Friday, August 15, 2014

Dogs, wine, and injuries



Yesterday at work I got to hang out with a shitzoodle. I don't know if that's the technical term for a shih tzu/poodle but I think it's adorable and I make the rules or are you not aware of that? For a long time I was very adamant that I REALLY DON'T LIKE DOGS because they slobber and when I was 11 a Jack Russell Terrier chased me down a driveway and attacked the bell bottoms of my jeans (thank God skinny jeans weren't in style in 1999 because if they were I probably wouldn't have any ankles today) and then a Rottweiler attacked the Jack Russell and saved my life. BUT since dating Keith and his two dogs (you don't just date the guy, you date the dogs too) a fondness for furred canines has grown in my heart so yesterday when some people were going to lunch with my boss and they said, "Oh, do you think our dog is okay in the car for an hour?" I said, "YOU CAN'T LEAVE A DOG IN THE CAR I MEAN COME ON PEOPLE, BRING THAT DOG IN HERE AND I'LL WATCH HIM FOR YOU BECAUSE I'M SUCH A GREAT PERSON," and that's why I have a picture of me with a dog who sort of looks like he's being strangled and definitely looks like he wants to GTFO of my lap.

All of that has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Oh so you know how yesterday I posted about pretentious things? Well, add me to the list because the person who went to ParEEEEE for the past few weeks had some Parisian wine from the region of Bordeaux (that still means nothing to me) and all of us in the office got to drink some Chanel wine. CHANEL. As in Coco. I mean, I don't really care about Chanel except that the perfume no. 5 reminds me of my grandma. Oh and then this person brought in a bottle that had been in the cellar for years and years and had sort of started to burst and had leaked and the wine was DEFINITELY bad. But this person poured us all a glass of the nasty rotten wine and yours truly didn't know that the nasty taste meant it was bad wine... I just thought, "Oh, maybe this is what really expensive wine is supposed to taste like," and that's why I'll be sticking to Trader Joe's Pinot Grigio from here until forever.

Ok so what I really want to discuss today is this affliction on my lower leg. I noticed a bug bite the other day, and then on Wednesday night it was a little redder, and then last night it was really red. Like, the redness is spread all the way to the back of my leg, and it's kind of swollen, and it's really hot. Not sexy hot, it's temperature hot. My extensive googling has led me to believe it's MRSA or cellulitis (not to be confused with cellulite, which I KNOW I have and I don't need Google to tell me that), both of which make me really nervous and both of which require a medical professional. So I called my medically professional aunt last night (she's a nurse) and she said I should see a doctor. THEN she texted me and said, "If I could I would take you to the ER right now," which made me a little bit nervous but I just shrugged my shoulders and continued reading my book for 11 seconds and then I went to sleep. So if you want to see some pictures then keep looking and give me your opinion. It's not THAT gross.

Thursday night.
Friday morning.
Thursday during my hike. The diseased leg is the one on your left. Can you tell that it's a little swollen? I can but I stare at my legs every day so if there's ANY small change I'm like "YOU ARE DIFFERENT WHAT IS WRONG." Also I feel like my body is a mess because my right leg has all of that going on, and my left knee is scabbed and bruised, my left foot is bruised from being hit by a softball, and my left elbow is all scraped up. Super cute.

If you made it to the bottom of this post then I thank you very much and now I'm going to blatantly ask you for more favors. I've been writing some sponsored posts lately and these sponsored posts are worthless unless the links in the posts are clicked. Since I'm not above flat out asking for things, I'm going to ask you to go to this post and this post and click the links you see there. If you don't we can still be friends, like I've said before, but if you do I really appreciate it. I hope you're not annoyed by me asking you to do this. I'm trying to be as up front about it as I can be so you don't feel duped. But like I said, you can just ignore this and not do anything and I'll still like you.

