Sunday, January 10, 2016

Honeymoon: Athens Day Two (in which I don 3 hairstyles in one day)

Honeymoon Part I
Honeymoon Athens Day One

Once upon a time I went on a honeymoon, and during random times of the honeymoon I'd think, "Oh I should get artsy and take some selfies for the internet." Let me present to you one of those times.
It's not weird, right? It's totally normal to go on a honeymoon, on your first time out of the country, across the globe, with your new husband, experiencing amazing things, and thinking of the best ways to take selfies to post on the internet, right? It's 2016... I think it's pretty normal (and also kind of sad and weird and I'd never admit this to anyone in person).
ANYWAY.
Today I'm sharing the next part of our honeymoon, which was our second day in Greece. There will probably be 13 honeymoon posts, because we were gone for 13 days, and we did a LOT every single day, and I like to be detailed and write posts that are as many words as there are dollars in the Powerball jackpot.
ANYWAY AGAIN.
On day two of Athens, we woke up bright and early to get started on the day's adventure. In the evening Keith would spend time cementing our itinerary for the next day, and I'm happy to report that I didn't have to plan one single thing during our honeymoon and I think that was the best gift I've ever been given.
We took a photo outside of our hotel, the name of which I honestly can't remember. I've even tried googling it but I haven't had any luck. If you're going to Athens and you want the name of the hotel I'll ask Keith but tbh that just sounds like a lot of work. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that we walked out into the middle of a very busy street to take a picture outside of our honeymoon hotel. I think I mentioned this in my last honeymoon post: the way their floors are over there is weird. They label the bottom floor as, "0." So we were on the 3rd floor, but in the USA that would have been the 4th floor. It confused us every single time we got on an elevator.
After we took that picture we began our trek to Mount Lycabettus. In Greece we didn't rent a car, which meant we either had to take public transportation or walk everywhere. There wasn't really much public transportation to Mount Lucabettus, so we walked the. whole. way. It didn't seem that bad in the morning because the weather was fairly cool, but when the sun got higher in the sky and I'd been walking for a while, my perpetually sweaty self was definitely glistening a lot. Luckily I had comfortable shoes.
I had to take a picture of Starbucks because my aunt (who used to live in Saudi Arabia and went to Greece on multiple occasions) told me she knew they'd have gross coffee most places and that they probably didn't have any "regular" Starbucks coffee. They did have Starbucks, but I didn't try it so I don't know how it compared to the USA.

"Keith, take a picture of me drinking a Coke Light in Athens."
In front of us and to the left you can see some sort of City Hall building, and in the distance you can see Mount Lycabettus. See that pointy thing on top? That's where we were headed. When I found that out I almost passed out but then I kept it together because I am a very mature individual. Plus, it was Greece and I was looking forward to seeing all of the streets.

"Keith, take a picture of me holding a Coke Light and a Monster in Athens."


The above picture gives you a glimpse of how insane the streets were. The cars were parked SOCLOSE to each other that I don't really know how people either parked or pulled out. The streets were also really narrow if you drove anything larger than a mini cooper I don't know how you didn't lose your side mirrors.

Keith: Hey babe, let's race up these stairs.
Juliette: Ok, ready? GO!
*Keith runs, Juliette doesn't move*
Juliette: Oh look, you're winning!


We finally made it to the bottom of Mount Lycabettus, and luckily Keith had a map. There were a lot of signs directing us a lot of different directions, and I'm convinced that I'd have gotten lost had I been by myself. Here is a picture of the view during part of the hike. You can see the Acropolis and behind that, the Mediterranean Sea.


The couple that selfies together stays together because they have to take multiple selfies to ensure they get a perfect one.



My husband likes to get down and dirty for some of his pictures. When he realized I was photographing his technique he refused to continue in that manner until I gave him my phone so I couldn't take anymore pictures.



Finally, FINALLYm we made it to the top, and it was more than worth it.


From this peak you have a 360 degree view of Athens. It's INCREDIBLE. There's a small church and a restaurant at the top (neither of which we went into), but I'd go back there just for the view. We stayed at the top for well over an our just looking, talking about the future (more trips, cats, and tiny humans), taking pictures, and making out. The restaurant wasn't playing Grecian music... they were playing that "You know it raaaaains down in Aaaaafrica" song, and I just thought that was hilarious.



