Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Lot 48, the blog

Today I have the privilege of introducing you all to Lauren, the writer behind the blog Lot 48. Lauren and I share a love of donuts and nail polish, The Mindy Project, and of course, blogging. She is a wonderful writer and when you visit her blog you'll find many different kinds of posts: posts about blogging (which bloggers love, don't lie),  posts about her dad and the things people say when they find out he's a doctor (and an all around wonderful person, it sounds like!), posts about TV shows, etc. etc. etc. Lauren does a wonderful job of being genuine, funny, and thoughtful and you won't regret visiting her blog, clicking around, and making sure you don't miss any new posts! I asked Lauren some questions which you may read below. DO IT.


1. How long have you been blogging and what prompted you to start your blog?
I started blogging years ago but didn't really start taking it seriously until March.  That is when I invested in a blog design and really started having tons of  fun with it.  Blogging has brought me more happiness than I ever imagined and has blessed my life in so many ways.
Isn't it funny how something that starts out as just a small hobby can have such a big impact on our lives? The same happened for me!

2. Ok, you love donuts which makes you an awesome person already, but I have to know: what's your favorite kind of donut?
I do really love donuts! There is this amazing donut (doughnut?? What's the difference. I don't know) shop here that is called Beyond Glaze.  They make the best donuts I have ever had.  They have all kinds of yummy and creative  flavors, and they are just out of this world.  I think my favorites are orange creme and cherry chocolate.
I spell it "donut" because it's faster and the less time it takes me to type, the more time I have to eat the donuts. Your favorite flavors intrigue me, and if I went to Beyond Glaze (which may or may not have just made it onto my bucket list) I would probably venture out of my sprinkle donut comfort zone and try those two!



3. Lot 48 is a really unique blog name. How did you come up with it? 
I named my blog Lot 48 not just because of my love for Parks and Recreation, but for what it represents.  Leslie is trying to build a park that is taking years of hard work to accomplish, but she sticks to it.  I try to live my life like that.  Also, when I was living in LA as an aspiring comedy writer, some of my best memories were walking around the Fox and Sony studio lots.  I wanted my blog name to be an ode to my love of comedy and television.
I love the meaning behind your blog name. And I'm just getting into Parks and Rec and so far I love that too!

4. Where are you from? Where do you live now?
I am from a very small town in Utah, in the very southwest corner.  I grew up 120 miles east of Las Vegas.  I know Vegas like the back of my hand.  I wrote about my small town here and currently live in Salt Lake City, Utah, which I really love.  I have a hard time being happy in small towns, I am a big city girl. 

5. Tell us a little bit about your husband, Taran (I love that name by the way!)
Thank you! I love his name too and I love that it is unique.  Where to being to talk about Taran?  He is the sweetest, more supportive, kindness, smartest, most amazing man I have ever known.  And he is SO FUNNY.  I don't know where I would be without him.  I am pretty sure that my parents like him more than me.  I really can't believe that I got him.  We will be married 6 months on August 8, which I can't believe!! He is a biomedical engineer and is currently in the process of putting his medical device that he invented on the market.  I would like to tell you what the device is, but he is a bit paranoid about somebody stealing his ideas and also, I don't really get what the device is...... He is a million times smarter than me and I never know what he is saying when he talks about his job.
Ok this is probably the sweetest thing I've read all day.

6. It's a Saturday and you have no commitments. What would I find you doing with your free time?
Saturdays actually really stress me out.  I don't like relaxing too much, because I don't like feeling unproductive.  Saturdays I usually read blogs for a while, see a movie, and hopefully go see my nieces and nephews.  One of my greatest joys in life is being an aunt, and I have six and they all live twenty minutes away!!
Isn't being an aunt the best? That's wonderful that all of them live so close to you! If my niece lived 20 miles away I'd probably overstay my welcome at her parents' house on a daily basis!


7. Do you have any hidden talents?
Something that I am really passionate about that I don't really talk about on my blog is my love for comedy writing.  I don't know if I am talented as a comedy writer, but if you ask my husband I am sure he would beg to differ.  I did get positive feedback on my script I gave to producers while I was in LA, so maybe I have some talent?? I just get uncomfortable talking about it because I don't want anyone to think I am bragging, and I am also terrified of failing!
I think this is so cool!! You wrote a script??? I'm a little bit in awe over here....

