Monday, September 22, 2014

#SmashCake

Nothing really happened over the weekend. Mostly I napped, drank closet wine, and watched The Blacklist. Have you seen that show? If you haven't, you should watch it so we can discuss it. IS RED ELIZABETH'S FATHER???

On Saturday I took a break from Netflix binging and put on a bra and real clothes to go to my niece's 1st birthday party. I know I just showed you pictures of my niece on Friday, and you were all so sweet to look at them all, and as a "thanks for putting up with that" I have even MORE pictures for you. I know I know, I'm such a good friend.





 There. That wasn't so painful, was it? Apparently, having a "smash cake" for one-year-olds is a really big deal these days. My sister went above and beyond and made a cupcake cake for Baby Kate, and she really didn't know what to do with it. My sister had to show her how to put her fingers in the icing and tell her it was ok to eat it. Baby Kate didn't know what to do. She just kept sticking her pointer fingers in the icing and then licking them and wiping them on the blanket. Then she tried to stick her foot in the cake. Then she just licked the cake and I really thought she was going to slip and her whole face was going to fall into the cake. Does it make me a horrible person for sort of wishing that had happened? I don't care.

Probably the best part was when we were singing "happy birthday" to her and she got up and started dancing. And when we were done she clapped for everybody. And no I didn't get a video of it will people please stop asking??

I really have nothing else to write about today.

But that doesn't mean I'm not going to word vomit all over the page.

Do you ever feel like you just have so much to do that the only logical thing to do is to take a nap? You do, I knew it. Thanks for not making me feel alone. Well, that's how I felt over the weekend. There's a lot I have to do but it's just so overwhelming and I don't even know where to start. There's also some stuff that will be happening pretty soon, but I can't blog about it yet. I'm sorry. I hate to vague-blog but I don't hate it enough to not do it.

There is absolutely no point to this post. Like, none. None at all. I don't think my brain came to work with me today. It might have something to do with the fact that I woke up like, every hour last night. Or the fact that I just feel kind of tapped out in every way. I think I need a vacation.

OH MY GOSH I'm so sorry all I'm doing is rambling and not making any sense. I'm leaving now. Really. GET ME OUT OF THIS STUPID FUNK I'M IN. AKA send me funny Buzzfeed articles or GIFs or jokes or anything please and thank you with a cherry on top.

21 comments:

  1. THIS BABY IS SO CUTE!!!
    And taking naps is my hobby. I mean, my favorite hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Blacklist. I am so excited that Season 2 starts tonight. And I 100% think that Red is her Dad. I mean, he has to be, right?! If not, then definitely an Uncle or something...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby Kate is adorable. I want that exact birthday cake next year. I will send you some funny pins to help you get out of your funk. And I support your exciting life developments that are on the way and forgive any and all blog-vagueness because I’m such a good friend. OKLOVEYOUBYE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THE BLACKLIST!!! Although, I hate to say it, I kind of hate Megan Boone as an actress. I think she's terrible. I am definitely watching the show for James Spader, at this point, because he is amazing. Megan Boone needs acting lessons though, STAT.

    I am so excited for the new season tonight that I made my husband help me set up our antenna so I could have TV tonight. True love, yo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are entitled to share as many photos of her as you want because she's too freaking adorable for words. My baby-fever is out of control and she makes my ovaries ache!!! And you're not a horrible person but when I saw the picture on IG of her leaning in, I was hoping she'd fall face first too. I mean, it'd be hilarious and it's the only true way to eat a cupcake...it's just frowned upon once you're past your first birthday.

    Okay, I have to know what Blacklist is about. While I do trust your opinion, I still need a little description before I get sucked in.

    And you did not mention that Mama June and Sugar Bear broke up! I totally expected something from you on this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Napping when I have so much to do that I can't do anything else is the only time that I ever nap. I'm too good at sleeping and bad at waking up to make naps a regular thing in my life.

    I tried to watch The Blacklist, but I couldn't get into. James Spader was awesome, but the girl and everyone else were just blah. I'm just gonna stick to Vampire Diaries.

    Happy Birthday to your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Blacklist (though it sometimes gets a little too violent for me!). I don't think he's her dad. He definitely could be, but this show has so many twists and turns that I would be surprised if it was that obvious. For some reason, I think he might have been the one to set the fire that burned down Elizabeth's home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That just might be the best reaction to being sung Happy Birthday I've ever heard. Can you imagine if adults got up and started dancing when they had Happy Birthday sung to them!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gooooodness....such cute pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This made me lol today:

    http://howdoiputthisgently.tumblr.com/post/97785740664

    ReplyDelete
  11. IM TOO BUSY BEING IN MY FUNK TO HELP YOU GET OUT OF YOURS UGH LIFE IS SO HARD.

    Kudos to baby Kate though. She eats cake the right way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, I wish somebody would make me a giant cupcake for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cutie! I love that she didn't know what to do! IT's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love smash cakes. Not so much for me, but for one-year-olds. Although, now that I think of it, I'd like a smash cake for myself, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was also kind of wishing that her face had ended up in the cake before you told me it hadn't . . . so yeah, there's nothing at all wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. are smash cakes acceptable for 28 year old too because i think i want this for my next birthday. TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm all for kids face-planting in cake. Is there really any other way to eat it?!

    And for a good laugh {especially if you ever saw this trash-turned-reality-tv show!}
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/whitneyjefferson/times-the-flavor-of-love-girls-taught-us-how-to-live#33r08rn

    ReplyDelete
  18. AS SOON AS I SAW THE PICTURES I WAS ALL "it would have made for very cute pictures if she would have slipped and fell face first into the cake" but then I felt bad for wanting that to happen to a baby. And I'M SO GLAD I ALREADY KNOW THE THINGS YOU AREN'T SHARING YET AND THAT I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THEM <3

    ReplyDelete

  19. I am posting on this site on how great Dr Brave help me bring back my wife ??

    Hello to every one out here, am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me three days ago, My name is Jeffrey Dowling,i live in Texas,USA.and I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.(bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website http://bravespellcaster.yolasite.com,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to “bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.{bravespellcaster@gmail.com} , Thanks.

    ReplyDelete