Our next stop was the National Gardens. It was another long trek but it was all downhill, so I didn't complain much. On our walk we saw this tree and I insisted that I could jump up onto it. We have a video of me trying to run and jump and I think it was my 3rd jump where I finally got my balance. If I ever get it together enough to put together a video of our trip, you'll see it. Until then you get this picture of me sitting on a tree.


Both of us were disappointed in the gardens. Don't get me wrong, they were incredible beautiful, but we were expecting more color, I think. There were very few flowers, but it was very shady which we enjoyed because it was getting pretty warm outside. You could spend hours in the gardens, but we just took a quick walk through because we had more destinations after this one.


True life: 90% of the reason I wanted to take a kissing picture was because I wanted to check out the messy bun I'd thrown together while we were walking.



Third hairstyle of the day: the braid. Hair ADD? What, me?


Our next destination was the Philopappos Monument on Philopappos Hill. It was another hike, and on the way there is a prison where it's rumored that Socrates was imprisoned, and some random monkey bars. The walk up this hill was really nice, and again, beautiful. I haven't been able to find information that confirms for me that Socrates was absolutely definitely without a doubt imprisoned in one of these cells, but it's definitely possible. I was surprised at how little there was at this point to tell us about what we were looking at, and I was also surprised at how spacious the cells were.


The Philopappos Monument sits high atop a hill, and from the hill you can again see both the Acropolis as well as Mount Lycabettus. There were several signs explaining who this monument was dedicated to, and if you're interested here's a link to the Wikipedia page, because what's more reliable than Wikipedia?


Behind me is the Acropolis. I want to say that Mount Lycabettus is directly behind me but there's a good chance I'm exremely wrong.


Next, we walked over to the National Archaeological Museum of Athens. Here's some advice: if you're going to go to a museum, be prepared to both 1) be there for an obscene amount of time, and 2) look at the same things over and over and over and over again. At first we were both really excited about all the old things we were looking at, but there are only so many clay pots you can look at before it's like, "Ok, enough is enough."

True story behind the below picture: the main reason I wanted Keith to take it was because of the cool raspberry colored wall behind me. I thought it would look really cool on Instagram. Yes, I was in ancient Greece and I was thinking about Instagram. I ALREADY TOLD YOU THAT'S HOW MY MIND WORKS, OKAY? RELAX.


Apparently I'm not mature enough for these museums because most of the statues made me giggle because they looked inappropriate. Don't believe me? I HAVE PHOTOGRAPHS. If you can make it through without giggling then I salute you.


It's like the statue is saying, "HELP MY CLOTHES ARE FALLING OFF AND MY LADY PARTS ARE EXPOSED"

AND a clay pot because we only saw like one or two (thousand) of them.


That was about it for that day. We decided to go to that restaurant with the amazing gyros (ordering a more reasonable amount of food this time) and then call it a day. During our walk, we took some more pictures of the streets because it was just crazy to me how close these cars were parked to each other!



I think I mentioned it before, but during our whole trip to Greece, Turkey, and Hungary, the only sodas we saw were Coke, Coke Light, Fanta, and Sprite. I tried a Fanta and was really confused because it was YELLOW. It was like, grapefruit Fanta and I was expecting orange and my mind just couldn't get itself around what was happening. We also ordered a plate of goat cheese and a plate of pita bread and they got the goat cheese right but I'd neverr had pita bread like what they gave us, but you know what? IT WAS DELICIOUS and carbs are everything.


My goal is to not go two more months before I post the next part of our trip. If you've ever been to Athens I'm really curious about your experience, so please tell me about it in the comments below! Or not. You know, whatever.


17 comments:

  1. Aww this post makes me want to get on a plane and travel to Athens asap! And your hair. WHY R U SO GOOD AT HAIR lol. Whenever I travel my hair looks like shit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Affordable Loan To Get Your Financial Problem Solved { Clydesdaleloancompany@yahoo.com }

      Hello everybody, I am Tarsha Dannis Bank, from Mississippi ,Ontario USA. I am a widow at the moment with two kids and i was stuck in a financial situation and i needed to refinance and pay up my bills and buy a house here in Oklahoma. I tried seeking for loans from various loan lenders both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit. But as God would have it way, i was introduced to a lender Called George Clydesdale by a friend named Adam Ken Fisher who got a loan from them and contacted them as instructed and to my greatest surprise, i got a loan sum of $349,000.00 and today am a house owner and my kids are doing well. So my friends, if you must contact any lending company with reference to securing a loan with low interest rate of 3% and better repayment plans, contact George Clydesdale Loans LLC ( Clydesdaleloancompany@yahoo.com ) He offers all kinds of loans You can contact him through his email via: ( Clydesdaleloancompany@yahoo.com ) or Tel: (347) 708-8926 or visit there webpage http://georgeclydesdaleloans.bravesites.com/

      Delete
    2. How I Was Rescued By A God Fearing Lender {Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com}..