8. You love TV (another thing we have in common). What are you favorite shows?
I do love TV, particularly comedies.  Mindy Kaling said once that it is hard for her to watch comedies because she is always analyzing the writing, which I definitely do too, so dramas are probably more fun to watch because I can shut my brain off.  My poor husband is such a good sport when he watches a comedy with me, because if I miss the credit of who wrote the episode, I have to rewind and then look up the writer if I haven't heard of them before.  Maybe that's a hidden talent?? I could spout off a list of writers who wrote the best comedies that you probably haven't heard of?? But to finally answer your question because it seems I have gone off on a tangent, my favorite comedies are: Parks and Recreation (obviously!) Brooklyn 99, The Mindy Project and Community.  For dramas, it is The Blacklist (if you haven't seen that show, stop what you are doing and watch it RIGHT NOW.  I'm serious) Sherlock and Nashville.
Keith watches The Blacklist, but I haven't yet. I'll have to give it a shot! The Mindy Project is brilliant... definitely one of my new favorites.

9. Can you tell us a little bit about your job? 
I feel so blessed to have the job that I do, I love my job.  I wrote about my job in depth here, but in a nutshell, I work for a company that writes the protocols for 9-1-1.  So when you call 9-1-1 because you're dad turned blue and isn't breathing, we write the protocols that give the dispatchers the knowledge of what to tell you to do.  I love it because even though I am in  the marketing department, I am helping people in some small way.  I feel especially blessed that I am working in the field that I went to school for.  Although, reporting on stories of calls and dispatchers can be tough, as not all calls have happy endings.
Ok everybody, you have to read this post Lauren wrote about careers she could have chosen. If you think what she does now sounds intriguing, trust me, you'll want to read this post!


10. What is something you've always wanted to do, but haven't yet? 
Something that I want to do that I haven't done yet is to try harder to be a comedy writer.  We are hoping that Taran gets in grad school in LA so I can move back and get serious about it.  I also want to travel with him, the places at the top of our list are Greece, Ireland, NYC (he has never been!) and Italy.
If you go to LA you HAVE to let me know so we can blate. I've never been to NYC (or any of those other places) either... can you stow me away in your suitcase??

Ok everybody, now your job is to get to stalking following Lauren on the social media links provided below. Lauren, it was great to have you here today!


11 comments:


  1. Thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my Husband ,and brought great joy to my family???

    My name is Wendy Streeter,and i live in New York. My Ex-Husband dumped me two weeks ago after I accused him of seeing someone else and insulting him. I want him back in my life but he refuse to have any contact with me. I was so confuse and don't know what to do, so I reach to the internet for help and I saw a testimony of how a spell caster help people to get their ex back so I contact the spell caster and explain my problem to him and he cast a spell for me and assure me of 48hours that my ex will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my ex came knocking on my door and beg for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married. Once again thank you Dr Brave, You are truly talented and gifted. Email: bravespellcaster@gmail.com is the only answer. He can be of great help and I will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man.Email:bravespellcaster@gmail.com,or kindly visit he website http://bravespellcaster.yolasite.com .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great work of DR. OBILUJESU who help me bring back my back my divorce husband .Call him or add him up on whatsapp +2348143481000

      Male_large Thanks to Dr. Obilujesu My name is Sharon William. I am from Dubai i am here to spread the entire work of a real spell caster called Dr. Obilujesu who just helped me to retrieve back my union with my husband and make Aour relationship very stronger and brought joy and happiness into our marriage. I have been scammed by a lot of fake spell casters but i was later introduced to Dr. Obilujesu by a friend named tucker stancey to this great man who help her to restore her relationship back with his husband.He also help me and wipe away my tears. So viewers of this wonderful testimony who wants to contact him drobilujrsuspellcaster@gmail.com or
      drobilujesuspellcaster@yahoo.com or via website/ http://drobilujesuspellca.wixsite.com/drobilujesu call him on his temple number +2348143481000.

