Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Fall outfits with Sarah Christine!

I'm Sarah Christine, and although I normally blog over at SarahChristineStyle, today I'm excited to be over here on Juliette's blog. SarahChristineStyle is a life and style blog about my journey to becoming my best version and inspiring others to become theirs along the way. I think that becoming our best version is a lot about the inner journey, for me that includes learning to live with anxiety, finding my passions, getting healthy, and chasing my dreams, but I think it is also about the outer appearance as well. I love playing around with fashion and beauty because at the end of the day it is a great way to express our inner selves to those around us. One of my favorite things about fashion is that we all have our own style and when we are really true to ourselves we can all try out the same trends and make them completely different and individual. Today Juliette and I are playing around with that idea a little bit, we chose 3 great Fall trends/styles and each styled them in our own way.

Flannel

I love a great flannel for Fall, maybe it is the Pacific North-Westerner in me but either way I can't get enough. Whether you are tying it around your waist (hello 90s!) or buttoning it up, I personally believe you can't go wrong with a good flannel for Fall. I went to a few fashion shows in the past couple of weeks in plaid and square prints were all over the runway, so again flannels generally fit perfectly into that trend as well.

For this piece Juliette played up the comfort level that can often be associated with flannel by leaving it open and pairing it with some black jeggings and those super comfy looking moccasins. I decided to play up the fact that I am a Seattleite and paired my favorite green and gray flannel shirt with my puffy vest, skinny jeans, and of course a great pair of boots.


Scarves

I'm also a sucker for a good scarf (really I'm just a sucker for all things Fall). I may have a large drawer full of them but I don't think you can go wrong with a scarf this time of year. I'm not sure that scarves will ever technically go out of style because there are just so many options, the shape, the way to wear it, and the prints will definitely change over time, but the scarves themselves will always be a part of my wardrobe at least.

Juliette chose an amazing printed scarf that just looks like Fall to style for this look and she paired it with a really comfy looking green sweater and flats that pulled color from her scarf. I decided to dress my scarf up a bit for this one wearing it with a contrasting colored shirt, some basic jeans, and then some fun heels that pull the animal print out of the scarf and tie the whole look together.


Layers

Do I even have to say that this is another thing I love about Fall? I have loved layering clothes for as long as I can remember, and one of my favorite things about what I saw on the runway this year was that layering has been taken to the next level. I saw so much layering that consisted of differing lengths of pieces this year and I always love seeing layering of different textures as well.

For this look Juliette a really cute pink and purple plaid shirt with a denim jacket (can I just say I'm jealous of that jacket I've yet to find a good denim jacket myself), and finished it off with those comfy moccasins again. I pulled straight from what I saw on the runway and layered a navy sweater over a longer blouse mixing both lengths and textures, then I finished it off with some forest green jeans and my new favorite shoes of the season.


Now it's your turn. How would you style these Fall staples? Feel free to share in the comments, head over to my blog to let me know, or post a picture on Instagram and tag both myself (@SarahChristineStyle) and Juliette (@jliette) so we can see.

17 comments:

  1. Layering is a girl's best friend! I love the look of a collared shirt under a cute sweater...so preppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that polka dot sweater is so adorable!!! Loving the scarves too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice to meet you Sarah Christine! Loving all three looks on both of you, and I’d really like to stea- I mean, borrow…both of your scarves. Pleaseandthankyoutheendgoodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. NO. But if you come visit me we'll go to San Luis Obispo and I'll take you to the boutique where I bought it and you can buy soooo many things and I'm sure Taylor won't mind at all also there's a candy shoppe (spelled that way because #fancy) across the way you're welcome.

      Delete
  5. So why didn't that scarf end up in the package o' scarves you sent me?...??????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yessss on the flannel!! Sarah Christine is a favorite of mine - so cool to see her on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cool to HAVE her on my blog! I love her style :)

      Delete
  7. Digging this post. Long live layers, scarves and flannel, for REALs. Also, cute moccs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't found a good denim jacket either. SHARE YOUR SECRETS WITH ME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My secret is that I have an older sister who has MUCH better style than I do. The jacket is from Express and it's AT LEAST 10 years old. Probably closer to 13-15 years old. Which is great because it's all soft and worn in and just PERFECT and I love it and I'm not giving it away sorry.

      Delete
  9. Hello everyone...

    I am Katie Jones by name currently living in Las Vagas, USA.. Am writing this letter because am really grateful for what Mr Austin George did for me and my family, when I thought there was no hope he came and make a way for me and my family by lending us loan, at a very low interest rate of 2%. I never thought that there are still God sent and genuine loan lenders on the internet but to my greatest surprise i got my loan without wasting much time so if you are out there looking for a loan of any amount i would like to recommend you to Mr Austin George the Managing director of Austin Loan Company because he is a God sent man that can change your life forever.... So if you really want to make a better life without any fund scarcity.... I would advise you to get in touch with him through this e-mail below :: { austinloancompany@yahoo.com }.

    Thanks. Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello everyone...

    I am Katie Jones by name currently living in Las Vagas, USA.. Am writing this letter because am really grateful for what Mr Austin George did for me and my family, when I thought there was no hope he came and make a way for me and my family by lending us loan, at a very low interest rate of 2%. I never thought that there are still God sent and genuine loan lenders on the internet but to my greatest surprise i got my loan without wasting much time so if you are out there looking for a loan of any amount i would like to recommend you to Mr Austin George the Managing director of Austin Loan Company because he is a God sent man that can change your life forever.... So if you really want to make a better life without any fund scarcity.... I would advise you to get in touch with him through this e-mail below :: { austinloancompany@yahoo.com }.

    Thanks. Katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw, fun post! love your ladies outfits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony...

    My name is Lisa Jay, am 37 years of age , I want to inform you all about the goodness of the lord for finally leading me to a really and genuine loan lender named Mr Howard Moore, the managing director of Howard Loan Company {Howardloancompany@yahoo.com} after been scammed by other fake lenders, i was hopeless and didn't know who to trust while he came and put a great smile on my face at my greatest surprise. Anyone of you that have also be a victim of scam, you should bother no more cos, i have bring you good news and the only lender you can trust, just contact them now via: Howardloancompany@yahoo.com for more info on how to get your loan. And once again..... Thanks Be To Mr Howard Moore of Howardloancompany@yahoo.com for giving me a loan of 96,000.00USD.

    ReplyDelete