Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The Bachelorette

I kept saying I didn't want a bachelorette party. I felt bad about asking all the girls to travel somewhere and give up another weekend and spend more money and I just kept saying, "it's fine I'm fine I don't need or want a party." They planned one anyway, and it happened this past weekend and now you get to read all about it. 

We all met in Santa Barbara and when I wasn't in traffic I was pretty excited:


Don't worry, I was at a standstill on the freeway when I snapped this picture. It was one of like 47 times traffic was so clogged that n o  o n e was moving and there's really only one way to entertain yourself in that kind of situation and it's staring you in the face.

Lisa, Cortney, and I all met in SB to do some shopping before dinner. If you haven't ever been to Santa Barbara, well, there's shopping and food and shopping and probably other stuff but I usually  just stick to the shopping and food.

And photo ops. Obvi.


I was searching for something to wear to the rehearsal THIS FRIDAY and also for some long and stretchy denim shorts for the honeymoon, but none of the stores were helpful. However, I did succeed in finding a snake.

A snake. A boa constrictor. Which I first referred to as a "restricter" because sometimes words are hard. The snake was some kind of Columbian ball python, I think, and my two lovely friends forced me to put it around my neck.

They're so great.


Me:
"So, you want me to put a snake WHO KILLS ITS PREY BY STRANGLING THEM TO DEATH around my neck and just let it chill?"

Snake guy:
"Well, actually what the snakes do is they attack and bite their prey and then pull it toward them and THEN they strangle it."

Me:
"So.... Basically I'm just doing half the work for him."

Snake guy:
"Here, hold the snake."

....it went well.


He told me to relax and I did my best.


And then I felt like Voldemort, basically.

Then, we went to this Mexican restaurant for dinner and YOU GUYS I ate a burrito. I haven't eaten anything like a burrito since AUGUST and my taste buds were like "THIS IS MAJESTIC PLEASE ALWAYS FEED US BURRITOS." and I was like "OK HERE'S SOME MORE BURRITO AND LET'S JUST ADD A DOLLOP OF GUACAMOLE WHILE WE'RE AT IT."

If I had been thinking I would have taken a picture of my burrito because you guys, it was a really really really good burrito. 

Or maybe I'm just hungry. But I'm pretty sure it was just a really majestic burrito.

My two sisters and my sister-in-law were also there and here is a picture for your viewing pleasure. 


AND THERE WAS CAKE AND I ATE THAT TOO.

It was everything I've been dreaming of for the past 3 weeks. And everybody in the restaurant kept telling me "Happy Birthday!" which was very nice but also WRONG. But their intent was good. 



After the cake we left the restaurant and headed down to a hotel in Carpinteria and I opened some very special gifts that I am not planning to discuss on the internet. Just use your imagination. Lisa and Cortney had to leave after the gifts and then my younger sister declared that we were going on a mission to find alcohol.

We're totally related.

First we went to this sports pub thing that was filled with people in their 50s and 60s who were watching sports and playing pool and I felt extremely out of place in my heels and flashing sash. So then we drove around and looked for a liquor store and after like, 20 minutes we finally found one. It had a meat section which just looked like it was begging for me to take a photo in front of it.



The guy who worked there kept asking if it was my birthday, and my sister-in-law Amy kept saying, "B A C H E L O R E T T E  P A R T Y" but he didn't understand. How do I know this? Because he asked me how old I am and when I said, "27," he got all confused and then handed me three free mini bottles of alcohol.

Beggars can't be choosers!

Angenette decided we needed to take shots and I decided we needed to pour vodka in the champagne and at first everything was super normal.


...but then things got weird.



We ended up just staying up talking until after 1am and it was seriously so much fun. Yes, it got weird but you don't get to hear about how weird our conversations were. Sorry but some things get to stay private.

The next morning we all had to leave but first we went to this little diner called The Working Bee and their food looked SO GOOD but I had to go back on my diet of sadness and depression so I just watched everyone else eat their scrambles and breakfast burritos and I only drooled a little bit.


And that's how you have an awesome bachelorette party.

THE WEDDING IS IN 4 DAYS.

16 comments:

  1. Haha definitely seems like a good time. My recently moved far away from friends and family (as in 800 miles away) so whether I want one or not pretty sure my chances are slim so I'll live vicariously through yours for awhile lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I can't believe you touched a snake!! One time in elementary school I was in the middle seat of a truck with my dad and his friend and my dad got out to get something and this guy came to the window with a huge albino snake (we were at a fair, I should probably mention that) and the friend had the guy lean across me with the snake whose body was as big around as my waist so he could see the snake closer. I am still traumatized, obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FIrst- you are so skinny mini! Like I can see your collar bone skinny. Dang gina! And I'm jealous. But not jealous enough to starve myself to achieve that.

