Thursday, December 18, 2014

2014 was cool... what about 2015?

About a year ago, somebody (Keith's aunt) asked me if I would ever want to get back together with him. I'm pretty sure I laughed at that.

"No! We haven't spoken in like, two years! Plus, if we did, I'd probably end up eventually moving down to where he lives and I never want to leave San Luis."

Ha. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

If you had told me a year ago that in 2014 I would have gotten back together with Keith, quit my job in San Luis and moved to the mountains, I would have told you you're crazy.

If you had told me a year ago that some of the friends I was so close to then wouldn't really be a part of my life right now, I would have rolled my eyes and muttered something like, "Yeah, right."

If you had told me a year ago that in 2014 I would win NaNoWriMo again, I would have gotten excited and asked you what I was going to write about, and then doubt you because writing 50,000 words in a month is hard.

I thought I had a pretty good idea of what would happen in 2014. I thought I would stay in San Luis and at some point get an apartment by myself, and I thought I would continue working at my job where I could watch Netflix and blog all day. I didn't give much thought to dating, because I didn't care if I had a boyfriend or not. And I especially never thought I'd be where I am now.

But I'm so glad I am...which leads me to the next part, the most exciting part:

The other night Amber and I were talking about all that had happened in 2014 and how we never could have predicted most things. Then we thought we would enjoy trying to predict 2015, and we're really generous so we're letting you join us! On Monday, December 29th, we're hosting a link-up for all of us to predict things we think will happen in our lives, in the country, in the world, whatever, in 2015. You can predict happy things, funny things, sad things... predict away! BE YOUR OWN ZOLTAR. (You know, the fortune guy. Amber shared a picture of him today.)

I wish I had written down more specific things last year so I could look back on them now, but oh well. You live and you learn or something. So, on 12/29 please join us and let us know what you think will happen next year! DECEMBER 29TH. REMEMBER THAT.

12 comments:

  1. It's a brilliant idea. I'll try to write one too x
    Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. If someone told you that you'd wear a scarf the size of a blanket in public would you believe it?
    If someone told you that you'd drive in the snow without crashing (yet) would you believe it?
    If someone told you that you're going to hike to potato chip rock next year would you believe it?
    If someone told you that you're like so pretty, tell me how to do curls like you would you believe it?

    K bye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooh I like this, I'm so joining

    ReplyDelete
  4. also, I'm pretty sure I told you a year ago, when you were with B, that you would get back together with keith... so BASICALLY, YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO ME.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny! Life has a funny way of making these things happen, especially when we least expect it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun link up idea!

    I'm with you. If anyone had told me a year ago that I'd be spending this holiday season completely in love with an awesome guy, I would have laughed in their face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh this sounds like so much fun! And seriously it's so fun to look back and think of all the changes from 2013 to 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE THIS. My mind is brimming with predictions already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun idea! Crazy how much one year can change so many things!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's an awesome idea! I'm in!!

    ReplyDelete