Friday, April 8, 2016

Deep in the heart of Texas


Y'all. I got to spend a weekend in the South with Faith and Lindsay (and with a guest appearance by Natalie and her most perfect tiny human, Zoey). If you've never been to Texas, you really need to go. And if you go, you need to make sure you go with good friends, stretchy pants, and lots of space on your phone for pictures.

Since I didn't get into DFW until almost midnight on Thursday night, the recap of the trip begins on Friday. Although if you want to know, we spent a few hours after I got in enjoying nightcaps, playing with Lindsay's dumpster cats, and being in general disbelief that we were all finally together.

Friday, after Lindsay made us incredible breakfast tacos, we went to the DFW stockyards. While there we observed Texas Longhorns, "raced" through a maze which was featured on season 5 of The Amazing Race, imbibed in Tex-Mex and margaritas, and played tourist outside of Cowboys stadium and the Rangers stadium.
Trying to get a picture with the Texas Longhorns. Total success, obviously.
Faith and Lindsay with the prizes we got for completing the hardest maze OF ALL TIME.
Actual photo of us during torture.
The REAL prize for finishing the maze: margs and Tex Mex!
When bloggers try to eat...


These childrens' rides are highly inappropriate to ride as an adult.
Sportsball!
More sportsball!
Friday evening we enjoyed authentic Texas BBQ with our special guest: Zoey. I mean, Natalie and her baby Zoey. We went to Riscky's BBQ and when I ordered the all you can eat ribs, our waitress laughed at me. So I was like, "She doesn't think I'll get my money's worth from the all-you-can-eat ribs?? I'll show her!!!!" ...I ate seven, which really isn't impressive.

What IS impressive is that Natalie braved the Downtown Fort Worth traffic and parking situation in order to hang out with us. AND she did it with a tiny baby in tow! Baby Zo is like, the most perfect human alive (besides my nieces, of course). It was basically blogging heaven, that night.




#MotherMaterial. I was drinking a hard cider. When I ordered it I was kind of embarrassed, because everybody else was drinking beer. Our waitress told me, "Well don't order it if you're ASHAMED of it!" So this is a picture of my shame cider.

I LOVE THEM BOTH.
After stuffing our faces and bellies with BBQ, Lindsay took us both to a piano bar. I'll admit (I didn't tell this to Lindsay or Faith) I was a little skeptical of a piano bar. I didn't really know much about them but Lindsay really talked it up so we were both like "OKAY."

YOU GUYS IT WAS THE MOST AMAZING THING IN THE WORLD.



We shared a fishbowl of alcohol and enjoyed the best few hours E.V.E.R. There was a bachelorette party going on so we got to watch all the party girls getting up on stage and making fools of themselves, we got to sing along to the classics like Journey and Billy Joel, and we got to have the most American night ever.

At one point one of the pianists invited all the military people up on stage and everybody belted out "God Bless the USA" and Faith (who is Canadian) was like, "THIS IS THE MOST AMERICAN THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE." And Lindsay was like, "Normally they all bust out their pistols and start shooting the roof!" And Faith was like "REALLY?" And Lindsay was like, "YES. BASICALLY."

We got back super late, after having an awful Uber experience and then finally taking a van taxi home, and pretended to have a nightcap before we all just crashed for the night. We had to keep up our strength so we could continue our shenanigans the next day... shenanigans that started with BREAKFAST.

Mr. Hess was present during breakfast. Shout out to Mr. Lindsay!
Saturday afternoon we drove to Dallas where we did a drive by viewing of the JFK memorial (we did not get out because parking was a pain and we were tired, sorry JFK) and then we drove to Weir's.

Backstory: I was born in Texas and in the 80's my Dad worked at a furniture store called Weir's. He talks about it ALL the time and the entire congregation at my home church knows about "that Texas furniture store," so when I told my dad I was going to Dallas (to visit college friends because #secretblog), he told me to go to Weir's and gave me a list of people to say hello to. Some of the people my dad knew still worked there, and remembered him! It was a really cool experience.


Next Lindsay took us to jewelry/accessory mecca, AKA Sam Moon. IT WAS AMAZING and we all got so much amazing and cool jewelry! I totally get why Lindsay is obsessed with this place.



Next, we became BEST FRIENDS WITH BOB. "Bob" is queso with ground beef, avocado, and sour cream mixed in. BOB IS MY NEW BOYFRIEND. I love him so much I forgot to take a picture of him. But don't worry, I DID manage to photograph more margaritas.


