Friday, October 24, 2014

A week ago, everything changed

Apparently moving to a new town where I have nothing but time to blog makes me a horrible blogger. The truth is, I have so many thoughts and emotions about this move that I can't seem to get them together enough to actually form a blog post. So, I guess we should just start at the beginning?

The beginning begins exactly one week ago. My alarm was set to go off at 645am, and I wasn't dreading it because my niece was being dropped off at that time, and nothing can get me out of bed faster than niece giggles. I was supposed to have everything all packed up the night before, a requirement I had set upon myself, but then I was too busy going to the pumpkin patch and saying goodbye to my Grandma and Aunt and feeling general sadness and anxiety to get much else done than taking pictures at that pumpkin patch.


Fun fact: I went to the patch with Keith's aunt, uncle, and cousin. Adorable, right? Even more adorable is the super cute time limit you have to pick your pumpkin. You get a wristband and 30 minutes in the pumpkin patch and then they kick your pretty butt OUT that's all goodbye. I mean, unless you want to pay $10 to go on a hay ride and do the corn maze or go down a slide and it was almost 6 when we got there and mazes make my head hurt so it was a timed picking I chose and I didn't even get a pumpkin and I'm ok with that ANYWAY LET'S MOVE ON TO THE MOVE.

So 645 came and I had SOME stuff packed up but mostly I had just spent some time rearranging clothes, and when Kate came over I had to spend a lot of time hanging out with her because have you seen her? She's adorable. So when Keith rolled up at like 8am I was like, "Oh hey dude, you don't have anywhere to be today, do you? Because I am SO not ready, plus we have to go into town to pick some stuff up which will definitely take an hour out of our day because we're going to Target YAY!" and my perfect boyfriend responded with, "That's fine, I want to go to Sports Authority and buy something because I have a coupon." and I tried to get him to buy something for me but he's selfish.

FINALLY we got everything locked and loaded, and my dad made us pancakes AND BACON for breakfast and we set off on our 17 minutes journey to his grandparents' house. Seriously. We took the obligatory "I AM MOVING!" photo complete with my bed in his trunk (does that sound dirty or is it just me?) and we headed off to have lunch with the grandparents.


You should know that that box spring and mattress absolutely DID NOT MOVE during the entire SEVEN HOUR drive to the mountains. I couldn't tell Keith enough how impressed I was with his mattress binding whatever skills. Seriously. You try and tie a pillow-top mattress into a truck and tell me how it goes, and when it doesn't go well you let me know and I'll have Keith call you.

We had BBQ sandwiches for lunch. I'm trying to ignore bread but hello, it was BBQ SANDWICHES and if you know me at all then you know that sandwiches are my favorite food group and I couldn't say no because the last time I had a sandwich was .... I HAVE NO IDEA WHEN IT WAS SO I DESERVED THE FREAKING SANDWICH.

So, like I said, the drive took 7 hours. We left his grandparents at 245 and we FINALLY rolled into my new mountain town at 945, and it's not like we even stopped for dinner or anything. We stopped a couple of times for food and candy bars and the bathroom but no actual food. And now that I think about it I'm pretty annoyed that I didn't get dinner on Friday. Rude.

The last week of my life deserves an entire post on its' (is there supposed to be an apostrophe there? I never know) own, but I don't feel capable of doing that right now because it's too emotional. All you need to know is that it's (I DO know that there's supposed to be an apostrophe THERE) involved a dead mouse, multiple trips to the grocery store, lots and lots of football, getting lost, and some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen because hello, MOUNTAINS.

Here's how happy we are to be living less than 10 minutes away from each other for the first time in our lives.


HAPPILY EVER AFTER FOR SURE.

11 comments:

  1. Hang in there girl! Moving is an emotional process. It'll take some time for you to get settled in, away from your family before it feels like home. YOU GOT THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you, because if a baby as cute as Baby Kate came over when I was supposed to be moving, I'd be all we can do this later right? Also. YAY FOR MOVING

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your obligatory moving picture and I’m really glad you got that BBQ sandwich because you’re right, you totally deserved it. Slash I’m still just really exciting for your exciting new life adventure and mountaintop living. Oh, and you don’t need the apostrophe on that “its” in the first line of the paragraph. When the word is possessive, like “an entire post on its own” = no apostrophe. When the word is a contraction of “it is” = yes apostrophe.

    …I have never been more lame than I am in this moment. Please let’s still be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you'd eaten that sandwich without the bread I would've punched you clean in the throat. BBQ without bread is shameful. Moving stresses me out, but you're kindove a boss at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. No apostrophe on that usage of its — no apostrophes on possessive pronouns (hers, his, whose, my, its)
    2. Congrats on the big move and best of luck to you guys! Hope the adjustment phase is quick and easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH LOOK YOU FINALLY BLOGGED, YAY.
    You deserved that sandwich, and now after reading this - I deserve a sandwich too. Sooo lets just get me one now, okay? Okay. Also, I love the obligatory moving picture. I didn't get one of Justin and I when we moved his stuff and now I'm kicking myself, but we didn't shower until AFTER we finished his move that day so we looked really gross and it would've been a bad life decision anyway, whatever.

    Side note... I was going to leave the same comment as Lindsay (about the apostrophe), but I'll save you reading it 42x today. Just know that you were wrong, like really wrong, but I'm not judging you for it too much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Packing up and leaving the familiar behind to follow your heart is tough -- Ive been there. But it gets better EVERY DAY. Do little things to step outside your comfort zone and in no time, new town will feel like home town!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the big move! :) That is awesome that your mattress stayed in place! I took a bed that was at my Grandparents house and moved it to my house, and my Dad thought that it was tied down enough and well...it ended up falling out of the back of the truck and onto the highway. It was horrible! But we got it loaded back into the truck and went on down the road.
    Also, I nominated you for an award! :) The post is on my blog:
    http://catsandcappuccino.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I moved last week. I can't believe I've been in my new apartment for a little over a week. It was exhausting and very emotional so I can completely relate to what you are currently going through. I don't think I will feel completely settled until everything is unpacked. And that is also a process in itself. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot stay away from something that is my favorite. That is willpower girl. I love me some samiches and couldn't say no!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great day to start a great time living near each other!

    ReplyDelete