Thursday, September 11, 2014

Brain vomit. Macaroni and cheese balls. MIRROR SELFIE.

Did you know that when you move all your brain can think about is moving and you don't think about anything else not even your blog or wearing deodorant or changing the oil in your car or caring for your cuticles? I know that from experience because my week has been consumed with moving and cleaning. Every day this week after work I've gone over to my apartment and put more junk in my car and scrubbed the shower, vacuumed the carpets, mopped the floors, cleaned the mirrors, and done the toilets/dishes/counters/cupboards/are you bored of reading this yet because I'm bored of talking about it.

Oh and also every day I've gone into my completely empty old bedroom and just stared around and the emptiness and sobbed like a baby or a woman with extreme PMS (the latter of which I think is actually to blame for all the tears, TMI). But that's really neither here nor there, I just needed to be open and honest with you and tell you how overly emotional I've been this week.

I feel pretty bad for my parents, because their house is really clean and not cluttered and I moved home and was basically like HI GUYS THANKS FOR LETTING ME LIVE HERE FO' FREESIES NOW I'M GOING TO TAKE MY CRAP AND DUMP IT IN TWO BEDROOMS AND MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A TORNADO WENT THROUGH HERE NOW WHAT TIME IS DINNER?

Let's move on to something a little more uplifting, shall we? Want to know what I'm doing this weekend? No? TOO BAD because I'm going to tell you anyway. Keith and I are going to San Francisco (Francisco... Francisco... that's a fun word to say!) on Saturday to go to Alcatraz (the prison) and a Dodgers/Giants game. The tickets are his birthday present (for his birthday that was in May... better late than pregnant!) and I tricked my boss into buying them for me. SO. The fun part of the story is that we aren't staying overnight in SF, we're staying at his parents's house which is 3 hours away. That means on Saturday we have to LEAVE their house by 430am because we're definitely stopping for coffee and donuts and we have to be at Pier 33 for our boat to Alcatraz by like 815am. After Alcatraz we're taking a trolley to Chinatown and eating lunch or whatever there, and then doing whatever we want until around 5ish when we're heading to AT&T Park for the game, which starts at 605. What's that? You didn't need a timeline? TOUGH NUTS. The moral of my story is that we're going to be gone for almost 24 hours and I'm going to be tired and grumpy and sweaty and sometimes I'm not very nice when I'm grumpy so I've been trying to warn Keith that I'm not responsible for the things I say under deprivation of sleep.

He just laughed.

Want to know something funny? I had no intention of talking about anything I wrote about. Really, what I wanted to discuss is what should I wear??? The outfit I really want to wear is this:

Tribal print poncho/cardigan from In Bloom Boutique.
I actually really want to do a whole post on this poncho because I LOVE IT
but I need to find somebody to take pictures of me wearing it.
Until that happens, you're stuck with mirror selfies
YOU'RE WELCOME.

Unfortunately, this isn't an option. Why? Because look at my feet. Those flats are absolutely not appropriate for walking around the hills of San Francisco for an entire day. Plus, they make my feet really really really sweaty and smelly (TMI AGAIN!) and nobody needs to experience that.I do think that cardigan would look fantastic in all of our artsy fartsy pictures, so I'm a little sad that I can't figure out a way to wear this outfit without making my feet hate me forever. So I'm settling for wearing this to work today.

If you look closely on the dresser you can see the cup in which I store my sneaktails. What's a sneaktail? That's what I call cocktails that I drink sneakily at my parents' house. Sneakily because of the "no alcohol" rule that my parents have. They also blocked FX so I can't watch Sons of Anarchy. But it's free rent so I shouldn't complain.

I think that's all the brain vomit I can stand for one day. Except I have to tell you that yesterday I was driving and I totally flipped out and almost started crying because I thought my a/c had gone out and I was like FIXING THE A/C IS EXPENSIVE THIS SUCKS! And I drove hyperventilating until I realized that the a/c wasn't broken, I just had the heater on. It doesn't get much smarter than this, folks. At least that didn't happen on the same day that I sat at a stop sign for a good 20-30 seconds waiting for the light to turn green.

The last thing I want to tell you is that the guy on my softball team who threw a ball to me at 1st base and beaned me on the shin so hard that there's still a bruise, lump, and numbness there (this was 3 1/2 weeks ago) felt so bad about it that on Monday night he gave me a box of fried macaroni and cheese balls to make up for it. I haven't eaten them but but I'm pretty sure once I do I'll have forgiven him completely because did I mention they are fried macaroni and cheese balls?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to think about how today is my Friday and try to come up with topics to discuss with Keith's parents tonight while I'm hanging out with them waiting for him to get there.

The end goodbye thanks for reading.

