Monday, September 29, 2014

Weekend-y things, pictures, thank you.

First things first: the largest THANK YOU to all of you wonderfully amazing people who left me so many sweet comments on Friday's post about my next move. I am so grateful to all of you for being happy for me and Keith and taking the time to tell me that. Also, to all of you who have taken the time to click the links I've been shamelessly begging you to click: another thank you! I appreciate that SO much.

I quit my job on Friday and telling my boss went better than I could have imagined. I really didn't think he had any idea that me moving was something that would happen soon, but when I told him he basically said, "I'm not surprised to hear this and I'm really happy for you," and then we had a glass of wine and the knot that had been in my stomach all day disappeared completely. I also told the rest of my family about my move and they were surprised that the move is in just a few weeks but they were also happy. Or at least, they said they're happy and I'm choosing to believe them.

I'm sure that over the course of the next 18 days until I move I'll bombard you with many emotional posts about how sad I am to be leaving my town, and how excited I am to be ending my LDR, and how packing is a B-word, but today isn't the day for that. Today is basically just about me telling you all thank you so much... and showing you pictures of Baby Kate because I know that's what you're all here for.

My niece was born the day after my oldest brother's birthday, so our family combines the two celebration. Last weekend was Kate's birthday party with her friends, but she got a second celebration because we go hard for birthdays, apparently. I kinda feel bad for my brother John, because even though we were technically celebrating his birthday too... it was all about Baby Kate turning one. I mean... look at that face.


I like to play "patty-cake" with her and my younger sister informed me that my family was getting really sick of listening to me sing it with Kate but she was clearly loving it as evidenced about so I definitely didn't stop. Also I'm not sure if it's technically "patty-cake" or "pat-a-cake" or "paddycake" as when I googled it all three options came up. Why are children's songs so hard???


My mom bought Kate a special cup that is supposed to be  spill proof, but she couldn't figure out how to get the water out of it. After she realized that banging her spoon on the top of the cup wasn't getting her anywhere, she resorted to just leaning over and sticking her face in it and trying to drink out of it that way. Whatever works, kid (except this didn't work).



I used Grandma's 7 minute icing recipe for her cake and I dyed it pink and used sprinkles and it was the best cake ever. My past few attempts at this icing have resulted in the icing being a little melty and I'm not exactly sure why that was the case but I'm sort of thinking maybe the reason it worked so well this time is because the eggs I used had a sell-by date of September 4th. I justify using old eggs because Google told me it would be fine and also I cooked the egg whites so that gets rid of the bacteria and nobody keeled over from egg white poisoning soooooo... no harm no foul.


She liked her cake. I mean duh.


My younger sister and I got her this Princess Cozy Coupe and I didn't think she'd care about it too much because it doesn't make music BUT she loved it and played in it for so long! Plus it came in a huge box so we let her play in that too and it was basically the best day of her life, I'm sure.

And I didn't take any pictures of my brother because the day wasn't about him at all.

And sometimes I start to think about how much I'll miss my niece when I move and then I start to cry and then I look at cats on the internets.




13 comments:

  1. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOUR MOVE. And also happy for you that telling Ralph went so well. Baby Kate is so freaking cute, and you will totally still get to see her. You’ll just have to hug her extra hard when you do! Okay but really though…she is adorable. Even more so than those cute cats at the end of your post (coming from someone who loves cats and hates most children).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello everyone...

      I am Katie Jones by name currently living in Las Vagas, USA.. Am writing this letter because am really grateful for what Mr Austin George did for me and my family, when I thought there was no hope he came and make a way for me and my family by lending us loan, at a very low interest rate of 2%. I never thought that there are still God sent and genuine loan lenders on the internet but to my greatest surprise i got my loan without wasting much time so if you are out there looking for a loan of any amount i would like to recommend you to Mr Austin George the Managing director of Austin Loan Company because he is a God sent man that can change your life forever.... So if you really want to make a better life without any fund scarcity.... I would advise you to get in touch with him through this e-mail below :: { austinloancompany@yahoo.com }.

      Thanks. Katie

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your big move! I am sure it will be amazing and you will love southern california! I do! I also think your niece is too cute and i need to google more cat photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.
    i literally cannot even handle her cuteness. like not at all.
    your sister made a cute kid. kudos to her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love Baby Kate so much and it makes me feel like a major creep. And I'm sad I'll see photos of her less after your move. Maybe I should get a kid of my own

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby Kate is Adorable. The cake looked awesome. Love the cat GIFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby Kate is the cutest thing ever. She looks so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for you!! I need you to tell me some details, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know HOW I missed that post but somehow I wasn't surprised :). You're moving the day before my wedding - so if I forget to congratulate you again then you know why. But I am SO happy for you!!!! Moving away from family sucks, I'm not going to lie, and it never really gets easier when you visit and then have to leave but I guess you get "used to it." I'm really close with my parents so I talk to them on the phone a few times a week and try to visit about once a month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too Much Fun!! I missed your moving post but I am incredibly happy for you! I wondered how long before you guys would be Vlogging from the same city! :) Envious of you for sure! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totes forgot that I read Friday's post on my phone while at a waterfall. OOPS and this is me commenting. THIS IS THE GREATEST NEWS. Because it basically means more vlogs featuring Keith (in my head I call him Keith Sweat, but that's really neither here nor there).

    Also you are pretty. And will baby Kate let me borrow her car? Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. why does baby kate have to be so cute?
    casey and i are sitting here at work 'ooohing' and 'awwing' over her. no joke.

    also, those cat GIFs just made my morning a little better.

    also also, I didn't know what LDR meant and had to think about it for 5 minutes before I got it. whatever. words are hard today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello everyone...

    I am Katie Jones by name currently living in Las Vagas, USA.. Am writing this letter because am really grateful for what Mr Austin George did for me and my family, when I thought there was no hope he came and make a way for me and my family by lending us loan, at a very low interest rate of 2%. I never thought that there are still God sent and genuine loan lenders on the internet but to my greatest surprise i got my loan without wasting much time so if you are out there looking for a loan of any amount i would like to recommend you to Mr Austin George the Managing director of Austin Loan Company because he is a God sent man that can change your life forever.... So if you really want to make a better life without any fund scarcity.... I would advise you to get in touch with him through this e-mail below :: { austinloancompany@yahoo.com }.

    Thanks. Katie

    ReplyDelete