      Hello, I am Andrew Thompson currently living in CT USA, God has bless me with two kids and a lovely Wife, I promise to share this Testimony because of God favor in my life, 2days ago I was in desperate need of money so I thought of having a loan then I ran into wrong hands who claimed to be loan lender not knowing he was a scam. he collected 1,500.00 USD from me and refuse to email me since then I was confuse, but God came to my rescue, one faithful day I went to church after the service I share idea with a friend and she introduce me to LEXIE LOAN COMPANY, she said she was given 98,000.00 USD by MR LEXIE , THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF LEXIE LOAN COMPANY. So I collected his email Address , he told me the rules and regulation and I followed, then after processing of the Documents, he gave me my loan of 55,000.00 USD... So if you are interested in a loan you can as well contact him on this Email: Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com or text +1(816) 892-6958 thanks, I am sure he will also help you.

      Delete
  2. So first of all, I really wish I could just be a third wheel to you and Keith at times because the racing up the stairs thing is hilarious and I'm sure that kinda thing happens all the time with you two and well... laughing is good cardio. ALSO. That messy bun... GIRL. Do a tutorial. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun! Adding Athens to my travel list now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But how does your hair look so GOOD?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am here to give testimony of how I got back my husband who left me over 2 months now, we got married for more than 5 years and have gotten just one kid. thing were going well with us and we are always happy. until one day my husband started to behave in a way I could not understand, I was very confused by the way he treat me and the kid. later that month he did not come home again and he called me that he want a divorce, I asked him what have I done wrong to deserve this from him, all he was saying is that he want a divorce that he hate me and do not want to see me again in his life, I was mad and also frustrated do not know what to do, i was sick for more than a weeks because of the divorce. I love him so much he was everything to me without him my life is incomplete. So I decided to tell my co-worker and when I told her shell told me that there is a Psychic spell caster named Dr happy that I should contact him that he can solve my problems. So she gave me his email and his website and I contacted Dr happy and explained everything that has happen to him. And he only tell me not to worry that my husband was going to come back to me just as he left I thought it was a joke. But it was a surprise to me when it happen the way Dr happy said it. Now I am a leaving testimony to what Dr happy can do. So if you are passing through similar problem just as I was you can as well contact Dr happy I know he will still solve your problem as well. Here is Dr happy email happylovespell2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Affordable Loan To Get Your Financial Problem Solved { Clydesdaleloancompany@yahoo.com }

      Hello everybody, I am Tarsha Dannis Bank, from Mississippi ,Ontario USA. I am a widow at the moment with two kids and i was stuck in a financial situation and i needed to refinance and pay up my bills and buy a house here in Oklahoma. I tried seeking for loans from various loan lenders both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit. But as God would have it way, i was introduced to a lender Called George Clydesdale by a friend named Adam Ken Fisher who got a loan from them and contacted them as instructed and to my greatest surprise, i got a loan sum of $349,000.00 and today am a house owner and my kids are doing well. So my friends, if you must contact any lending company with reference to securing a loan with low interest rate of 3% and better repayment plans, contact George Clydesdale Loans LLC ( Clydesdaleloancompany@yahoo.com ) He offers all kinds of loans You can contact him through his email via: ( Clydesdaleloancompany@yahoo.com ) or Tel: (347) 708-8926 or visit there webpage http://georgeclydesdaleloans.bravesites.com/

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh. That all looks so beautiful. I really want to go to Athens.

    And yeah, that floor numbering thing is weird all over Europe. It's like that in most places I've traveled outside of the US.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have so many thoughts. I will start with the goat cheese and "pita" bread (which looks suspiciously like garlic bread, and I'm not mad about it) and say simply: I WANT THAT. My second most overwhelming thought at this time is, how am I such a horrible friend that I've missed all these blog posts for the whole month of January? I'm really sorry. Thirdly, back to the goat cheese and pita bread – can we please eat something like that together when you come and visit? Athens looks amazing, I can't get over how stunningly beautiful all of these pictures are. PS I'm with Becca, how does your hair look so good when you have *allegedly* been hiking up Grecian mountains and sweating all day? Teach me your ways.

