Sunday, November 6, 2016

A Nova Scotia Wedding

*Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement and empathy on my last post. Our family is by no means healed but the healing process has begun and we deeply appreciate the support of our friends and family.*


A few weeks ago I was able to travel across the continent to see Justin and Faith get married! It was a beautiful weekend celebrating the union of two people who are very clearly meant to be together, and I feel so blessed to have been a part of it!

I took a red eye flight from LAX to Halifax, and I'm so glad I did it that way. I was able to sleep on the flights and it was really great to not feel like I wasted an entire day traveling. The views of the East Coast from an airplane were like, really pretty.


Faith's parents graciously gave me a room to sleep in so I didn't have to miss out on any of the wedding festivities! (I also didn't have to rent a care, thankfully.) I arrived on Saturday midday and Faith and I finished up some wedding centerpieces, and while doing that we got herpes and we got high. Ok, glitter herpes and maybe not "high," just a little lightheaded.


I took one of the best naps of my life before we headed out with the bridal party to downtown Halifax (I think) to do a brewery tour and have dinner.


We did a tour of Alexander Keith's brewery and learned that it's not acceptable to every trot a horse.


The brewery was amazing, and the tour guides were informative and funny! We got to sample a bunch of different beers which wasn't the most exciting thing for me, since I don't like beer, but I really enjoyed the tour and now I can say I've tried pale ales, amber ales, and a stout! And I survived!



The rest of the night was spent at Faith's parents' house drinking Pistol Pete's signature wine, watching Faith hand-letter signs for the wedding, and taking really attractive selfies.


The wedding day was BEAUTIFUL and the view from the hotel where Faith was getting ready didn't hurt my eyes too much.


The vases that gave us herpes and got us high turned out perfectly and I really wish I had stolen one.


I have never seen so many colorful trees in my life, except in movies. Halifax is absolutely on my list of places to travel to again!



Their ceremony was gorgeous and they each wrote their own vows, which impressed me.

During the reception we facetimed Lindsay so the triplets were reunited!


Faith and Justin had a Polaroid camera guest book which was one of the most fun things EVER. At first people were being very polite and only taking one picture but toward the end of the night there was a lot of film left over the lots of wine had been consumed and it seemed like everywhere I turned there was a Polaroid camera flashing. It was so fun! I wish I had done that at my wedding. Damn you Faith for giving me regrets.


I made lots of new friends.

  
Faith was given an apron to eat her taco dinner in and that is GENIUS.


The sunset from their boathouse reception was just okay.

  
One of the running jokes was that Faith's dad had bought like, 50 bricks of cheese for the reception. I think at least 5 people went up to him during the reception and said, "PETER WE RAN OUT OF CHEESE!" Once the food had been put away my new friend Amanda and I found our way to the kitchen and helped ourselves to second dinner... and found that there were like, 5 large bags of shredded cheese and 6 fully intact cheese bricks leftover! It was very fun and second dinner is delicious.




After the reception we all went to a bar and had an after party and I got THIRD DINNER. There was a pizza place open so I got cheesy bread aaaaaaand it was delicious. We took some more selfies and then we all left and felt very accomplished that Faith and Justin had been successfully married.


Canadians are the nicest people I have ever met, and Canada is one of the prettiest places I've ever been. Faith was a beautiful bride and Justin was a very dapper groom. The weekend went by way too quickly!

I'll never get over how this silly little blog has brought me some of the greatest friendships. My family doesn't know I blog so they were a bit confused at why I was going to Nova Scotia for the wedding of "a friend I met in college, we didn't go to college together but I met her during college." Thanks for always playing along with that, Faith.

NOW COME BACK TO CALIFORNIA SO WE CAN HANG OUT MORE.

6 comments:

  1. So fun! Glad you enjoyed your trip to this corner of the world, I seriously can't imagine living anywhere else other than the maritimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halifax is seriously beautiful! Glad to see that you enjoyed your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!! Isn't the world of blogging crazy?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ex boyfriend is back after a breakup,I’m extremely happy that will are living together again.
    My boyfriend of a 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant.I have cried my self to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again.Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes ,my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time.Generally he is a very nice guy ,he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along.He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change.I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with.I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe.He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy,he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy.i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Unity. If you have any problem contact Dr.Unity now and i guarantee you that he will help you.Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on whats-app: +2348071622464 ,His website: http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone, I'm so excited.
    My ex-boyfriend is back after a breakup,I’m extremely happy that will are living together again.
    My name is Mary Wilkie from England.
    My boyfriend of a 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant.I have cried my self to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again.Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes ,my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time.Generally he is a very nice guy ,he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along.He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change.I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with.I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe.He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy,he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy.i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Unity. If you have any problem contact Dr.Unity now and i guarantee you that he will help you.Email him at:( Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ),you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: ( +2348071622464 ),His website: http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excited and extremely happy, and thankful that my marriage with my husband has been restored. me and my husband have been married of 22 years together 23. After i found him texting a coworker and questioned him, he said they were just friends but 3 wks later he told me he didnt love me anymore that he was in love with her and that i made him feel bad about himself and she didnt. He left home for 2 wks came home and left 2 wks later. Been gone for 3 1/2 months now. Hes been going to bars, calling women, lying like crazy, drinking like a fish and hasnt spoken to the kids the whole time hes been gone. His whole personality has changed. We believe he is going thru some sort of mid life crisis. Its crazy, he is acting like a person that we dont know anymore. Is it possible to get my marriage back. Because I know that he is going thru some crazy thing right now Im finding it very hard to let go. I still love him. How can I save my marriage and family when my husband is in the middle of a mid life crisis and wont listen to my or anyone else. We are so confused. i try to communicate with him but still hang off the phone on me,I love my family. and my husband and i need to keep my marriage save with him from other women so i have to seek for a love spell to keep our marriage stronger and safe so going online one day on facebook, i saw a prayer point, and a website say if you need your ex back, save your marriage, and fight your husband from divorce. i was so very happy a hopeful again that i can get back with my husband after i saw this website so i read this testimony of this website on how he help save his marriage nd i was excited to give a try so i contacted him and give him all the reason why i need his help, and he assured me that with-6 good hours of his spell that my husband will come back home to me so i believe and trust him coz he was like a father to me also a man of his words so today am happy that my husband who has been away for 3 1/2 months now with his coworker is back home with apology plz you all should help me and thank Dr happy he really save my life and my marriage so email him if you need help also on happylovespell2@gmail.com call +2348133873774 about his service and web site: http://happyspelltemple.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete