Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: Our Wedding Music

Three and a half months before our wedding I wrote a post about how hard of a time we were having choosing our wedding music. That post is one of my favorite posts I've ever written because people were seriously so helpful! The comments on that post helped us choose over 50% of our wedding music and I'm so grateful! Today I'm going to share the songs we chose as well as some more wedding photos. 

Keith had the idea of playing "The Final Countdown" by Europe 5 minutes before we were going to start the ceremony. I thought that would be hilarious, and I really hoped that multiple people would picture Gob Bluth when the song came on. The only problem with having that song in the rotation was that our DJ played it like, 20 minutes before the ceremony was supposed to start because it was in the rotation and I started freaking out because "NOBODY IS READY! OMG NOBODY IS READY! ARE WE STARTING IN 5 MINUTES? IT'S 20 MINUTES EARLY! WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!!" and then everybody was like WHOA CALM DOWN PSYCHO.


Family Processional

During the entrance of the grandparents/aunts/parents, we played The Piano Guys' cover of "Home" by Phillip Phillips.

 Top row, L-R: Keth's brother Darren (the best man) and Keith's grandma Freddie (who, with her husband Gary ((who asked at the beginning of the ceremony who gave me to be Keith's wife)) sort of got us together in the first place). Darren and Keith's Aunt Karen, who was like my second mom in high school. My brother Robert and my new grandma Violet (that "new grandma" part is another blog post that will come in the future).

Bottom row L-R: My brother John, my grandma who will be 100 years old in January, and my brother Robert. Keith with his mom. John and Robert with my mom.

We had a LOT of people being walked down. Four aunts, four sets of grandparents, and both of our moms. We made sure to pick a pretty long song for this.

Bridesamaids/Flower Girl

I really wanted our first dance to be to "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds. When Keith informed me that he vehemently hated that song, I accepted his feelings and tossed it to the side. He told me I could walk down the aisle to that, but that he would be thinking of the movie the whole time. With many an exasperated sigh I said we wouldn't use that song at all. Then, when it was 2 in the morning and 5 days before the wedding and we were finalizing our wedding playlist, he said he wouldn't mind if the bridesmaids walked down to that song so I said OKAY YES THAT SOUNDS GREAT.

Play the YouTube song and then look at the pictures,



From the top left and going clockwise: my old roommate and good friend Cortney; my old roommate and good friend Lisa, my sister in law Amy, my close friend since high school Cristen, my older sister Kathrene (my matron of honor, Baby Kate's mom, and my unborn 2nd niece's mom), my younger sister and maid of honor Angenette.

The flower girl Katelynne, but you should have already known that. Apparently she did a perfect job as flower girl. Nobody recorded a video which makes me very very sad, but I'm trying to forgive everyone for that. The petals she tossed were dried petals from roses Keith has given me since we got back together, and I'm proud to say I thought of that myself and without any help from Pinterest.

Bride's Procession

YES I USED THE TWILIGHT SONG. But you know what? It's BEAUTIFUL. 







Recessional
This one was all Keith's idea.



Grand Entrance








Our First Dance

We had the hardest time choosing our first dance song. I wanted "The Luckiest," and Keith didn't want to do a first dance at all (too much attention or something). We went back and forth with this song for months. I remember when we decided on this song: we were driving on I-5 toward Coalinga, and this song came on his iPod. I jokingly asked if he would want this as our song, and he thought for 4 seconds and then said, "it's a really strong possibility." It was there, driving past dairies and smelling cow manure, that I realized we had just chosen our first dance song.


If I can give you one piece of advice: choose a first dance song that is shorter than 3 minutes. Four minutes was WAY TOO LONG!! I always thought the first dance would be so romantic and that I wouldn't want it to end... but I was giggling uncomfortable the entire time. I was very aware that 150 people were watching us and I hated it. Keith had wanted to practice dancing beforehand but we never found the time to do that. Apparently I kept pulling away from him which was really making him mad. And then our DJ, who is a friend and co-worker of Keith's, surprised us with a fog machine! That was so awesome. I was laughing so hard! So basically, the first dance wasn't what I expected and it was super awkward, but I love the pictures.





















Father/Daughter Dance

I ended up letting my dad pick this song. I sent him some suggestions and then was very surprised when he nixed them all and suggested "Unforgettable" by Nat and Natalie King Cole. He said he loved that it was both a father and a daughter singing. When he told me he chose this song, I cried. Hopefully that made up for me not crying during our actual dance. I have a video of some of this dance and I'll post it eventually.


My dad and I have always been extremely close, and in the weeks and months leading up to the wedding I really thought both of us were going to sob our eyes out during the wedding and reception! Surprisingly, we didn't! 





Cake Cutting

Keith didn't realize that we got to choose a song to play during the cake cutting, so I chose to play "The Luckest" the original Ben Folds version during that. He wasn't thrilled, but you want to know the funniest part? I never even noticed the song was playing.











Bouquet Toss






That's all I can think of for now. I know some of these songs were suggested by specific people and I KNOW I promised Starbucks gift cards to those people and I fully plan to deliver on that promise so stay tuned and I'll post the music winners later this week.

