how he help save his marriage nd i was excited to give a try so i contacted him and give him all the reason why i need his help, and he assured me that with-6 good hours of his spell that my husband will come back home to me so i believe and trust him coz he was like a father to me also a man of his words so today am happy that my husband who has been away for 3 1/2 months now with his coworker is back home with apology plz you all should help me and thank Dr happy he really save my life and my marriage so email him if you need help also on happylovespell2@gmail.com call +2348133873774 about his service and web site: http://happyspelltemple.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone, I'm so excited.
    My ex-boyfriend is back after a breakup,I’m extremely happy that will are living together again.
    My name is Mary Wilkie from England.
    My boyfriend of a 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant.I have cried my self to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again.Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes ,my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time.Generally he is a very nice guy ,he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along.He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change.I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with.I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe.He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy,he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy.i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Unity. If you have any problem contact Dr.Unity now and i guarantee you that he will help you.Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,His website: http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband is back and am so Excited My life became devastated when my husband sent me packing, after 8 years that we have been together. I was lost and helpless after trying so many ways to make my husband take me back. One day at work, i was absent minded not knowing that my boss was calling me, so he sat and asked me what its was all about i told him and he smiled and said that it was not a problem. I never understand what he meant by it wasn't a problem getting my husband back, he said he used a spell to get his wife back when she left him for another man and now they are together till date and at first i was shocked hearing such thing from my boss. He gave me an email address of the great spell caster who helped him get his wife back, i never believed this would work but i had no choice that to get in contact with the spell caster which i did, and he requested for my information and that of my husband to enable him cast the spell and i sent him the details, but after two days, my mom called me that my husband came pleading that he wants me back, i never believed it because it was just like a dream and i had to rush down to my mothers place and to my greatest surprise, my husband was kneeling before me pleading for forgiveness that he wants me and the kid back home, then i gave Happy a call regarding sudden change of my husband and he made it clear to me that my husband will love me till the end of the world, that he will never leave my sight. Now me and my husband is back together again and has started doing pleasant things he hasn't done before, he makes me happy and do what he is suppose to do as a man without nagging. Please if you need help of any kind, kindly contact Happy for help and you can reach him via email: happylovespell2@gmail.com call +2348133873774 about his service and web site: http://happyspelltemple.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your miracle Doctor Osemu Okpamen

    This article is dedicated to the Doctor Osemu Okpamen. I have been married with my wife for 5 years and recently she broke up with me and it hurt me deeply when she told me to leave her alone and that she does not love me anymore when i was always faithful and honest to her. I tried all the ways to get her back buying her what she wants like i always did and she still left me heart broken and she even has a new boyfriend which destroyed me even more until a friend of mine from high school directed me to this genuine spell Doctor called Osemu Okpamen. This man changed my life completely. I followed everything he told me to do and my wife came back begging for me back. I was stunned everything happened exactly like he told me. I had faith in everything he told me and everything was true. Also he was there every moment until i got my happiness back and he also provides spells that cures impotence, bareness, diseases such as HIV/AID E.T.C You can contact him via email at { Doctorokpamenspelltemple@yahoo.com } or visit his website http://www.doctorokpamenspells.com. He will help you in anything you need and quick to answer once you contact him or call me for more info +1 (914)-517-3229.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi everyone!!!

    I'm so excited share this testimony here about how i got my ex husband back after a break up. I'm Clara 28 yr old from USA, Am a woman who love and cherish my husband more than any other thing you can imagine on earth continent. My husband was so lovely and caring after 3 years of marriage he was seriously ill and the doctor confirm and said he has a kidney infection that he needed a kidney donor, that was how I start searching for who can help, doctor has given me a periodic hour that he will live just 24 hours left, that was how I ask the doctor if I can be of help to my husband that was how he carried out the text, the confirming was successful, I was now having this taught that since 3 years now we got married I have not be able to get pregnant can I be able to get bring again? That was the question I ask the doctor, he never answer his response was did you want to lost your husband? I immediately reply no I can't afford to lose him. After the operation my husband came back to live and was healthy I was also OK with the instruction given to me by the doctor, after 3 months my husband came home with another lady telling me, that is our new wife that will give us kids and take care of us, that was how I was confused and started crying all day, that was how my husband ran away with his new wife cleanable. Since then I was confuse don't know what to do that was how I went back to the doctor and tell him everything, he told me that, this is not just an ordinary it must be a spiritual problem that was how he gave me this Email: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com that I should tell he all my problem that he can help that was how i contacted he and I do as instructed. After 28 hours and I have done what he ask me to do, my husband start searching for me and went back to the doctor, that was how we well settle he also told me not to worry that I will get pregnant, this month making it the fifth Month I contacted he am now 3 months pregnant. These great spell cater is a great man,
    if you have any kind of problem you can contact him here on his
    Email: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com or call him +2348160153829
    Save Your Crumbling Relationship

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi everyone!!!

    I'm so excited share this testimony here about how i got my ex husband back after a break up. I'm Clara 28 yr old from USA, Am a woman who love and cherish my husband more than any other thing you can imagine on earth continent. My husband was so lovely and caring after 3 years of marriage he was seriously ill and the doctor confirm and said he has a kidney infection that he needed a kidney donor, that was how I start searching for who can help, doctor has given me a periodic hour that he will live just 24 hours left, that was how I ask the doctor if I can be of help to my husband that was how he carried out the text, the confirming was successful, I was now having this taught that since 3 years now we got married I have not be able to get pregnant can I be able to get bring again? That was the question I ask the doctor, he never answer his response was did you want to lost your husband? I immediately reply no I can't afford to lose him. After the operation my husband came back to live and was healthy I was also OK with the instruction given to me by the doctor, after 3 months my husband came home with another lady telling me, that is our new wife that will give us kids and take care of us, that was how I was confused and started crying all day, that was how my husband ran away with his new wife cleanable. Since then I was confuse don't know what to do that was how I went back to the doctor and tell him everything, he told me that, this is not just an ordinary it must be a spiritual problem that was how he gave me this Email: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com that I should tell he all my problem that he can help that was how i contacted he and I do as instructed. After 28 hours and I have done what he ask me to do, my husband start searching for me and went back to the doctor, that was how we well settle he also told me not to worry that I will get pregnant, this month making it the fifth Month I contacted he am now 3 months pregnant. These great spell cater is a great man,
    if you have any kind of problem you can contact him here on his
    Email: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com or call him +2348160153829
    Save Your Crumbling Relationship
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/725/523/869/

    ReplyDelete