Monday, April 11, 2016

Lately [Word Vomit]

Since my husband (it's still so weird to say HUSBAND!!!) is out of town for the week, I've been dedicating my life to things I simply cannot do when he is home. Namely, wearing my most hideous sweat pants, blogging, and eating ice cream out of the carton. And binge watching Army Wives and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt without hearing comments from the peanut gallery in the background. Also I've been sleeping with both an axe and a baseball bat next to my bed just in case intruders happen upon me in the middle of the night.

Rational is my middle name.

Today is going to be a word vomit day. I have ideas for posts later in the week (which have to do with a honeymoon post and a post about my favorite household items because I'm exciting like that), but today I'm just going to spit up all over my page, just like my co-workers 4.5 month old baby does on my scrubs on a daily basis. It's really adorable.

Since Keith has bee gone I've been trying to be a domestic goddess and get some cleaning/purging out of the way. Sunday night I ended up going through boxes of old cards + pictures and I found this amazing picture of me at 14 years old. I think I literally had 7 hairs on each eyebrow and that shirt with the furry collar? I loved wearing it with a furry sweater because I was the coolest homeschooled high school freshman you've ever seen in your LYFE.


The dogs missed their dad and showed that by refusing to eat on Sunday. We skyped Keith Sunday night and the dogs really didn't know what to do with themselves. They kept cocking their heads and whining and doing their tricks just in case he magically apparated and appeared in front of them. Ignore the home mess but LOOK HOW CUTE THE DOGS ARE.


Baby Kate has a sister! She was born on March 8th and she has the biggest feet and the most amazing head of hair I've ever seen on a newborn. Her name is Kynlee Elizabeth and her favorite things are: 1) Sleeping. 2) That's all.

Baby Kate is a very concerned big sister. Whenever "Baby Sista" cries, Baby Kate gets upset and wants Kynlee to stop crying because when babies cry the world cries. Katelynne is convinced that Kynlee cries for one of two reasons: "She needs a Band-Aid!" or "She's hungwy and wants the boobies!"

In my opinion, Baby Kyn always looks like she's exasperated and it's adorable.
I AM A BUILDER. We don't have very much kitchen storage so last weekend when we were buying a new sofa we also bought a little cupboard. It had to be put together a la Ikea and last night, in the glow of Army Wives, I decided to brave the instructions and build my cupboard. I think that's what it's called. I'm really impressed with my building skills even if it does look the tiniest bit crooked. It also matches the rest of the wood nearly perfectly, and I love that. I'm a bit concerned that there's too much of that color wood in our kitchen/dining room but I figure the ping pong table which is not shown in the picture probably balances it out. Also the constant mess probably distracts from the color scheme as well.


When I was going through the picture of old cards + pictures I found this picture of when I thought I was a model. Someone I knew was opening up a "vintage" (i.e. thrift) store and she asked me and another girl to model for her, and my idea of modeling was to hunch over in a gutter while wearing an obscene amount of eyeliner.


I made a cake for a co-worker's birthday and used my recipe for Grandma's seven minute icing and .... it looks like the cake from Sleeping Beauty. It totally and completely melted and I don't know why. I promise it was still delicious! It just mildly resembled the cake a drunk leprechaun would have made.


Click here.





5 comments:

  1. Those puppy faces! Also Baby Kyn! Exasperated is a good word. She's working on her RBF for 15 years from now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake reminds me of Flubber... but I'd still eat it.

    That modelling picture is perfection

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake!! Haha. Regardless of the droopy icing, it still looks tasty! And totally agree about the joyfulness of being able to watch shows without peanut gallery comments from the guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your model picture...enough about the eyeliner, let's talk about the rather inviting pose you're in. Hoochy!
    Also, I looooove Army Wives. My girls and I would get together and drink wine and watch it each week the new episode aired.
    Lastly, you can't mention her big feet and not post a picture of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Name is Leon Adrian. I will love to share my testimony to all the people in the love site cos i never thought i will have my girlfriend back and she means so much to me..The girl i want to get marry to left me 3 weeks to our weeding for another man..,When i called her she never picked my calls,She deleted me on her Facebook and she changed her Facebook status from married to Single...when i went to her place of work she told her boss she never want to see me..i lost my job as a result of this cos i cant get myself anymore,my life was upside down and everything did not go smooth with my life...I tried all i could do to have her back to all did not work out until i met a Man when i Travel to Africa to execute some business have been developing some years back..I told him my problem and all have passed through in getting her back and how i lost my job...he told me he gonna help me...i don't believe that in the first place.but he swore he will help me out and he told me the reason why my girlfriend left me and also told me some hidden secrets.i was amazed when i heard that from him..he said he will cast a spell for me and i will see the results in the next couple of days..then i travel back to US the following day and i called him when i got home and he said he's busy casting those spells and he has bought all the materials needed for the spells,he said am gonna see positive results in the next 2 days that is Thursday...My girlfriend called me at exactly 12:35pm on Thursday and apologies for all she had done ..she said,she never knew what she's doing and her sudden behavior was not intentional and she promised not to do that again.it was like am dreaming when i heard that from her and when we ended the call,i called the man and told him my wife called and he said i haven't seen anything yet... he said i will also get my job back in 2 days time..and when its Sunday,they called me at my place of work that i should resume working on Monday and they gonna compensate me for the time limit have spent at home without working..My life is back into shape,i have my girlfriend back and we are happily married now with kids and i have my job back too,This man is really powerful..if we have up to 20 people like him in the world,the world would have been a better place..he has also helped many of my friends to solve many problems and they are all happy now..Am posting this to the forum for anybody that is interested in meeting the man for help.you can mail him on this e-mail; happylovespell2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete