Friday, August 8, 2014

Little life updates


"But Juliette, didn't you just publish a post like, an hour ago?"

Well yes, I did. But it was a sponsored post and I know I get a little disappointed when I go to read a blog and I feel like I'm not getting to read any actual content, and well, I don't know if my word vomit today is going to count as actual content but I figured I'd give you two posts to read if you want because I'm like super generous or something.

Oh and if you want to read my sponsored post about U by Kotex and click on all the links for me that would just be like SO cool. You'll get a free sample if you do so it's like we both win. But if you hate me for blatantly asking you to do that then I'm sorry and I won't be mad if you don't click anything. In fact you can just ignore this whole paragraph.

WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING I DO NOT KNOW.


There are so may things I want to sit down and write about, but my brain is having trouble just focusing on one thing, so I've been avoiding fleshing out anything in detail. Because of that, I'm just going to give you snippets of what's been going on in my life lately and stuff.

1) Probably the biggest thing I've been thinking about lately is what to do when my lease is up. At this point I'm planning on being in my apartment until the end of September, but after that I don't know. There are a few options and I'm not quite sure what to do yet. I could move back in with my parents for a little bit and save some money, I could try and find an apartment by myself but that's really expensive and I probably wouldn't be able to buy food, I could find a roommate but I really don't want to do that.... and some other options but I can't really blog about this in too much detail because there are so many unknowns and big decisions to make and I don't want to put all of that on the internet. But like really, what should I do?


2) Dating long distance is hard. Actually, dating in general is hard. There's another person involved in my life and when I make decisions (especially big decisions like #1) I have to make sure to keep that other person in mind and like, it's hard enough making decisions with just myself in mind. Does that make any sense? Do you know what I mean? Please tell me you do.

3) I've never been one to write too much about my weight/body on my blog (I think the only time I did was here), but for the past couple of months I've been trying to make better choices, and I've been seeing some really good results. I've been trying to be more active and hiking/jogging most days during the week, and last night I went to a barre class for the first time. Barre is like a mix of ballet, yoga, and pilates I think. Right? You can correct me if I'm wrong. It was hard but such a good workout! In addition to being more active I've been guzzling water (and peeing like 3 times an hour it feels like) and trying to make better eating choices. Like, I don't eat donuts for breakfast or candy for dinner, and I'm trying not to eat bread again. It was really hard at first but it's gotten a lot easier, and seeing results has made me want to stick with it longer than I ever have before!

Oh also when I hike I get SO sweaty and the other day I kept feeling drops of water on my shoulders and I was like, is it raining? but no, it was just sweat falling off of my head and onto my shoulders. So hot. Literally. Like, so hot and disgusting.


Also sometimes when I hike I feel like Gimli from Lord of the Rings.



4) Money. And budgeting. Last year I talked about putting myself on a budget here, and then an update on that here. I really struggle with budgeting, and sometimes I'll stay on track really well for a short amount of time, and then I'll just totally collapse and spend spend spend. The past few months were a big struggle because I was traveling a lot, I was in a wedding, I had to renew my car registration and order contacts and buy birthday gifts and ugh ugh ugh. It felt like everything just kind of dumped on me at once and everybody was like WE WANT YOUR MONEY NOW. So, I've been wanting to write about budgeting so I can hold myself accountable because if it's on the internet I can't slack off.


Ok that's all for now. I feel like I've been more transparent in this post than I have in a while and I'm starting to feel uncomfortable. 