      1. GETTING YOUR EX LOVER BACK.
      2. DIVORCE SPELL.
      3. WINNING LOTTERIES
      . 4. BREAKING OF GENERATION COURSE.
      5. GETTING OF JOB.
      6. CHILD BEARING.
      7. MONEY SPELL.
      8. CURING OF HIV AND MANY MORE.
      9. HERBAL CARE.
      10. BEAUTY SPELL.
      11. ATTRACTION SPELL.
      12. BUSINESS CHARMS.
      12 PENIS AND BUT ENLARGMENT.

      TO ENQUIRE MORE CUSTOMERS AND LOT'S MORE.. So brothers and sisters i have tested this man DR. OBILUJESU and i have found the man of my hearth back in just two weeks.

      Delete
    2. Great work of DR. OBILUJESU who help me bring back my back my divorce husband .Call him or add him up on whatsapp +2348143481000

      Male_large Thanks to Dr. Obilujesu My name is Sharon William. I am from Dubai i am here to spread the entire work of a real spell caster called Dr. Obilujesu who just helped me to retrieve back my union with my husband and make Aour relationship very stronger and brought joy and happiness into our marriage. I have been scammed by a lot of fake spell casters but i was later introduced to Dr. Obilujesu by a friend named tucker stancey to this great man who help her to restore her relationship back with his husband.He also help me and wipe away my tears. So viewers of this wonderful testimony who wants to contact him drobilujrsuspellcaster@gmail.com or
      drobilujesuspellcaster@yahoo.com or via website/ http://drobilujesuspellca.wixsite.com/drobilujesu call him on his temple number +2348143481000.

      1. GETTING YOUR EX LOVER BACK.
      2. DIVORCE SPELL.
      3. WINNING LOTTERIES
      . 4. BREAKING OF GENERATION COURSE.
      5. GETTING OF JOB.
      6. CHILD BEARING.
      7. MONEY SPELL.
      8. CURING OF HIV AND MANY MORE.
      9. HERBAL CARE.
      10. BEAUTY SPELL.
      11. ATTRACTION SPELL.
      12. BUSINESS CHARMS.
      12 PENIS AND BUT ENLARGMENT.

      TO ENQUIRE MORE CUSTOMERS AND LOT'S MORE.. So brothers and sisters i have tested this man DR. OBILUJESU and i have found the man of my hearth back in just two weeks.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, that is the coolest blog name ever! Says the TV addict.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I like the name too! I love your blog becca

      Delete
    2. Great work of DR. OBILUJESU who help me bring back my back my divorce husband .Call him or add him up on whatsapp +2348143481000

      Male_large Thanks to Dr. Obilujesu My name is Sharon William. I am from Dubai i am here to spread the entire work of a real spell caster called Dr. Obilujesu who just helped me to retrieve back my union with my husband and make Aour relationship very stronger and brought joy and happiness into our marriage. I have been scammed by a lot of fake spell casters but i was later introduced to Dr. Obilujesu by a friend named tucker stancey to this great man who help her to restore her relationship back with his husband.He also help me and wipe away my tears. So viewers of this wonderful testimony who wants to contact him drobilujrsuspellcaster@gmail.com or
      drobilujesuspellcaster@yahoo.com or via website/ http://drobilujesuspellca.wixsite.com/drobilujesu call him on his temple number +2348143481000.

      1. GETTING YOUR EX LOVER BACK.
      2. DIVORCE SPELL.
      3. WINNING LOTTERIES
      . 4. BREAKING OF GENERATION COURSE.
      5. GETTING OF JOB.
      6. CHILD BEARING.
      7. MONEY SPELL.
      8. CURING OF HIV AND MANY MORE.
      9. HERBAL CARE.
      10. BEAUTY SPELL.
      11. ATTRACTION SPELL.
      12. BUSINESS CHARMS.
      12 PENIS AND BUT ENLARGMENT.

      TO ENQUIRE MORE CUSTOMERS AND LOT'S MORE.. So brothers and sisters i have tested this man DR. OBILUJESU and i have found the man of my hearth back in just two weeks.