26 comments:

  1. SNEAKTAIL you’re so sneaky. Are flip flops as acceptable in California as they are in Texas? Could you walk around in some neutral flip flops with that cardigan all day Saturday? I could walk around in flip flops forever. That was so generous of dear, sweet Ralph to buy you the tickets, you’re going to have the best time ever. OH and before I forget, can you please take lots of pictures of Chinatown? I want to see. Okay I love you, I’m giving you a big virtual computer hug to help you not be sad about moving out of your apartment okayseeyoulatergoodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya. When I moved back in with my parents I took up three bedrooms and the family room downstairs with all my stuff. Then two weeks ago their basement flooded and since I'm still living with them b/c I live in a town that's never heard of apartment buildings, me and all of my things are now stuffed into one room that is right across the hall from my parents. Thank goodness they don't have a no alcohol rule - I'm pretty sure wine is the only thing flowing through my veins right now

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, LOVE the outfit - you look awesome! Second, San Francisco is like my favorite place ever, so have fun! But yeah, sweaty, smelly, uncomfortable feet in SF is not the way to go. I'm a sandal kind of girl if I can get away with it. Or boots, but I don't know how warm it is in California (it's like, 50 here which is NOT OK).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pretty sure my parents feel the same way about my moving back in…things are all organized and tidy and I arrive home filling my room with stuff and claiming the spare bedroom as my own too. There are totes and bags and laundry baskets around every corner. To ease my guilt I usually make supper but that doesn't get rid of the excess of clothing/random stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK like if I don't have that cardigan on it's way to me soon I may have a melt down. That color green looks so nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand your pain... I just moved as well and it is a nightmare/exhausting! Luckily you're able to work around the no-alcohol rule with those sneaktails... definitely necessary!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel you with certain flats making my feet stink sooo bad. and your brain vomit posts are absolutely my favourite kind of posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fried mac and cheese balls are heavenly... but lactose. so I struggle with that.

    also, wear sneakers to alcatraz and wandering around and keep your flats in your purse and then switch to flats for the game... or leave them in the car and switch at game time. you're welcome.

    also a 24 hour day sounds awful, I'll just sleep lots for you - don't worry.

    I like your sneaktail

    ReplyDelete
  9. San Francisco is one of my favorite places in the world. We used to live there a month every summer and a month ever winter (with a trip to Tahoe) growing up. Also, fried macaroni and cheese balls sound amazing, and now I'm desperate to get my hands on some.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did the SAME thing with my a/c about a month ago. It's been hotter than the devil's balls in PA all summer so I had the a/c on constantly. Well, one freak morning it was cold so I turned on the heat and left it like that for 2 days thinking my a/c was broken. I was mortified when someone was riding with me and pointed it out. Also - Love that outfit and your sneaktails. You'll have to think of a cool name so you can talk about them in front of your parents - when I lived at home I called alcohol "chips" like "man.. I could really go for some chips" or when on the phone with friends "Yeah, come over later, we'll have some chips."

    ReplyDelete
  11. So....where can I get fried mac & cheese balls?

    LET ME KNOW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cardi. Gimme.

    Heater instead of a/c- bahahahaha. So me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why is there a no alcohol rule? Why? Do you have younger siblings around that you might be a bad influence on? Are your parents extremely religious? Does someone in your family have a problem with drinking? So many reasons are fluttering through my head. But free rent > drinking alcohol at home, so you made the right decision. Especially since you've got your sneaktails to keep you company.

    Is there no way you can wear that cardi? It would look amazballs in San Francisco pictures. I just bought one sorta similar, although it's more of a poncho/vest/scarf. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe you aren't staying over night in Frisco. That's just silly. So you can't even have cocktails. Please tell me you are at least staying Saturday night ??

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the outfit! I would probably wear sneakers since you are going to be walking around a lot. I'm with you on the cleaning and moving like crazy. I'm in the same situation at the moment. I've never had Fried Macaroni and Cheese balls but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahah, awww - sounds like a tough week! Moving SUCKS, though, and I completely understand. Also: free rent at the parentos' house can not be beat. :) Finally, I totally concur with the above comment by Just Miss C and think you should rock that awesome poncho/sweater with sneakers!
    xox
    giedre
    ps. Come to chicago and I'll totally take photos of you in the poncho! Today is the perfect weather for it, too, since it's super chilly and cold. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Best post I've read all day.. Brain vomit posts make bloggers seem so much more real, in my opinion. I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You can talk to his parents about kangaroos. They're fascinating. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That poncho is AWESOME! Find a way to make it work...it's just so great

    ReplyDelete
  20. I never knew I loved brain vomit so much! I loved reading this post!! Keeping it real!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sooo I totally feel you with the moving and the sad feelings because there is a VERY REAL chance that I'm going to have to move back in with Derek's parents after my lease is up in November. I've already cried about it and it's two months away. Also, did I mention that we'll be MARRIED and living with his parents? Excuse my while I go bawl some more.

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMGGGGG no SoA?? Or alcohol?!?! Sad faces for days!! I do however, love the name that you have cleverly concocted for hiding said cocktails. And you should throw on a pair of flat boots with the poncho!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. ahhhhh "better late than pregnant" is the best line ever. i literally had to get up and tell my husband that. well played. have so much fun in san francisco and well done with your sneaktails! i'm sure those pair nicely with fried mac-n-cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wait wait wait. You can't drink alcohol at your parents?!?! My mother is my wino buddy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. my brain doesn't comprehend this no alcohol rule.
    do you need me to call your parents and a talk with them?

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is a relief. The more you can avoid a full-on fix, the better. It would be best to have your A/C not faltering when you do not want it to, or when you couldn't afford for it to do so. However, I think spending on repair shouldn't knock you down too much, since that should make it work for much longer, which should be good for everyone. It just doesn't have to be too expensive. All the best!

    Harvey Chapman @ Liberty Comfort Systems

    ReplyDelete