Faith got a picture of Bob, that sneaky minx. Middle left.
Also thank you Faith for taking photographic evidence of the gluttony we enjoyed in Texas.
After that, Lindsay took us for "foot massages." Did you know that in Texas, "foot massage" is code for "full body molestation"? We'll tell you about that some other time. Today is not the time or the place but just know that when we were finished with out massaged, both Faith and I were traumatized. We were also totally relaxed because massages are amazing and THANK YOU LINDSAY.

That evening we decided to try a buffet of Texas food so we drove through and took home:
-Chick Fil A
-Taco Bueno (or was it Taco Casa? I can't remember. We had one of them the night I got in and the other on Saturday night)
-Whataburger

Plus, we had our fully stocked bar at Lindsay's house. We were not left wanting for food or drink, no siree. We watched Parks and Rec and had the most fun time ever just being together, talking, and laughing. SEE?


I can't say enough good things about our weekend together. Faith and Lindsay are two of the funniest, most hilarious, and most all around wonderful people I've ever met and I'm so hashtag blessed to know them both! #TripletsForever
AND. We have a video. You are WELCOME.


10 comments:

  1. THIS MAKES MY HEART SO HAPPY.

    Except I think there was room for more butt stuff in the post...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really disappointed in the lack of butt stuff in this post

      Delete
  2. Um, I'm recreating BOB this weekend. That shits going down. God bless Texas, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. 1. I'm super jealous about meeting up with blog friends. (And my family doesn't know I have blog friends either.)
    2. Chickfila? You have never had Chickfila???? It's amazing isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LETS GO BACK RIGHT NOW, PLEAAAAASE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made me miss Texas food so much! BOB is the best thing ever. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. How I Was Rescued By A God Fearing Lender (Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com)

    Hello, I am Andrew Thompson currently living in CT USA, God has bless me with two kids and a lovely Wife, I promise to share this Testimony because of God favor in my life, 2days ago I was in desperate need of money so I thought of having a loan then I ran into wrong hands who claimed to be loan lender not knowing he was a scam. he collected 1,500.00 USD from me and refuse to email me since then I was confuse, but God came to my rescue, one faithful day I went to church after the service I share idea with a friend and she introduce me to LEXIE LOAN COMPANY, she said she was given 98,000.00 USD by MR LEXIE , THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF LEXIE LOAN COMPANY. So I collected his email Address , he told me the rules and regulation and I followed, then after processing of the Documents, he gave me my loan of 55,000.00 USD... So if you are interested in a loan you can as well contact him on this Email: Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com or call +1(406) 946-0675 thanks, I am sure he will also help you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun getaway! I lived in Texas a few years ago and SO miss their tex-mex and Whataburger!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Piano bars are my favorite!!!!!! How had you never been to one?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Name is Leon Adrian. I will love to share my testimony to all the people in the love site cos i never thought i will have my girlfriend back and she means so much to me..The girl i want to get marry to left me 3 weeks to our weeding for another man..,When i called her she never picked my calls,She deleted me on her Facebook and she changed her Facebook status from married to Single...when i went to her place of work she told her boss she never want to see me..i lost my job as a result of this cos i cant get myself anymore,my life was upside down and everything did not go smooth with my life...I tried all i could do to have her back to all did not work out until i met a Man when i Travel to Africa to execute some business have been developing some years back..I told him my problem and all have passed through in getting her back and how i lost my job...he told me he gonna help me...i don't believe that in the first place.but he swore he will help me out and he told me the reason why my girlfriend left me and also told me some hidden secrets.i was amazed when i heard that from him..he said he will cast a spell for me and i will see the results in the next couple of days..then i travel back to US the following day and i called him when i got home and he said he's busy casting those spells and he has bought all the materials needed for the spells,he said am gonna see positive results in the next 2 days that is Thursday...My girlfriend called me at exactly 12:35pm on Thursday and apologies for all she had done ..she said,she never knew what she's doing and her sudden behavior was not intentional and she promised not to do that again.it was like am dreaming when i heard that from her and when we ended the call,i called the man and told him my wife called and he said i haven't seen anything yet... he said i will also get my job back in 2 days time..and when its Sunday,they called me at my place of work that i should resume working on Monday and they gonna compensate me for the time limit have spent at home without working..My life is back into shape,i have my girlfriend back and we are happily married now with kids and i have my job back too,This man is really powerful..if we have up to 20 people like him in the world,the world would have been a better place..he has also helped many of my friends to solve many problems and they are all happy now..Am posting this to the forum for anybody that is interested in meeting the man for help.you can mail him on this e-mail; happylovespell2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete