Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: Our First Look

Doing a first look before our ceremony was really important to me. I loved everything about it, and I thought Keith would love it too. I thought he'd be thrilled that when we first saw each other it wouldn't be with 150 people watching us. I was shocked when he really didn't like the idea! After a lot of debate we finally decided to do a first look but to do it really privately, with no photos of the actual first look. I still don't understand how having a photographer there for our first look was more pressure than having 150 people there, but it doesn't matter. I'm perfectly happy with how it turned out, and I'm really shocked at how many people suggested I lie to Keith and tell him the photographer wouldn't take pictures but then tell her to take them anyway.

Great marriage advice, people.

We ended up only having about 10 seconds of "just us" before the pictures started, and to be honest, once he and I saw each other I had no clue what else was going on. There were literally people 20 feet away from us setting things up and staring and I didn't even notice them. A month and a half ago I would have groaned and rolled my eyes at myself saying nothing else existed in that moment, but it's true. Once we saw each other on our wedding day, nothing else existed.

It sounds all romantic and stuff but believe me, after how crazy the morning had been, I think everybody was just glad I wasn't crying or freaking out anymore.

Right before I walked out of the bridal room, I was like, "SOMEBODY NEEDS TO CARRY MY TRAIN SO IT DOESN'T GET DIRTY OMG WHO'S GOING TO CARRY MY TRAIN" and my older sister was like, "ON IT!"



Walking up to Keith with his back to me was the most excited I have ever been in my life... including when I found out that Betty Crocker started making rainbow chip frosting again.


It was a first look for both of us because Keith hadn't let me see his suit or his tie before hand. I had no idea if his outfit was going to "go" with our theme and with the other guys' tuxes, so I was nervous. But I didn't need to be because guys, he looks GOOD.









If you think I was getting all choked up and emotional, you're wrong. I was laughing so hard my eyes were tearing up. Why? Because on his lapel he had pinned World Series pins from the Giants' last three World Series wins. He's lucky I have a sense of humor because if I didn't this probably wouldn't have flown. But it was funny.

 

 



I love these next few photos of him primping.
Seriously, love,





 

I met our photographer, Kristina, about 7 years ago when we both worked at Disneyland. She asked me if I wanted to be a cliche and take a princess photo and I was like "ABSOLUTELY I DO."





 When he looks at me sometimes I melt. It's gross but true.


































And that's all from our first look. Sorry I didn't give you very many pictures to look at. I'm the worst.

31 comments:

  1. Raise your hand if you just started crying at 8:45 am on a Wednesday morning at your desk at work... thanks a lot Juliette.... GOSH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so torn about the first look thing! Your photos are beautiful though and the fact he wore those pins is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO gorgeous. You look absolutely perfect. The giants pins on his lapel! Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really enjoying reading all your wedding and honeymoon posts! Keep them coming (with lots of pictures, please)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE!!! You two are such a gorgeous couple! You look flawless!

    I'm glad you said what those pins were. I saw them in a pic you posted earlier and I wasn't sure if they were military or some family heirloom LOL!!

    I'm so excited about rainbow chip! Like Jessie Spano excited! haha! Except I haven't found it anywhere around me so I'm still totally bummed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful :) Love these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait so you did a first look but didn't take pictures so these pictures are from after the ceremony? Did I know this already? I LOVE the veil pictures, I mean you're a princess in all of them but I'm partial to the ones with the veil. LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously SO GORGEOUS!!! These pictures are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look like pictures from a magazine! Sooo gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are the beautifulest. Like, ever. I'm obsessed with these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY GOD THESE PICTURES ARE SO GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous!! Love all the pics and love how happy y'all look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just perfect and gorgeous!! I love how happy and silly you guys are :) Our first look was my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't even deal with how happy and cute and perfect all of these pictures are. I'm so happy for both of you! I totally want a first look.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You two make such a beautiful couple! And the lapel pins are so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these pics!!! But my fav is the one with the pins!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I cannot with how beautiful you looked!! These pictures truly capture your guys' love for each other. The princess pose is everything, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, these are absolutely stunning! You two look so happy together, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many stunning photos! It looks like you guys really had the perfect day! The pins are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My husband have return back to me after a divorce with the help of Mallam Zack, My name is Michele Owen, i am from London,Uk. I'm happily married to a lovely and caring husband with two kids. A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my husband .so terrible that he took the case to court for a divorce.he said that he never wanted to stay with me again,and that he didn't love me anymore.So he packed out of the house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get him back,after much begging,but all to no avail.and he confirmed it that he has made his decision,and he never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my husband .So i explained every thing to him,so he told me that the only way i can get my husband back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for him too.So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow his advice. Then he gave me the email address of the spell caster whom he visited.{nwalutaspelltemple@gmail.com}. So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address he gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my husband back the next day.What an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my husband who didn't call me for the past 9 months,gave me a call to inform me that he was coming back.So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster. So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website { http://nwalutaspelltemple.yolasite.com } if you have any problem contact Chief Nwaluta Mallam Zack ,{ Nwalutaspelltemple@gmail.com } website : http://chiefnwalutamallamzack.yolasite.com , Thanks you Chief Nwaluta, i will always be testifying about your good work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The photo of him carrying your train?! All the feels!

    ReplyDelete
  22. YOU ARE THE PRETTIEST PRINCESS I HAVE EVER SEEN.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everything about this makes me happy. Your dress is amazing. I love the red window in the background. Just everything. You were such a princess.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These photos are seriously so absolutely gorgeous! You look absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't even. I just can't even. These pictures are so beautiful Juliette!! Wow!! So gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The style that you write make it truly Creme Del Mar simple to read. And the theme you use, wow. It really is a really Not as well many people would in fact think about this the way you just did. Im truly impressed that theres so significantly about this subject thats been uncovered and you did it so properly, with so a lot class. Good 1 you, man! Truly great stuff right here. For more ==== >>>>>> http://www.healthsupreviews.com/creme-del-mar/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lifting weights can help you build endurance to run.Black Diamond Force Runners don't typically think of weight training as a way to improve their running, but they should! Research shows that runners who regularly strength-train run faster and longer without feeling tired by creating a regular schedule of lifting weights.



    http://www.tophealthresource.com/black-diamond-force/

    ReplyDelete