      Delete
  3. After six years in marriage with my husband with 3 kids, he suddenly started going out with other women and coming home late, each time i confronted him it turns out to be a fight and he always threatened to divorce me at all time, my marriage was gradually coming to an end. i tried all i could to stop him from this unruly attitude but all proved abortive, until i saw a post in the forum about a spell caster who helps people cast spell on marriage and relationship problems, at first i doubted it but decided to give it a try, when i contacted this Spell caster Dr. ZAKI via email, he helped me cast a spell and within 4 hours my husband came back apologizing for all he has done and promised never to do such again and today we are happily together again. Contact this Great spell caster for your marriage or relationship issues via this email; dr.zakispellhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great work of DR. OBILUJESU who help me bring back my back my divorce husband .Call him or add him up on whatsapp +2348143481000

      Male_large Thanks to Dr. Obilujesu My name is Sharon William. I am from Dubai i am here to spread the entire work of a real spell caster called Dr. Obilujesu who just helped me to retrieve back my union with my husband and make Aour relationship very stronger and brought joy and happiness into our marriage. I have been scammed by a lot of fake spell casters but i was later introduced to Dr. Obilujesu by a friend named tucker stancey to this great man who help her to restore her relationship back with his husband.He also help me and wipe away my tears. So viewers of this wonderful testimony who wants to contact him drobilujrsuspellcaster@gmail.com or
      drobilujesuspellcaster@yahoo.com or via website/ http://drobilujesuspellca.wixsite.com/drobilujesu call him on his temple number +2348143481000.

      1. GETTING YOUR EX LOVER BACK.
      2. DIVORCE SPELL.
      3. WINNING LOTTERIES
      . 4. BREAKING OF GENERATION COURSE.
      5. GETTING OF JOB.
      6. CHILD BEARING.
      7. MONEY SPELL.
      8. CURING OF HIV AND MANY MORE.
      9. HERBAL CARE.
      10. BEAUTY SPELL.
      11. ATTRACTION SPELL.
      12. BUSINESS CHARMS.
      12 PENIS AND BUT ENLARGMENT.

      TO ENQUIRE MORE CUSTOMERS AND LOT'S MORE.. So brothers and sisters i have tested this man DR. OBILUJESU and i have found the man of my hearth back in just two weeks.

      Delete
  4. Hello every one my names are Clifford Esther from UK, I want to use this golden medium to appreciate Dr. Believe a great spell caster for helping me retrieving back my relationship with my ex lover when he ended and turned back on me for quite a long time now (6 months ago). He performed a spell for me and within 48 hours after the spell had been cast I receive a text from my ex saying that he is sorry for the pains and tears that he had caused me and that he will not do such thing to me again in his life. I was surprised but later accepted him back again. Anyone that is in the same line of problem or different one that want to contact a spell caster should happily contact Dr Believe now on this email address: authenticspellcast@gmail.com or authenticspellcast@yahoo.com or you can contact him through his website: https://authenticspellcast8.wixsite.com/authenticspellcast Call him through his mobile number +2348159740630

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work of DR. OBILUJESU who help me bring back my back my divorce husband .Call him or add him up on whatsapp +2348143481000

    Male_large Thanks to Dr. Obilujesu My name is Sharon William. I am from Dubai i am here to spread the entire work of a real spell caster called Dr. Obilujesu who just helped me to retrieve back my union with my husband and make Aour relationship very stronger and brought joy and happiness into our marriage. I have been scammed by a lot of fake spell casters but i was later introduced to Dr. Obilujesu by a friend named tucker stancey to this great man who help her to restore her relationship back with his husband.He also help me and wipe away my tears. So viewers of this wonderful testimony who wants to contact him drobilujrsuspellcaster@gmail.com or
    drobilujesuspellcaster@yahoo.com or via website/ http://drobilujesuspellca.wixsite.com/drobilujesu call him on his temple number +2348143481000.

    1. GETTING YOUR EX LOVER BACK.
    2. DIVORCE SPELL.
    3. WINNING LOTTERIES
    . 4. BREAKING OF GENERATION COURSE.
    5. GETTING OF JOB.
    6. CHILD BEARING.
    7. MONEY SPELL.
    8. CURING OF HIV AND MANY MORE.
    9. HERBAL CARE.
    10. BEAUTY SPELL.
    11. ATTRACTION SPELL.
    12. BUSINESS CHARMS.
    12 PENIS AND BUT ENLARGMENT.

