Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Hashtag dramatic

I cried at work yesterday, and not just because it was Monday.

I get to work at 7 and my boss doesn't usually show up until 9 at the earliest. I love having a couple of hours to myself in the morning to drink my coffee, be quiet, and look over my work load and set up a game plan for the day. On Sunday night I didn't sleep well at all so when my alarm went off at 6am I felt dead to the world and I knew I'd be a couple of minutes late to work but I knew it wouldn't be the end of the world. When I pulled in at about 7:07, I saw my boss's car and in my state of exhaustion and general overwhelmed-ness of everything happening this week, I groaned.

While my coffee was brewing I cut into my breakfast peach and realized that peach season is definitely over because this is at least the 5th peach I've cut into in the last month that has been mealy and disgusting and has made me want to vomit. So basically between being exhausted, my boss being at work earlier than normal, and having my breakfast hopes and dreams crushed by the mealy peach, I was not in a good mood.

My boss made the mistake of asking me how I was doing, and that's when the waterworks started. Through my blubbering I told my boss I was just crying because "it's the last week" and he took that to mean I was going to miss him SOOOOO much and that I was so sad to not be working for him. "It's ok!! I'll send you Christmas cards! You can call any time! I'm sure you'll come back and visit the office! I won't change my phone number!"

Am I a bad person because I let him believe that was why I was so sad? Maybe. I don't care.

Oh oh oh, THEN he sat down and started discussing Gone Girl with me. He kept talking about bits and pieces of the movie that just didn't seem realistic, so I gave him my most condescending look and replied, "You know it's just a MOVIE, right? Those people are ACTORS. None of it was REAL. They were reading from a SCRIPT. IT. WAS. FAKE." If I had been sitting closer to him I would have patted his head. Luckily for me my boss has a pretty good sense of humor and he just laughed at my condescending tone.

That's all I have for you today unless you'd like to see some pictures of my niece that I already posted to Instagram but I'm posting here too because I'm a woman of abundance or something.



15 comments:

  1. Even though you weren't crying over your boss, it's nice that he was so sensitive to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when you are dramatic. Almost as much as I love Baby Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emotional overload. It'll get ya. I probably would have cried too. Hope today's better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, but your niece is adorable, so I'm not mad at all. So cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a secret. I helped my old boss (the nice one) with something the other day and my replacement was there and I was no longer in charge and it was just kinda sad to me. Okay. I cried. And I know you weren't crying because you were going to miss him or anything, but it totally could happen soon. Also. Baby Kate is the best. Keep on posting pictures. Multiple times, I don't care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in hysterics, but the laughing kind, because of so many things but mostly because I know deep down you are going to hurt over how much you miss bossman and it'll be so difficult to move on at any other work place because it won't have him to encourage you and raise you up in professional wisdumb.

    Or maybe I'm just laughing because being dramatic is my cup of joe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It makes you a good person for letting Ralph think you were emotional over leaving him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emotional overload can happen to anyone. It's nice of you to let your boss think you were upset because you were leaving the office and wouldn't get to see him anymore. Baby Kate is always adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that last pictures is adorrrrrable!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

  10. I want to testify that my wife is back after a Divorce !!!

    Hello to every one out here, am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me three days ago, My name is Jeffrey Dowling,i live in Texas,USA.and I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.(bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website http://bravespellcaster.yolasite.com,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to “bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.{bravespellcaster@gmail.com} , Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, well - sometimes it's better to just let all the emotions come out in one BIG swoop, you know/? Also: CUTEST NIECE EVER!
    xox
    giedre

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your boss sounds 100x times better than other bosses.
    Your niece is SOCUTEOMG!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh honey, I have to laugh because you put this day in such a hilarious way, but I know how that domino effect is of shit, especially when you are already so tired. I hope the week has gotten better!!!

    ReplyDelete