Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Oh, the guilt!

This is the month I move 300 miles away. You're definitely going to get sick of reading about it and I'm probably going to get sick of writing about it, but I'm still going to do it because I can't really think about anything else. I've been thinking about my move so much that I had forgotten that tonight I'm driving down to Keith's house to stay until Sunday. Tomorrow I'm going to traipse all over the mountain towns and barge into small business and say "HIRE ME PLZZZZZ" and that's my grand plan for finding a new job. Other than that he and I are going to catch up on The Blacklist, Revenge, Gotham, Jeopardy, and watch football and baseball. I'm mostly excited about baseball because MY DODGERS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS. SUCK IT. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high though because the same thing happened last year and I was basically in a deep depression for like two weeks after we lost to the stupid Cardinals (SHUT UP MELANIE) and I can't handle that kind of disappointment this year.
My move is public knowledge. I mean, I haven't posted an official announcement on Facebook, but that's largely because I restrict my Facebook activity to posting pictures of my niece. And also stalking everybody. Like, I'll click on the page of a friend from college and then see somebody who looks familiar so I'll click on her page, then I see her brother and I wonder if he knows my brother, so I get to his page, then before you know it I'm on the page of my grade school piano teacher's second cousin's husbands pet. It's creepy but I'll never stop.
Fun fact, sometimes Keith will tell me things from the four years that we were apart and I'll be like, "Oh yeah, I remember when you posted about that on Facebook." And then he gets weirded out and I'll be like, "I also remember when you made a status about eating beef stroganoff while watching The Walking Dead, and as I'm writing this I'm kind of amazed that I didn't creep him out of the relationship.
ANYWAY. So people know that I'm moving. People know why I'm moving. And people have been making me feel exceptionally guilty over it. I know they're not doing it on purpose and that they are genuinely happy for me, but that's how it's making me feel. Let's just explore some of this guilt, shall we?
-------------------------------------------------------------
Boss: Look at all of these e-mails from two years ago when I was looking for someone to hire.
Me: Wow, that's a lot.
Boss: I think I got about 400 applicants.
Me: ....whoa.
Boss: And I picked YOU. And now you're LEAVING and I have to go through this process AGAIN.
Co-worker: I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE LEAVING US FOR SOME GUY.
Me: [sobs into coffee cup which is filled with wine] [that's a joke] [maybe]
-------------------------------------------------------------
At lunch with my dad on Monday...
Dad: These Monday lunches have been so much fun.
Me: They really have. Especially when it's your turn to pay.
Dad: I'm going to miss them so much!
Me: Me too. [eyes begin to water]
Dad: It's just going to be me... going to Apple Farm or Sally Lou's or Bon Temps alone... sitting at the table reminiscing... without you... all alone....
Me: DAD STOP IT I'M GOING TO CRY INTO MY QUICHE.
-------------------------------------------------------------
At lunch with my mom, sister, and neice on Friday...
Mom: I'm going to miss these Friday lunches so much.
Sister: I can't believe you're leaving your niece.
Mom: Fridays will be so lonely.
Sister: Katelynne will miss you SO MUCH!
Me: OMG you guys knock it off, it's NOT THAT FAR AWAY.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Aunt: So when do you think your sister will have another baby?
Me: I don't know, maybe in a couple of years.
Aunt: I think it will be less than two years. Not that you'll be here to see it or anything...
Me: GOOD LORD PEOPLE, IT'S NOT LIKE I'M DYING OR DISOWNING YOU OR MOVING TO INDIA.
------------------------------------------------------------
Grandma (who will be 99 in January): Well, at least you'll be home for the holidays.
Me: Of course! I wouldn't miss them.
Grandma: I just hope I'm still alive by then...
----------------------------------------------------
So basically my world consists of conflicting emotions, job searching, and packing. It's super fun, guys. Oh also it consists of asking you to go to this post and click the links because two weeks from today is my last day at my job and I'm a little freaked out about that and the bigger my cushion is, the better. THANKS YOU ARE THE BEST.
I'll repay you in v-blogs from Keith and myself. And I'm sure his dogs will make several appearances. Love you mean it.

24 comments:

  1. All I have to say is... don't let the haters stop you from doin' your thang.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I am posting on this site on how a great Dr Brave help me bring back my wife ??

      Hello to every one out here, am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me three days ago, My name is Jeffrey Dowling,i live in Texas,USA.and I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.(bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website http://bravespellcaster.yolasite.com,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to “bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.{bravespellcaster@gmail.com} , Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Awww, but the good thing is, you'll always have family!!! Don't let them get you down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Grandma stop that nonsense.

    You just need more wine. Just drink until you don’t remember that you’re moving. Yes I DO have healthy coping mechanisms, thank you for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's terrible that everyone is making you feel guilty! I'm sure you're right when you say they don't mean to.. It could be worse. When I was little we lived in Hawaii (not the worse part) and allllllllllll of our family lived in Mississippi. Although if you ask my mother she'd probably trade family drama for a beach any day... reading this comment and realizing it was a total of 0% help.... going with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GRANDMA IS MY FAVORITE.

    Also, if you don't move i'll become desperate and cry all day every day so you can't dash all my dreams to bits now.

    (how's that for guilt?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha of course grandma has to make her own (terrifying) attempt at making you feel guilty ;) My advice: drink more coffee up wine. It'll help with...well, everything but packing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, love the grandma line. :D And I totally understand the guilt - my parents do that every time they talk to me and I haven't lived in the same state as them now for about three years. :/ lol, maybe they'll stop eventually???
    xox
    giedre

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummmmmm I love you from this post. I'm also a private investigator in my spare time (all of it I know). I prefer to call my stalking "investigating" or "research gathering". I told Mark he can pay me buy the hour to find things on all his clients.....Facebook tells all! Good luck with your move!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grandma guilt is the worst. I am sending you lots of good luck for the job hunt. Just remember up here you have to hound the ba-Jesus out of people when you apply. It shows determination and that you want it. That's semi small town life for you. I think you will be fine <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'd better vlog. And Facebook stalk me, too, because otherwise I'll feel left out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grandma's response was my favorite. Speaking of Jeopardy, I've gotten the final question right TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. words can't describe how much i love your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG I lol-ed at the grandma one. Definitely something my family would say! How is the Blacklist by the way??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your grandma!

    Your move will definitely be worth all of the haterz and the guilt trips.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol don't worry, I'm not really a trash talker ;) Lol but when I "I'm trying not to get my hopes up" I had a little chuckle because I know we knocked you out. But we play each other again in this first series!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahhaha I especially love the grandma one -- even though it's horrible and sad to think about. That's something my grandpa would tell me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I guess this is better than them just saying "Good riddance!". Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow your fam does a lot of lunching. Also quick question - is where you're moving ANY closer to Texas? Do some research and get back to me on that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Proud of you for making the move! Adventures are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know how stressful moving can be. I'm going through the process myself. Your family is too funny. You are right, you are not going that far away. Plus, you can keep up with them on Facebook. I'm the same way about Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You should post you ad Keith's love story!! I want to hear it and how you got back together and everything!! Do it do it do it do it

    ReplyDelete

  22. I am posting on this site on how a great Dr Brave help me bring back my wife ??

    Hello to every one out here, am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me three days ago, My name is Jeffrey Dowling,i live in Texas,USA.and I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.(bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website http://bravespellcaster.yolasite.com,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to “bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.{bravespellcaster@gmail.com} , Thanks.

    ReplyDelete