Usually I don't like posting after 8am PST, but today I'm making an exception because I can. Helene is doing a linkup of "things you probably don't know about me" and I want to join the sheeples who are doing this. BECAUSE IT'S FUN.
1. I hate feet. I hate my feet and I hate the feet of other people, but if you happen to have nice looking feet I'll make sure to compliment you on them. In high school I had a huge crush on this guy but after I saw his feet I couldn't stand to be around him. His toes had like, 3 knuckles on each of them!! (Are toe knuckles a thing?)
2. Opening gifts in front of people makes me really really nervous. I can never seem to find the right balance of showing enthusiasm and gratitude and acting like I'm trying really hard to make it seem like I like the gift. But unless it's a box of feet, my enthusiasm is genuine.
3. I'm a cuticle picker. I can pick at my cuticles all day. Sometimes they bleed but I keep picking. I read somewhere that skin pickers are perfectionists, but whoever did that study was clearly wrong, because I'm not a perfectionist in the least.
4. I went to a college where everyone had to sign a contract promising that during the school year we wouldn't drink alcohol, smoke cigarette, do drugs, or wear tube tops on campus.
5. I've always wanted to have a daughter named Charlotte, but I feel like Kate and Wills ruined that for me because now if I do it everyone will think I'm copying them.
6. I've never broken a bone or been stung by a bee.
7. Candy has always been really important to me, and when I was younger I'd tell my mom I needed to go to Rite Aid to "get some deodorant" but then I'd come out with a bag full of candy and eat it all while I read my 17 books from the library. One time when we were getting new carpet the carpet guys had to take the mattresses off of my sister's and my bunk beds and there were like, a trillion Smarties wrappers that I'd stuffed in between the mattress and the bed. My mom was mortified.
8. Growing up my mom would punish me by not letting me go to the library.
9. In college I struggled with anxiety and depression (it's college, who doesn't?) which resulted in medication. The psychiatrist I met with gave me a prescription after speaking with me for about 10 minutes, and I think that's pretty common these days, and I don't support that. Counseling? yes. Immediate medication? No.
10. I've never been out of the country. Not even to Mexico.
11. The smell of syrup grosses me out. It's delicious, obviously, but when I smell it I just think of sticky little kids.
12. My earliest memory is of my dad pushing me in a shopping cart through the grocery store while we picked out baby food for my younger sister.
13. I never take the first item off the shelf. I prefer the 2nd or 4th.
14. I'm obsessed with Dr. Pimple Popper. It's pretty self-explanatory what it is, so if you don't like watching pimples get popped, don't click the link. I know I'm not the only gross person who like this crap because she has 178k followers on Instagram.
15. I used to make myself faint for fun.
16. The middle of my back is annoyingly ticklish. When people rub my back in that spot I spaz out because it tickles so much.