18 comments:

  1. I love this post! It's exciting for me to be able to follow along with the wedding, even though I'm all the way in China!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that you used a Twilight song! Twilight song or not, it's super beautiful. And you look SO GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played all the songs and it made me sad that I'm not at your wedding right now. Can you get married again? ALSO, watching your first dance was so cute. I thought you guys were telling inside jokes or something since you kept giggling. I look insane in the bouquet toss pictures, but it's fine.

    I MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your song choices girl!! That Christina Perri song is soooo good, I listen to that when wedding drama is stressing me out and I completely zone out to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great selections!! Sounds like you had the perfect music and everything turned out exactly as it should!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These songs + moments are so precious, glad you shared them <3 All these arrangements are so beautiful. And can I keep staring at the cake for the rest of my life? *insert heart-popped-out emojis*

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this! I also walked down the aisle to "A Thousand Years," arranged by The Piano Guys. It's so gorgeous! And whatever, we did way better things with it than Twilight did. Your wedding looks like it was SO beautiful! Mazel tov!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude. You totally copied my wedding. ;) I walked down the aisle to The Luckiest and a friend played/sang A Thousand Years before the bridesmaids walked down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. will you guys adopt me?
    2. keith should choose songs for weddings as his new job
    3. now i want cake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many great songs! I love that you didn't go the traditional route with them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are ALL fantastic choices. love this so much

    ReplyDelete
  12. How to Save Your Relationship And Marriage from Divorce or broke up, Dr Frank Ojo saved my marriage by bringing my husband back home today..! My name is Natasha Becky. I'm happily married to a lovely and caring husband with two kids. A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my husband .so terrible that he took the case to court for a divorce.he said that he never wanted to stay with me again,and that he didn't love me anymore.So he packed out of the house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get him back,after much begging,but all to no avail.and he confirmed it that he has made his decision,and he never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my husband .So i explained every thing to him,so he told me that the only way i can get my husband back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for him too.So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow his advice. Then he gave me the email address of the spell caster whom he visited.{Templeofloveandprosperity@gmail.com}. So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address he gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my husband back the next day.What an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my husband who didn't call me for the past 9 months,gave me a call to inform me that he was coming back.So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster. So, If you have any problem contact him, I give you 100% guarantee that he will help you, Thanks to Dr Frank Ojo for bringing back my husband ,and brought great joy to my family once again, so here his email address { Templeofloveandprosperity@gmail.com } Website address: http://lovespell2.yolasite.com, Thanks Dr Frank Ojo for restoring my marriage.

    ReplyDelete

  13. I live in usa and life is worth living comfortably for me and my family now and really have never seen goodness shown to me this much in my life as I am a mother who struggles with three children and I have been going through a problem as seriously as my husband got a terrible accident last two weeks, and the doctors states that he needs to undergo a delicate surgery for him to be able to walk again and I could not pay the bills, then your surgery went to the bank to borrow and reject me saying that I have no credit card, from there i run to my father and he was not able to help, then when I was browsing through yahoo answers and i came across a loan lender MR TONY HARTON, offering loans at affordable interest rate and i have been hearing about so many scams on the internet but at this my desperate situation, I had no choice but to give it an attempt and surprisingly it was all like a dream, I got a loan of $ 50,000 and I paid for my husband surgery and thank God today is good and you can walk and is working and the burden is longer so much on me more and we can feed well and my family is happy today and i said to myself that I will mourn aloud in the world of the wonders of God to me through this lender GOD fearing MR TONY HARTON and I would advise anyone in genuine and serious need of loan to contact this God-fearing man on financialhome34@outlook.com through .. and I want you all to pray for this man for me
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cant really figure out the relevance between Genius X your site and the one I came from, but your site good none the less.This really is a great written piece! Ive truly bookmarked it and posted it out to almost all of my buddies simply because I know they are curious, thank you very much.The way you write make it truly effortless to read. And the theme you use, wow. Thats a really decent combination.For more ==== >>>>>> http://www.muskelaufbauhilfe.com/genius-x-o-cambalacho/

    ReplyDelete
  15. familiar with a little something from their store.Monster Muscle X I want to apply certain of that content on my blog should you do not mind. Natalya Ill give a link in to your internet site. Thanks for sharing.Free vacation giveaway every dat at Eurodollars.Have a great day. How do you promote this blog? It seems to get a good mount of traffic. Also, can you share where did you get the theme or.For more ==== >>>>>> http://guidemesupplements.com/monster-muscle-x/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I lost my husband to another woman 2 weeks ago after 27 years of marriage . We had a lovely marriage but he started a relationship with a co worker who chased after him . He is living away near his work and her and refuses to talk to me or to come home . I am devastated and am finding it hard to cope . I wish I did not love him and that I could move on but I can't . I don't know how to stop feeling like this I wish I didn't as its eating me away and I m starting to feel ill. I have degraded myself begging him to come home all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through the internet one day, I came across a website that suggested that Dr Frank Ojo can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he did a spell for me. tow days later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my family are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Frank Ojo . If you need a spell caster that can cast a spell that truly works, I suggest you contact him. He will not disappoint you. if you have any problem contact him, I give you 100% guarantee that he will help you, This is his details, E-mail: Templeofloveandprosperity@gmail.com , Web site: http://lovespell2.yolasite.com . Mobile number +2348072370762. Thank you all for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow...Beautiful blog and images as well.. Thanks for this amazing blog Jay. Keep sharing!!

    ReplyDelete