22 comments:

  1. Awww I like this post very much, transparency and all. And I also like the way you opened with a gif scary enough to give me nightmares for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can come move in with me, if you want to move to Texas. Just saying, I'm a baller roommie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok the Joker gif had me close to spitting out my green tea. No clue why I find it so hilarious. I hope you figure out your living situation soon - I have a feeling I'm going to be in the same predicament soon lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the updates! Long distance dating is hard! My bf is 6 (boring) hours away - I can't tell you how many times I've searched for floo powder to end the nightmare of constant roadtripping. And girl, budgets are tough. You do so well and then BAM. You buy all the things. (Well at least that's what happens to me...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the same boat when it comes to budgeting - I have a goal in mind, do well for a while and then it's like all the pent up non-spending explodes into a shopping frenzy. Maybe I should blog about it to hold myself accountable too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to start budgeting too! It's just so stressful and I don't know how to wrap my head around it, and this month has been horrible! My dogs are sick and I've spent over $700 that I don't have on them -- and that's only since July 20!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can move in with me. Do you like cats?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I think you should choose the third option of point number one.... if that makes sense. Also, I can't stick with a budget to save my life. I actually think if someone was holding a gun to me and said MAKE A BUDGET AND STICK TO IT FOR A WEEK I would just tell them to go ahead and shoot me so my death would be quick and painless because I know I would fail. And that just became a very morose comment. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Long distance is a royal pain. Our wedding day was a great day for many reasons but a big one was the end of our five years of long distance. Sure, it made us stronger and we developed amazing communication but it sucked major a-hole!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your blog! Budgeting is so hard and I myself am trying this out. It just makes me cringe when life happens and all that money you saved is all of a sudden, oh no big deal, completely gone. Good luck with the apartment situation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh hello, you look gorgeous even sweating and running around. not fair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i would like to second this statement. no part of me is every cute when working out. i get super sweaty and splotchy and there are usually tears from me crying but well done! keep chugging that water and trekking those hills.

      Delete
  12. I just want you to know that reading this inspired me to go back and thoroughly read #savetheundies. So YOU'RE WELCOME for the click and THANK YOU for the free tamps. Insert thumbs up emoji here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should move in with your parents to save up before you decide to move away to live with Keith. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I applaud you for being able to stop eating candy for dinner. Teach me your ways

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm just saying there's an extra bedroom in my apartment right now and my roommate is pretty cool. Also budgeting is the hardest thing. I just want to SPEND everything but my budget says I can't. No fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for barre classes! I know I'm planning to use them to get my pre-prenancy body back as soon as I can workout again, which should be in time for sweater season - SIGH.

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha, so many things to comment on:
    1. I HATE figuring out moving situations. Not just the actual details, but then you have to pack and all that - ugh. The worst. Hope you figure it out soon!
    2. Yes, it can definitely be REALLY hard once you add a second person to your big decisions. When I decided to move from Boston to Chicago I was doing it because the opportunity came up and I wanted to be closer to my guy, but then it was hard because I didn't want to pressure my guy, so it was a sort of awkward conversation that became a-ok once I realized he was super excited about the idea. Since that decision was so huge, each decision after that (which involved both of our lives) became easier. :D long story short, it gets easier!!!
    3. yay for getting healthy! it can REALLY suck to stop eating bread - I don't know about you, but not eating bread makes me crave it sooooo badly! - but then you really do feel so so so much better!
    4. hm...I think that's it. lol sorry for the million comments!
    xox
    giedre

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was gonna say that I know someone in North Carolina who would love you as a roomie (even though you said you didn't want a roomie), but then the whole long distance dating thing came up, because that would be long long long distance. I'm, I mean she is just a selfish one. Also, you amaze me with your eating good and climbing mountains. You da bomb.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. wait - is the term "fleshing out" or "flushing out."
    i need to know. i'm going to google. i'll be right back.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ok back. i found this on the internet: "To “flesh out” an idea is to give it substance, as a sculptor adds clay flesh to a skeletal armature. To “flush out” a criminal is to drive him or her out into the open. The latter term is derived from bird-hunting, in which one flushes out a covey of quail. If you are trying to develop something further, use “flesh”; but if you are trying to reveal something hitherto concealed, use “flush.”

    i still don't know the answer. bye.

    p.s. i'm going to finish reading this post now and then leave a better comment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. budgets make me feel like an adult and i don't like feeling like an adult so i usually ignore them. which is also probably why i'm poor. whatever. kenny powers for the win. so thank you oh so much for that.

    also - i'll be your roommate. but that would also include shitler and two weird dogs also being your roommates. choose wisely.

    ReplyDelete