Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Life, lately

Hello, internet. Nice to see you today. Things around here haven't been anything extraordinary lately, but still rich and full and fun and wonderful. Although now that it's summer and regular TV shows have ended until fall (I'm looking at you, Grey's and Blindspot and Better Call Saul) I'm hoping to be able to spend more time here, in this space. Although, The Bachelorette did just start up again and Keith and I have to keep an eye on our brackets (they were all his idea, I swear) so you never know.

Lately, here's what we've been up to.

//We bought a high chair. Well, I bought a high chair. Memorial Day weekend is a major garage sale holiday so we scored some good deals, but my absolutely favorite is this wooden high chair that I snagged for only $20. No, this is not an announcement, it's just getting ready for the future. Plus, it's just really really cute and I'm obsessed with it.


//Keith turned 29, and he let me take him to see the new X-Men movie. I enjoyed this movie, thankfully. I liked it more than the recent Captain America movie. It's basically Jennifer Lawrence becoming a part of Blue Man Group with a special appearance by a very rugged Jean Valjean. Aaron Rodgers' girlfriend also makes an appearance in an outfit that looks highly impractical for her line of work. Also Robby from Atonement is in a wheelchair.


//ANTS. We have the giant carpenter ants outside (pictured) and I'm worried they're like termites and they're going to make our wooden driveway collapse. Their weaker smaller cousins are currently infesting our kitchen and do you know what is worse than ants? Nothing. Nothing at all.


//Baby Kate loves being a big sister.


//Speaking of Baby Kate, my sister is selling some of her old clothes on Instagram! (@raising_daughtersshop) My sister keeps everything in amazing condition, and most of these clothes were only worn a handful of time, at the most. You're welcome in advance.


//General Patton is still the star of my Snapchat (@notthatjuliet), and he's still adorable.

//We are going to Iowa this month! Keith's grandparents live out there, so we are traveling to see them with his parents. I'm really looking forward to spending time with them, but not to braving the heat and humidity. I'm going to be a bucket of sweat the whole time we're there.

That's all. Thank you for reading goodbye.

6 comments:

  1. Iowa is awesome! (That's where I live). If you are near Des Moines, check out Zombie Burger (awesome Burger joint that has really fun amazing on theme Burgers - the Walking Ched is ridiculously awesome) And Fong's Pizza and be sure to try the Crab Ragoon Pizza. It's a Chinese Food Pizza Tiki Bar. It's kind of amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://altonbrown.com/ab-road-eats-des-moines/ -Further evidence of Des Moines's cool indie food scene.

      Delete
  2. I love this and you, more blogging please. Also, more pics of Baby Kate loving that #bigsis lyfe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and you, more blogging please. Also, more pics of Baby Kate loving that #bigsis lyfe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Iowa (my home and current state) treats you well.

    That photo of baby Kate and her sister is PRECIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was hoping you'd posted this high chair picture on facebook so you could confuse people and they'd start to awkwardly congratulate you.

    ReplyDelete