    TO ENQUIRE MORE CUSTOMERS AND LOT'S MORE.. So brothers and sisters i have tested this man DR. OBILUJESU and i have found the man of my hearth back in just two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. TRUE LIFE TESTIMONY,TRULY GOD IS GREAT.

    THE ONLY TRUE HERBALIST WITH HOSPITAL TEST RESULTS(PROVE) OF PEOPLE HE HAVE CURED OF MANY INFECTIONS AND DISEASES,AFTER CONTACTING 3 DIFFERENT HERBALIST ONLINE,ONLY HIM COULD CURE ME OF 5 YEARS GENITAL HERPES...HE IS REAL AND GENUINE

    HOW I GOT RID OF MY 5 YEARS GENITAL HERPES WITHIN 7 DAYS,AND MY COUSIN CURED OF HIV,GOD IS AWESOME!
    THIS IS REAL,PLEASE DON'T IGNORE.Call/Text me via; +1(203)806-4318

    HIS WEBSITE;www.doctorsambolablog.wordpress.com

    I caught genital herpes from my Ex Husband in 2012,he never told me about the virus. I had it for 5 years with so many outbreak,and it affected my life.. People think herpes is really a minor skin irritation herpes has a long term effects on health. The stigma attached to this virus by ignorant people is ridiculous. Most people have herpes in one form or another,i was first taking Antiviral medicines, such as acyclovir(Zovirax), famciclovir (Famvir), and valacyclovir (Valtrex),which are recommended for treating primary genital herpes outbreaks. This medicine can be taken when an outbreak occurs. It can also be taken every day to help prevent outbreaks,it is not a total cure... I will like to tell everyone who is reading my testimony on how i got rid of my GENITAL HERPES .I was reading a comment on the internet,and i saw a testimony posted by a young lady from USA that she got rid of her GENITAL HERPES with the help of Doctor SAMBOLA,a Traditional Herbalist from Africa.So i was so happy when i saw that post,that his herbal medication Cure the virus totally.I quickly copied the herbal doctor email address and i email him within 30 minutes he respond to my mail.I explain things to him he told me not to worry that i should fill his herbal form which i did..The next day he told me that he has prepare the herbal medicine,that i should send him my home address that he want to send his HERBAL MEDICINE to me via DHL or FedEx,that was how i got the herbal medication and i used it as i was instructed.After a week later i went to see a Medical Doctor who confirmed that my herpes was no more.When i showed my friend the test result who also was having herpes,she was surprise and i also introduce her to the man and she also got cured from the same Genital herpes.I also refer my cousin to the same herbalist, who was having HIV and today she is fully cure...If you have HIV,GENITAL OR ORAL HERPES or any kind of Disease and infection,kindly contact HERBALIST SAMBOLA via this email Address;herbalistsambola@gmail.com


    He also have a herbal cure for Following DISEASES,this is not scam is 100% Real.

    -HPV
    -EBV
    -PENIS ENLARGEMENT AND WEAK ERECTION
    -VIRGINA PROBLEM
    -WHOOPING COUGH
    - HEPATITIS A,B AND C
    -FORDYCE SPOT
    -COLD SORE
    -ALS
    -LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION
    -LOW SPERM COUNT
    -MRSA(METHICILLIN-RESISTANT STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS
    -ZIKA VIRUS
    -COPD
    -STROKE
    -IMPOTENCE
    -PILE
    -HYPERTENSION
    -LOW SPERM COUNT
    -MENOPAUSE DISEASE
    -ASTHMA
    -CANCER
    -BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    -PCOS
    -SHINGLES
    -VIRAL HEPATITIS/HEPATITIS B
    -FIBROID
    -ASTHMA
    -SICKLE CELL
    -TINNITUS
    -BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    -DIARRHEA and so on...


    HE IS ALSO SPECIALIZED IN SPELL CASTING SUCH AS;

    * LOVE SPELLS TO BRING BACK EX LOVERS
    [HUSBANDS OR WIVES,BOYFRIEND OR GIRL FRIEND]
    *MONEY SPELL
    *LOTTERY SPELL
    *PREGNANCY SPELL and so on>>





    Without Hesitation Call or Contact him Today for a testimony through his WHATSAPP NO;+2348100527864/ Email _ herbalistsambola@gmail.com

    GOD IS GREAT.



    www.doctorsambolablog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete