Friday, September 19, 2014

My niece is ONE

The most perfect angel to ever grace the face of this earth turns one today! How did this happen? A whole year! If you follow me on Instagram (and if you don't, why not? I post lots of pictures of the baby and of food) you've probably seen way more pictures of her than you care about but it's my Instagram and I'll overload it with baby pictures if I want to so there. You can read about when she was born here. Is it weird that I'm not her mom but I posted a birth story? I DON'T CARE. LOOK AT HER FACE.
A year ago my sister texted me and asked if I was ready to meet my niece and I nearly peed my pants from excitement. But then we had to wait FOREVER because apparently babies can be stubborn and you don't usually get to choose when and how they arrive because of science or something. 

Look. I get my patience from my dad.


And then finally she was born and life was never the same again and did you know that it's possible for a baby's cries to sound like angels singing? I found that out one year ago today.


PICTURE OVERLOAD TIME READY LET'S GO.




And now we're basically going to skip from one week old to like 10 months old because it's my party and I'll do what I want.

She's been wearing obnoxious head bows and wraps since the day she was born, so I think she thinks they're a part of her body and she never tries to take them off. She also leaves sunglasses and hats on her head because she's good at fashion.

And she's good at making funny faces.

And she's good at everything.


One time she and I were shopping in The Gap and she said, "Auntie Juel, let's go over here and look at these little girl clothes. Do you think this color complements my complexion?" And I said, "OMG Baby Kate you can wear whatever you want and it will look perfect." Then she took some clothes off a display and threw them on the ground and when I told her to pick them up do you know what she did? SHE PICKED THEM UP AND PUT THEM AWAY BECAUSE SHE IS A GENIUS.


She's great at selfies. She loves her tongue.

She has exactly zero teeth so she just gums her food to death.


If you ask her, "What does a doggie say?" She opens her mouth and grunts, "Huh, huh" and it's the most adorable thing ever.

She loves to open and close wallets and pull out allllll of the credit cards and gift cards and money because she loves dolla dolla bills.


She started walking at 10 months.

Apparently she can say "cheese" but I've never heard it so I don't believe it.

She likes to dance. If there's music playing she bounces up and down nonstop.


She loves it when I want to take pictures with her. LOOK AT THE ENTHUSIASM.

And she has the absolute best expressions of anybody in the entire world and she also has the chubbiest cheeks ever and it's adorable.


Happy birthday, Baby Kate. I love you!



20 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY KATE, the only baby that I kind of borderline remotely enjoy.

    JK we both know I love her. But she's the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an AMAZING aunt. She is just precious! Happy birthday Baby Kate :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!! Omgggggg she is so adorable I can't even stand it!!!! Those cheeks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby Kate just might be better than princess Kate. Seriously she is so adorable. Happy Birthday Baby Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is a doll and I always love seeing your pics of her! Happy Birthday Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHY IS SHE THE CUTEST BABY IN THE WORLD? Oh my goodness, I can't stand it.
    The only baby that's going to be cuter is going to be YOUR baby, and that's a fact.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, those eyes! She is precious! Happy Birthday Baby Kate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it bad to be jealous of a baby who has so much style and sass and is so pretty? Asking for a friend.

    PS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY KATE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is adorable!! Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO FREAKIN' ADORABLE. Those eyes - she is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohmygoodness she is ridiculously precious. Those cheeks. Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww She is so adorable. Happy Birthday baby Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is just soooo stinkin adorable!! And you are the cutest aunt!!

    xoxo
    Brooke| LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel kind of weird and stalkery about how much I love your niece. She is absolutely gorgeous and cute and adorable and I want to kiss her cheeks. Thank goodness I have my one yr old niece 20 minutes away or this post would drive me insane. I think I'll go see her now.

    ReplyDelete

  15. I am posting on this site on how great Dr Brave help me bring back my wife ??

    Hello to every one out here, am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me three days ago, My name is Jeffrey Dowling,i live in Texas,USA.and I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.(bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website http://bravespellcaster.yolasite.com,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to “bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.{bravespellcaster@gmail.com} , Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. and my uterus just exploded.
    WHOA cuteness.

    ReplyDelete