Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Honeymoon part 1

You know how sometimes you have so much to do that it's incredibly overwhelming and you don't even know how to get organized so you kind of just want to throw everything you have to do in a dark closet and pretend like it doesn't exist? That's how I feel about several things right now. Things like:

-wedding posts
-honeymoon posts
-cleaning our house
-thank you cards
-organizing everything in my life

But the easiest way to get things done is to just buckle down and do them, right? And the best way to procrastinate doing things is by doing something else, right? So, instead of cleaning the bathroom or working on our thank you cards I'm bringing you something you've probably been highly anticipating for nearly a month:

POST ONE OF 647 OF OUR HONEYMOON
You're welcome.

Here's the truth: wedding planning is exhausting. It seemed like the week and a half before the wedding we hardly slept because of all the hot gluing, the song choosing, the vendor conversations, the family conversations, etc etc and so on and so forth. I was really looking forward to the wedding being over so I could just sleep. We had a 10 hour plane right the day after the wedding so I figured I'd have zero trouble sleeping the entire way through and everything would be perfect and I'd wake up in Athens refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready to frolic all over Greece.

As so often happens, life just laughed at me and then punched me in the face.

First of all, I was terrified. Pro tip: If you haven't flown in 10 years and you know you're going to be on like 9 different planes in a few weeks do not start watching Lost. It will terrify you and this is what you will look like right before takeoff.


 I felt kind of bad for Keith because during the takeoff and seriously any time there was even the slightest bit of turbulence I dug my fingers into his hand/arm/thigh/shoulder because I was terrified that we were going down. But I tried to get all excited for the camera and you can hardly see the bags under our eyes or the tired in our eyes so POINTS FOR US.


Did you know that on international flights you get free wine? And not just a tiny bit like the amount of soda you get, but an actual little bottle. The entire thing. And they will give you another one later if you ask for it and you can drink it and watch crappy movies like The Age of Adaline and the wine helps you not regret the poor movie choice you made. The wine excitement dos not, however, take away from how incredibly exhausted you look. But I think the cute bottle distracts from the bags a little. Maybe.


Over the course of our trip we took almost 200 pictures from the airplane window and would you like to see them all? Ok fine HERE YOU GO.
JK I only showed you 48. But you just got to see a bird's eye view of Asia and Europe so I bet you feel pretty cultured right about now. Somewhere in those pictures is the Eiffel Tower. We actually saw the Eiffel Tower with our very own eyes (through a haze of French smog) and it was pretty exciting.

After like 15 hours of traveling on planes and buses and subways and our feet, we arrived at our Grecian hotel! Do you know what Europeans don't believe in? Beds that are bigger than twins. We walked into our room where we had to insert our room key into the wall in order for the lights to work, and were greeted by two rock hard twin beds pushed together to make this romantic sight.

The good news was that we were so exhausted that the bed situation didn't bother us at all, and really, it wasn't that bad. Just pretty amusing.


Our hotel gave us complimentary Turkish delight that tasted like soap. Have you ever had Turkish delight? It tastes like soap but it's really pretty and also it was free.


Instead of going right to sleep we washed the dirt of travel off of us and headed out to find some gyros. I had basically been starving myself for a month so I'd fit into my wedding dress and even though it was like 8 at night and we were exhausted we went out to find food. #NORAGRETS


The hotel concierge told us about this place he called, "Am-bro-SEE-yah, you know, like the salad that old people make," and it was one of our favorite places we ate during our whole trip. We were starving and my husband said to me, "a gyro is small, like the size of a small taco," so we ordered 5 of them. Plus a giant Greek salad. Plus pita bread. Everybody looked at us like, "You typical AMERICANS, ordering a billion pounds of food!"

Gyros are NOT as small as a small taco. I could hardly finish ONE.

The picture on the left is all our food after we ate it, and the picture on the right is all of our food once we couldn't eat any more. IT LOOKS LIKE THE SAME AMOUNT OF FOOD. But it was delicious and, like I said, #noragrets.

After that we just took a little jaunt up to the Acropolis and HOLY BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING.


We sat at the base of the Propylaea and listened to some guy giving a concert at the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, and I can't explain how amazing it was. I've never been somewhere that is so old and amazing, and it was pretty overwhelming. We just walked around the Acropolis for a while (the outside of it because we couldn't actually go in and see the Parthenon or anything until the next day) and I just kept squealing, "THIS IS SO COOL!" because hello, it WAS.

Then we went back to the hotel and passed out and the next day we saw amazing things in the daylight but that's another post but here's a picture of what's to come:


15 comments:

  1. I cant wait to see more pictures!!! Your adventures always sound so fun. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOOOO unspeakably jealous of your honeymoon. Everything is perfect. MORE PICTURES PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need more pictures!!!! By the way, thanks for not having a LOST-esque honeymoon because I would have been REALLY sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a tease!! Can't wait to see more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your posts! And so jealous that you guys went to Greece. It's my dream destination! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to Greece in 2008 and we did the same thing! We got in late, dropped off our stuff, and ran out for food and a late-night view of the Acropolis . I'm pretty sure I also just walked around squealing "it's so cool!" I can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MORE PICTURES PLEASE!

    Keith, Gyros are NOT small tacos - HA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAAAAS you posted the plane pictures. I'm so happy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The plane pictures could not be prettier!! Sooo fun :)) Congrats on the wedding and more importantly the marriage (!!!)
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are planning a trip to Greece next April so I can't wait to read all your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot wait to read all of your posts!!! <3 I've never been to Turkey so I'm super interested.
    Also, why are you so pretty? It really is quite unfair.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so awesome! I'm sorry you were scared of the plane, but I'm glad you made it safely and didn't land on an island in the middle of the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How amazing! I'm sorry the plane was a bit rough, but at least you had some wine to help you through :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband have return back to me after a divorce with the help of Mallam Zack, My name is Michele Owen, i am from London,Uk. I'm happily married to a lovely and caring husband with two kids. A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my husband .so terrible that he took the case to court for a divorce.he said that he never wanted to stay with me again,and that he didn't love me anymore.So he packed out of the house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get him back,after much begging,but all to no avail.and he confirmed it that he has made his decision,and he never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my husband .So i explained every thing to him,so he told me that the only way i can get my husband back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for him too.So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow his advice. Then he gave me the email address of the spell caster whom he visited.{nwalutaspelltemple@gmail.com}. So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address he gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my husband back the next day.What an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my husband who didn't call me for the past 9 months,gave me a call to inform me that he was coming back.So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster. So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website { http://nwalutaspelltemple.yolasite.com } if you have any problem contact Chief Nwaluta Mallam Zack ,{ Nwalutaspelltemple@gmail.com } website : http://chiefnwalutamallamzack.yolasite.com , Thanks you Chief Nwaluta, i will always be testifying about your good work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg AMAZING.
    i'm BEYOND jealous!

    ReplyDelete