    Second- Yay! So glad they had you a bachelorette party! You definitely deserved one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post reminded me of how miserable the next 12 months are going to be. I'm the worst at dieting. I'm guaranteed to be a Type A Bridezilla. Pretty sure the only thing worst than that is a hangry bridezilla. My poor fiance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hey, see you on SATURDAY. Like in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! You're almost married and then you can eat real food again!

    That sounds like a fantastic party!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bachelorette parties are the best especially the conversations that somehow large groups of women always end up having (you know what I mean) and also you are looking so hawt and I just know you are going to be a beautiful bride and maybe I'm a little emotional but I am kind of sad because this is making me want to relive my wedding and the weeks leading up to it because there was seriously so much excitement and anticipation and I know you're feeling those things to and I am just so happy for you! I think I'm done rambling now! Happy wedding week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bachelorette parties are the best especially the conversations that somehow large groups of women always end up having (you know what I mean) and also you are looking so hawt and I just know you are going to be a beautiful bride and maybe I'm a little emotional but I am kind of sad because this is making me want to relive my wedding and the weeks leading up to it because there was seriously so much excitement and anticipation and I know you're feeling those things to and I am just so happy for you! I think I'm done rambling now! Happy wedding week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, you look GORGEOUS! And that snake - nooooo thank you. You're going to be such a beautiful bride and I'm so excited for you that it's almost here! Try to relax if at all possible, which is so hypocritical of me to say because I know if tables were turned I'd be freaking the eff out. :)

    ReplyDelete

  10. Hello Every one that read my testimony i know that this are websites for comments and i don't want to abusive here or may be you think am here to make advert i just want to share this life experience with you all most of you might not believe in spell casting or think it evil which is never so that was what i also think at the first stage but when i get close to it i knew it never evil or bad even in the Bible there were spell caster who served God and also performs Miracle. just give it a little step of faith and things will change back for you. I really want to thank Dr Aluta for saving my marriage. My husband really treat me bad and left the home for almost 1 month, i was sick because of this and not my self any more so i told my friend about my husband situation then she told me to contact Dr Aluta a spell caster that he will help me bring back my husband then, i contacted him he told me that my husband is under a great spell of another woman. They cast a spell of return back of love on him, And he came back home for good and today we are happy family again. SHe helped me bring back my husband and i will want the world to contact him if you need any help here.(1) If you want your ex or divorce partner back.(2) if you always have bad dreams.(3) You want to be promoted in your office.(5) If you want a child spell or any disease you want it to get cured. you an reach him on his email traditionalspellhospital@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like an awesome bachelorette party to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like such a fun time (minus the snake - ahhhhh)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this looks amazing! I had my bach in SB as well. The perfect city!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds perfect!!!! I always wanted a little getaway for my bachelorette weekend but it just wasn't possible. Probably because we tried to involve like 20 people. I think it works better with a small core group. And I looooove snakes if they're pets. Non-pets, like the one that was on my patio looking in my house, I wish a painful death upon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My husband have return back to me after a divorce with the help of Mallam Zack, My name is Michele Owen, i am from London,UK. I'm happily married to a lovely and caring husband with two kids. A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my husband .so terrible that he took the case to court for a divorce.he said that he never wanted to stay with me again,and that he didn't love me anymore.So he packed out of the house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get him back,after much begging,but all to no avail.and he confirmed it that he has made his decision,and he never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my husband .So i explained every thing to him,so he told me that the only way i can get my husband back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for him too.So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow his advice. Then he gave me the email address of the spell caster whom he visited.{nwalutaspelltemple@gmail.com}. So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address he gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my husband back the next day.What an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my husband who didn't call me for the past 9 months,gave me a call to inform me that he was coming back.So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster. So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website { http://nwalutaspelltemple.yolasite.com } if you have any problem contact Chief Nwaluta Mallam Zack ,{ Nwalutaspelltemple@gmail.com } website : http://chiefnwalutamallamzack.yolasite.com , Thanks you Chief Nwaluta, i will always be testifying about your good work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sounds so fun! You didn’t want bachelorette party but still your friends hosted one for you. They are so sweet!! I loved all the activities that you did in your party. My best friend is also going to host a grand bachelorette party for me at my favorite event space NYC. I am so excited!!

    ReplyDelete