Wednesday, April 22, 2015

These TV shows just need to END

Guys, it's ok, this post isn't wedding related AT ALL. I swear. No, this post is aaaaaalllll about television so buckle your seatbelts. Or don't, because you probably don't need to. I don't speed.
When Parenthood ended I was devastated, like everybody else. After the finale ended I cried for over an hour. If you don't believe me you can ask Keith. I SOBBED. BUT. In addition to my devastation, I was really glad that the show ended before it had a chance to just get stupid and ridiculous like so many other shows out there. I feel like it saved some of the integrity of the show, and when I think about it I don't think, "Ugh, Parenthood. It was so good until  so-and-so happened and blah blah blah."
BRB, gotta grab the tissues.

Today I'd like to tell you about all the shows I still watch but mostly only out of obligation. Every new episode I watch I'm like, "Geez this show is stupid and it really needs to end I HATE IT." So read at your own risk because there will probably be spoilers for Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, Revenge, and whatever else I feel like talking about.
Scandal
I loved the first two seasons of Scandal. It was such a great show and whenever big bombshells were dropped (Mama and Papa Pope were both alive????) my mouth would fall open, I would audibly gasp, and then I'd scour the internet for any and all fan theories about what would happen next. I think I made it through the first two seasons in less than a week, and I ate popcorn and red wine for dinner multiple times just wishing I could be like Olivia Pope. 
But now? I feel like Shonda Rhimes is just pushing an agenda, especially with the The Lawn Chair episode. And it also really bugs me that she's having the conservative Republican president basically be a horrible person who cheats on his wife and starts wars to save his mistress. Am I reading too much into it? I really don't think so. Also, Papa Pope's monologues are getting to be too much and Liv's outfits aren't impressing me anymore. 
*yawn* 
However, drunk and depressed Mellie may have been the best thing to happen to Scandal like, ever. Also, I still covet Liv's wine glasses though. OMG I just realized I can totally put them on my registry!!!! (Sorry for the accidental wedding talk.)
Grey's Anatomy
It would honestly shock me if there's anyone out there who still looks forward to this show. If you're out there, show yourself! In my opinion Grey's should have ended prior to the plane crash, and Mark and Lexie never should have died. They should have finally figured their sh*t out and lived happily ever after like they deserved. Maybe I still get choked up about that, I'll never tell. Maybe I'm choked up just typing this. 
I'm so sick of all the Meredith/Derek drama, Seriously, Meredith is a whiny little baby and I know she says she's all "dark and twisty" but at some point you just have to overcome it, MER. Especially if you're planning on raising two babies. Stop with the drama and just live happily ever after with McDreamy and your babies, and stop whining.
And Alex and Jo, can you please just get married already???
And everybody else can just leave, except for Amelia because I love her hair more than anything else on the show.
I'M EXHAUSTED TOO, MEREDITH, BECAUSE YOU SUCK.
Revenge
Now, I've never been a fan of soap operas (except for a 3 month period in high school when I was obsessed with General Hospital), but Revenge seems more ridiculous than all soap operas (english and spanish combined), and I only watch it now out of habit. I started watching this show right after I finished with Scandal, and my feelings about it are really similar: it sucks. BUT, my mind was totally blown the other day when I found out that Charlotte is the same person who played young Jennifer Garner in 13 Going on 30, but other than that I just hate it. It's too convenient that Nolan can do basically anything with his magic computer, and did you know he's over 40 and he was the guy in Josie and the Pussycats???
ANYWAY,  David Clark might just be the worst character ever (his raspy strained voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard) and I feel lno connection to him whatsoever and if he died (for real, not a fake death like before), I wouldn't be sad. Emily/Amanda's non existent top lip really bothers me, and Victoria's man hands distract me from the "plot" ALL THE TIME. And Victoria, enough with the bandage dresses.
Ok, now you all know how petty, shallow, and catty I can be, so tell me if you agree with anything. OR tell me if there are any shows I didn't mention that I should have. OR tell me if there are any shows that don't suck that I should watch because I'm always open to suggestions.
Honorable mentions: Gotham, because Ben Mackenzie is trying too hard and most of the characters are really annoying; The Big Bang Theory because even though it still cracks me up it's really just recycled material; Once Upon a Time, which I'm not invested enough to write about but I don't enjoy it anymore; and Nashville just because I miss Juliette Barnes from the first few seasons.

25 comments:

