Thursday, June 18, 2015

You probably don't know...


Usually I don't like posting after 8am PST, but today I'm making an exception because I can. Helene is doing a linkup of "things you probably don't know about me" and I want to join the sheeples who are doing this. BECAUSE IT'S FUN.

1. I hate feet. I hate my feet and I hate the feet of other people, but if you happen to have nice looking feet I'll make sure to compliment you on them. In high school I had a huge crush on this guy but after I saw his feet I couldn't stand to be around him. His toes had like, 3 knuckles on each of them!! (Are toe knuckles a thing?)

2. Opening gifts in front of people makes me really really nervous. I can never seem to find the right balance of showing enthusiasm and gratitude and acting like I'm trying really hard to make it seem like I like the gift. But unless it's a box of feet, my enthusiasm is genuine.

3. I'm a cuticle picker. I can pick at my cuticles all day. Sometimes they bleed but I keep picking. I read somewhere that skin pickers are perfectionists, but whoever did that study was clearly wrong, because I'm not a perfectionist in the least.

4. I went to a college where everyone had to sign a contract promising that during the school year we wouldn't drink alcohol, smoke cigarette, do drugs, or wear tube tops on campus.

5. I've always wanted to have a daughter named Charlotte, but I feel like Kate and Wills ruined that for me because now if I do it everyone will think I'm copying them.

6. I've never broken a bone or been stung by a bee.

7. Candy has always been really important to me, and when I was younger I'd tell my mom I needed to go to Rite Aid to "get some deodorant" but then I'd come out with a bag full of candy and eat it all while I read my 17 books from the library. One time when we were getting new carpet the carpet guys had to take the mattresses off of my sister's and my bunk beds and there were like, a trillion Smarties wrappers that I'd stuffed in between the mattress and the bed. My mom was mortified.

8. Growing up my mom would punish me by not letting me go to the library.

9. In college I struggled with anxiety and depression (it's college, who doesn't?) which resulted in medication. The psychiatrist I met with gave me a prescription after speaking with me for about 10 minutes, and I think that's pretty common these days, and I don't support that. Counseling? yes. Immediate medication? No.

10. I've never been out of the country. Not even to Mexico.

11. The smell of syrup grosses me out. It's delicious, obviously, but when I smell it I just think of sticky little kids.

12. My earliest memory is of my dad pushing me in a shopping cart through the grocery store while we picked out baby food for my younger sister.

13. I never take the first item off the shelf. I prefer the 2nd or 4th. 

14. I'm obsessed with Dr. Pimple Popper. It's pretty self-explanatory what it is, so if you don't like watching pimples get popped, don't click the link. I know I'm not the only gross person who like this crap because she has 178k followers on Instagram.

15. I used to make myself faint for fun.

16. The middle of my back is annoyingly ticklish. When people rub my back in that spot I spaz out because it tickles so much.

Helene in Between

21 comments:

  1. Syrup smells gross, unless it's Canadian money. And no to medication. My doctor did the same thing to me. It lasted all of a month until I realized I had to actually pay for the prescription and I wasn't that sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two questions: What's fun about fainting? & Are you going somewhere out of the country for your honeymoon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never broken a bone or been stung either ::knock on wood:: And all feet gross me out, especially when I see girls without painted toes when they're out.

    Ok I'm curious... How do you make yourself faint?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on the feet thing! I absolutely hate feet unless it's babies feet and that I can handle because they are just so cute! It has been nice getting to know you more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I clicked on that link for the pimple popping videos and I almost vomited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you make yourself faint on purpose??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that your school considered wearing a tube top in the same league as doing drugs. And I feel the same way about the name Charlotte; thanks a lot Will and Kate for ruining that name for the rest of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. why did i click on dr pimple popper? help. that contract in college is intense. no tube tops? i'd die. (jokes). how do you go about making yourself faint?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I HATE opening presents in front of people. There is so much pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a weird ticklish spot on my lower back. It sucks because I always tense up or jump when it gets touched during a massage (whether by a professional or my husband). I'm like, "Isn't the point of a massage to relax? Now I'm feeling tense because I'm anticipating that it will be touched again!"

    Also, international travel is so much fun! (Well, I think traveling in general is awesome, but it's even more exciting to experience new cultures.) I wish I had more time and money to travel more often. Are you guys planning an international honeymoon?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just have to ask....how do you make yourself faint? I've never fainted in my life. I'm actually kind of scared about it happening especially in public. I feel like that would be totally embarrassing. That and puking in public. I've also never broken a bone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not going to click on that link... even though I'm veryyyy curious... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I get such a kick out of your posts. Also, my ex used to laugh at me because I NEVER EVER took the first thing on the shelf and always went for the one two or three back. I just felt like there was a better chance they weren't touched by gross humans.

    www.allisonarnone.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The bottom of my feet are like your back, so ticklish. But I also hate feet so there's that! I loved this list so much, I made my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha totally relate to #2,3,7, and 13! Hilarious about smarties; I can eat a whole bag of those by myself. Because it's smarties and they're clearly a superior candy. And why would you ever take the first item off the shelf? It's been tampered with. And I'm quite sure Kate and Will are not the only people to name their kid Charlotte since it's a common Brit name lol :P

    stop by and chat if you like :) http://storybookapothecary.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. wait, let's have a date and eat candy and gorge on library books. YES? YES YOU WANT TO?

    ReplyDelete
  17. YAY HOORAY FOR THIS POST. I hate opening presents in front of the giver, and I love both watching pimples being popped and popping them myself. You're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1,000,000% with you on the syrup-smelling-like-small-sticky-children thing. 1,000,000%.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wait, how do you make yourself faint?! I've never fainted in my life and don't even know how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL good luck with your bridal shower and acting like you're surprised over everything that YOU PICKED OUT.

    ReplyDelete