Thursday, September 18, 2014

Fashion blogging is hard + my IWYP top

Do you know what's really hard to do when people in your real life don't know you blog? Asking people in your real life to take pictures of you for your blog. You see, I have this IWYP top (which you can find here) and I had this vision of me modeling it effortlessly in front of some foliage while I held a classy glass of wine in my hand. The first problem was that I didn't feel like a mirror selfie could do this amazing shirt justice, but I couldn't think of anybody who knew about my blog and wouldn't mind satisfying my vanity by taking 3,700 pictures of me. The second problem was that did you know it's really uncomfortable to have somebody take 3,700 pictures of you? I learned this the hard way.

I thought and thought and thought about who I could ask to take pictures of me. Then I remembered that about two weeks ago my friend Marisa (hi Marisa) had come over and I peer-pressured her into drinking like 3 ninja mimosas with me and then we were both talking talking talking and she got me to tell her about my blog so clearly she's the obvious choice to be my photographer. So if I need any more pictures taken in the near future, Marisa, I'm coming over so you should probably stock up on whatever that delicious popcorn was that I kept shoving in my face last night.
 
If I had been smarter I wouldn't have had her take these pictures until I was on my second glass of wine. (#hindsight) We went out to Marisa's back porch and she just clickclickclicked and I stood there like WHAT DO I DO WITH MY HANDS and then I started laughing, but not the cute adorable laughing like the girls on Pinterest. It was like, a loud guffawing and it gave me multiple chins. Then I'd just look at Marisa and say, "This is so awkward. I don't know what to do. I hate this. Are we done?" 

So now, I present to you the outtakes from my impromptu photoshoot with my IWYP top from Whitney Ellen.

I call this one, "Let me stare admiringly down at my glass of wine that I'm holding so very delicately in my dainty hands."


I like to lovingly refer to this one as, "Don't try to talk with your mouth full."


And then we have the one where I was trying to "CHEERS!" to the camera but my left arm was like "lol wut do u want from me I just hang here limp like dis."


And then we have the one where I multitask by both sipping and giving a loving gaze at the top of the fence.


There's also the one of me mid swallow. (Suppressing the urge to turn this into a dirty joke.)


This one is actually my favorite because I feel like I totally nailed two very important fashion blogger poses: the hand casually fluffing my hair AND the smiling stare down at the ground. Unfortunately the most perfect top ever is tucked a little bit into my high-waisted-mom jeans and it cut off part of the "E" in "WE" so it's a fail.


I was totally about to pick a wedgie in this one.


Then there's this one where I tried to fake laugh but then it felt so ridiculous that it turned into basically a chortle.


I think the biggest fail of all is that I ended the photoshoot with the same amount of wine that had been in it when it all started. WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?

In all seriousness though, I seriously love this shirt and you can go right ahead and order yours here. Did you do it yet?

And don't worry, after we finished taking pictures I drank more wine and ate kale balls and chips and told more people about my blog (HI KENDRA HI MICHELLE) because red wine makes me chatty.

35 comments:

  1. 10 points to Gryffindor for using the word “chortle” in such an effortless and casual way. 50 points for wearing the coolest shirt in the history of all apparel. Also……kale balls…..just…why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really hoping one of your (parental) roommates took these.

    Also. CHORTLE.

    Also. Eyebrows and curls on point doll.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair be poppin. Also that shirt isn't half bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shirt and this post is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, this is amazing. "WHAT DO I DO WITH MY HANDS"

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love your hair.

    I could never be a fashion blogger either... mostly because my clothes suck. haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. actually your multitasking pic of drinking and looking out is pretty cute! and your hair looks fabulous seriously

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha..oh my gosh. Best blogger-fashion post ever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awkward or not, you rocked the shoot, my dear. also, you're far braver than i am. i'm one of those who would have like elevnty billion pictures, and would only post the (maaaaybe) two or three shots that didn't make look like i had multiple chins, or the light wasn't weird, or my clothes weren't scrunching funny, or my pose didn't make me look weird, or like, i don't know, a million other things that go wrong with pictures. but even your "outtakes" as you call them are so cute!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your hair. I want your hair. Is that creepy? I don't even care. Whatever.
    But you're like really pretty. Also, this shirt is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So jealous that you can wear your hair pulled back with a headband and still look amazing. My shiny five-head completely ruins the look when it try:(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um these are all super cute and I think you're the next fashion blog model! haha and your hair is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I had only showed up just a few minutes earlier!! I could have experienced this magic. You are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look lovely in all the pictures!! now I need that shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your hair!!! You're so cute, the pictures are great. I will be adding this shirt to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Poor Juliette, getting a cute shirt and sipping wine. Your life is so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  18. No one except my mom knows I blog so it's weird asking people to take pictures of me. I'm a master of the #selfie. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  19. hahaha You're hilarious. It's true, fashion blogging is not as easy as people think. But you did great, and if I drank alcohol, I would buy this shirt because of this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Why does your hair look so amazing?! I love this shirt I wish it shipped to China #woof.
    ALSO I really like the one where you are looking down. It looks amaze.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely hate this. I will be out and about and random ass people compliment my purse or my outfit. It happens weekly and I'm always so proud of myself because most of my clothes are inexpensive and come from places like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Rue 21, Forever, Target, etc. I feel like I should take pics and post them so that people can see you can dress cute, receive compliments, and not spend half your paycheck on designer clothes. But then I have Nick take photos and I look about 248924218 times more awful than any of these photos. I've tried the self-timer and remote photos. Even worse. I'm just far from photogenic and not a natural in front of a camera.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hahah I agree, fashion blogging is not for the feint of heart...or really anyone as awkward as me lol. And shame on your for not drinking more wine while wearing a shirt proclaiming the drinking of wine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. haha it reminds me of having my mom take my pictures for my blog. she is one of the few people that knows about it. Great top!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I kind of love your high waisted mom jeans. What brand are they??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're Gap! I got them a couple of years ago. But Gap has a lot of higher waisted jeans that are a curvy fit that I LOVE!

      Delete

  25. I am posting on this site on how great Dr Brave help me bring back my wife ??

    Hello to every one out here, am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me three days ago, My name is Jeffrey Dowling,i live in Texas,USA.and I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.(bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website http://bravespellcaster.yolasite.com,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to “bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.{bravespellcaster@gmail.com} , Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm blog stalking your posts now.....hilarious. You definitely nailed that hair fluffing one.....damnit mom jeans always getting in the way!

    ReplyDelete