  1. Grey's Anatomy! Completely! I stopped watching seasons ago and I honestly don't know how it's still on the air. As soon as Izzy started having sex with a ghost (I know now it was her brain tumor) I had to go. It's just gotten crazier since then. I'm surprised there's still a few of the original characters left alive. Although, judging by the most recent commercial things don't look so hot for McDreamy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I've been saying the same thing for years about Grey's!!!! I use to love Grey's, but now I just watch out of feeling of obligation like finishing what I started. I think it started gettig super crazy years ago! Ugh just end!! I can take or leave Big Bang, but totally disagree with Nashville. Sorry, still love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olivia's wine glasses were one of the first things that I added to my wedding registry!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I'll be that person. I still am into Grey's. Not in the....I have to watch it every Thursday night kinda way with a bunch of friends and wine....but in the....I DVR it and usually watch it Saturday morning because I'd still like to know what's going to happen to all the people at Seattle Grace...I mean Seattle Grace/Mercy West...oh wait they changed the name again Grey/Sloan Memorial Hospital. I do have to admit though that I too am sick of Meredith. Like really sick. So I was nodding along as I read and agreeing. I'll still watch it though until it's completely off the air. Which I'm guessing will be next year. Also never watched Scandal OR Revenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Grey's Anatomy." I still watch it. I think mostly out of habit. I get the frustration with Meredith. She is whiny, but I think that also makes her realistic and easy to relate to. Also, please don't kick Dr. Jackson Avery out. I like looking at him every week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still watch Revenge and I really like it. Sometimes it goes a little crazy and there are things I'm not a huge fan of, but it's entertaining. I stopped watching Grey's after Izzy had sex with Denny after he died. That was WAY too weird for me. I also never really got into Scandal, so I'm probably the only person on the planet who never watched that show. I just couldn't get into it. I also stopped watching Once Upon A Time and Nashville too. Both sort of snoozed for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't watch any of these (oops!) but I'm gonna have to throw in Supernatural. I LOVE the show, but it has been on for SO long I feel like I'm just not as invested as I used to be, which makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've stopped watching all three of these shows (and Big Bang Theory too) because they all went to shit for me and I couldn't be bothered enough to waste my time continuing with them.
    It's sad when a show starts out amazing and then fades into recycled material, bad acting, and non-convincing plot lines.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still love Grey's and Scandal..... Like, love them. This season of Grey's has been wonderful for me. Mainly, because Shonda and her team are SO good at remembering their own history and writing. So, yeah, I'm that person, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. UH, I dont know if we can be friends anymore. Greys and Scandal are what get me through Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. SO good. Shonda Rimes, QUEEN OF ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I skipped your Grey's post because I actually just started watching Grey's, BUT I was shocked to realize it's still on the air. HOW?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Mom still watches Greys and loves it! I tried to watch it with her awhile ago and had no idea what was going on since I haven't watched in probably five years. Also Pretty Little Liars. Just reveal A for real and let's move on with our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't watch any of these. I honestly can't believe Greys is still showing though. I've just about given up on TV in general.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Revenge IS ending this season, so that's good.

    I never did get into Scandal because Kerry Washington kind of annoys me and also I could have seen that mom-and-dad-are-still-alive plot twist a mile away.

    I used to love Grey's, but stopped watching it the fifteenth or sixteenth time Meredith and Derek broke up. So around season 2.

    ReplyDelete
  15. After last night's Grey's, I'm done.
    Who am I kidding? I'll watch it until it finally rides off in to the sunset, or the entire hospital blows up. And I think we all know which one would make Shonda happier.
    This season's writing has been better than the last few but, to bring it back, last night's writing was ridiculous.

    Anyway, I agree with Big Bang Theory. Once Upon A Time needs something. It's getting very routine. Although, I'm loving Cruella.

    Martina
    www.asplashofmimosa.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't watch anything on this list except Scandal but my goddddddddddd, it has gotten so terrible. I breezed through the first few seasons on Netflix and was totally into it; but after the first one this year I was like...yeah, no. It's over the top, far fetched, ridiculous and over-acted. It's still on my DVR but I won't watch them and honestly need to just delete. Sad, though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel like this post was a premonition for the McDreamy 'situation' last night

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok, I'll admit I'm still into greys. That damn shonda rimes has really screwed with me and sucked me in even when the show took a turn for the worse. But I'll always love it! It seems like now they're just trying to hang on to something that is so dead and gone.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok, now I can't stop thinking about Victoria's MAN HANDS! Omg you're so right! Also, I was glad to get a glimpse of the old Juliette Barnes during her temper tantrum before she went into labor. "She would NOT choose to SHOOT someone on the day of my SHOWER!"

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello, my name is Brianna and I'm completely and utterly obsessed with Grey's Anatomy. Still. To this very day. Shonda Rhimes will probably be the death of me, though. *sigh* I just can't stop. But I'm totally with you on the Revenge train. It's got to GO! But then again, I've never been much for crazy soap opera, killing kinda drama either. So, to each their own?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't watch any of those you listed, except Parenthood and OMG I cried like a baby. Or worse. It was bad. I wish it would have gone on for a few more seasons but oh well.
    I'd add Pretty Little Liars to this list. I actually finally gave up. I had 19 episodes on my DVR when they said they were finally revealing A a few weeks ago. Only to see spoilers online that it was a letdown and we already knew A and whatnot. I immediately said, "I'm done" and deleted all those episodes. I'm over that show!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can definitely see where you are coming from on quite a few of those shows! I watched the first couple of seasons of Grey's Anatomy, but then I lost interest. I think an honorable mention for shows that need to end would be Pretty Little Liars. I am seriously getting so fed up with that show but I can't just quit. I've lasted so long ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  23. THE BLACKLIST. If you aren't watching this show I don't know what you are doing with your life. Also, reign. REIGN. so dramatic and stupid I can't look away. Both shows first seasons are on Netflix. And if you like period shows, the paradise is AMAZING. it is like downton abbey but BETTER.

    ReplyDelete