    Okay that's all more honeymoon posts please thank you I love you goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How I Was Rescued By A God Fearing Lender (Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com)

    Hello, I am Andrew Thompson currently living in CT USA, God has bless me with two kids and a lovely Wife, I promise to share this Testimony because of God favor in my life, 2days ago I was in desperate need of money so I thought of having a loan then I ran into wrong hands who claimed to be loan lender not knowing he was a scam. he collected 1,500.00 USD from me and refuse to email me since then I was confuse, but God came to my rescue, one faithful day I went to church after the service I share idea with a friend and she introduce me to LEXIE LOAN COMPANY, she said she was given 98,000.00 USD by MR LEXIE , THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF LEXIE LOAN COMPANY. So I collected his email Address , he told me the rules and regulation and I followed, then after processing of the Documents, he gave me my loan of 55,000.00 USD... So if you are interested in a loan you can as well contact him on this Email: Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com or call +1(406) 946-0675 thanks, I am sure he will also help you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Affordable Loan To Get Your Financial Problem Solved { Clydesdaleloancompany@yahoo.com }

    Hello everybody, I am Tarsha Dannis Bank, from Mississippi ,Ontario USA. I am a widow at the moment with two kids and i was stuck in a financial situation and i needed to refinance and pay up my bills and buy a house here in Oklahoma. I tried seeking for loans from various loan lenders both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit. But as God would have it way, i was introduced to a lender Called George Clydesdale by a friend named Adam Ken Fisher who got a loan from them and contacted them as instructed and to my greatest surprise, i got a loan sum of $349,000.00 and today am a house owner and my kids are doing well. So my friends, if you must contact any lending company with reference to securing a loan with low interest rate of 3% and better repayment plans, contact George Clydesdale Loans LLC ( Clydesdaleloancompany@yahoo.com ) He offers all kinds of loans You can contact him through his email via: ( Clydesdaleloancompany@yahoo.com ) or Tel: (347) 708-8926 or visit there webpage http://georgeclydesdaleloans.bravesites.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. How I Was Rescued By A God Fearing Lender {Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com}..

    Hello, I am Andrew Thompson currently living in CT USA, God has bless me with two kids and a lovely Wife, I promise to share this Testimony because of God favor in my life, 2days ago I was in desperate need of money so I thought of having a loan then I ran into wrong hands who claimed to be loan lender not knowing he was a scam. he collected 1,500.00 USD from me and refuse to email me since then I was confuse, but God came to my rescue, one faithful day I went to church after the service I share idea with a friend and she introduce me to LEXIE LOAN COMPANY, she said she was given 98,000.00 USD by MR LEXIE , THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF LEXIE LOAN COMPANY. So I collected his email Address , he told me the rules and regulation and I followed, then after processing of the Documents, he gave me my loan of 55,000.00 USD... So if you are interested in a loan you can as well contact him on this Email: Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com or text +1(816) 892-6958 thanks, I am sure he will also help you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to thank Julia Navaro for the loan given to me by her loan company NAVARO LOAN COMPANY. Needed a loan to start a my boutique and didn't know how to get a loan until I was introduce to NAVARO LOAN COMPANY by a friend online and she approved my loan of $300,000 with minimum income of $10 and now am a successful woman. If you need any type of loan from any country and of any amount at an interest rate of 2% contact Julia Navaro at
    Navaroloancompany@yahoo.com and live a happy life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. EDWARD JONES FINANCE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET A LOAN {Jonesloanfinance@yahoo.com},
    God bless you sir, I will not stop telling the world about your kindness in my life, I am a single mum with kids to look after. My name is Emily Thomas, and I am from Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach, FL . A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about EDWARD JONES FINANCE, that they can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. I have been in a financial mess for the pass 7 months now,She advised I give it a try so I mailed him and explain all about my financial situation to him, he therefore took me through the loan process and gave me a loan of $390,000.00 at a very low interest rate of 2% and today I am a proud business owner and can now take good care of my kids, If you must contact any firm to get any amount of loan you need with a low interest rate of 2% and better repayment schedule, please contact EDWARD JONES FINANCE email:- {Jonesloanfinance@yahoo.com} OR Text +1(307) 241-3712 or go to there page on http://jonesloanfinance.bravesites.com

    ReplyDelete