ONE LAST THING. Keith will be at my house tonight and he wants to go on a hike up a rocky mountain (the one I tripped down) in the MIDDLE of the night tonight. I think he might be trying to kill me.

24 comments:

  1. Your leg looks like kind of really scary and I’d hate for you to lose it and get more attention than me when we hang out (everybody knows amputees always steal the show) and also I feel like you should probably see a doctor.

    I like your pink tennis shoes.

    Keith is DEFINITELY trying to kill you. You can go on a midnight hike with him, but I’d probably take a gun or at least a butter knife or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO TO THE DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY. I had cellulitis, went to the hospital and they told me that if I hadn't come in that day, there was a possibility they would have had to amputate my foot. That looks pretty serious. GO, GO, GO. Or else I'm going to come find you and make you drink nasty, rotten parisian wine until you go to the ER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG how have you not gone to the doctor yet?! I am kind of a hypochondriac and I can't even handle YOUR leg right now, I want to cry. I know that medical stuff costs a bazillion dollars in America, but please please please go because I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait why does he want to hike in the middle of the night., is that a thing? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chanel makes wine? It'd be cool if Chanel made tampons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should probably go to the doctor; cellulitis isn't terrible if it's treated properly, but it needs medical attention. Or it could be something worse like a DVT, which could travel to your lungs and you'd die. Sooooooooo probs go to the ER.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, go on to a doctor. I had something similar happen and mine was Staph. You don't want to play for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It kind of looks like a bug bite....but I guess if everyone else thinks it's cellulitis, you should go see the doctor....let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know that "better safe than sorry" saying? I think that applies here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you should go see a doctor about the leg. It might not be anything but if it is something more serious I wouldn't want to take a chance. Especially if it is getting worse and not improving. I hope your leg gets better soon. Love the picture of you and the dog! the look on his face is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you should definitely see a doc, for sure. And I love that you tossed in that disclaimer at the end... this is how I read it "Keith wants to go on a midnight stroll in the middle of the forrest...if I haven't blogged again by Tuesday, SEND HELP!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm just over here really hoping Keith doesn't kill you... or that weird rash thing... either way DO NOT DIE BECAUSE THEN YOU WON'T KNOW THE ANSWERS TO MY BRIDESMAID COLOR COORDINATION MAGIC!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So this actually ended with you going to the doctor, right? RIGHT?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. girl, that leg looks angry. hope you are at the doctor's office right now. also, Keith is nuts. Please wear pants and bug spray next time you hike ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hiking in the middle of the night?? That could be fun...as long as you have flashlights! OR you could be that awesome couple with matching headlamps... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your leg might fall of actually.... JK. I have no idea what it means. All I do know is that red, and hotness, and swelling means infection.

    One more thing... please VLOG with Keith before you attempt a night hike. I'd hate to never see your vlog together. I mean... I'd hate for something to happen to you....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Update us with this weird bug leg thing. I am so curious now - it looks like an allergic reaction or something??? I would go to the doc.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your next to do list item needs to be "GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!"
    Girl it's nothing to play around with...go now!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I get bug bites that look that bad all the time and they fade, but my husband was hospitalized for 3 weeks with MRSA while we were dating so I know it's no joke. Might as well check it out.
    I hope to hear it's just a bad bite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had that happen with a bug bite before, I just took benadryl and it eventually went away.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have bumps on my face and I can't tell if they are pimples or some weird bug bites. They hurt and I am worried I got bit by a spider and the venom is invading my face so I hope you don't have that going on with your leg. I also have a bump on my jaw/by my ear and I can't tell if THAT is a pimple or a swollen lymph node and I just wish these bumps would go away. But this isn't about me because I should just write my own blog post about this.. I would highly suggest you get it checked out as well! And maybe consider not going hiking in the middle of the night?

    ReplyDelete
  22. haha! I just found your blog, but you crack me up. I'm in the same boat on the sponsored posts- find mine here! http://www.feathersandstripes.com/2014/08/dorm-essentials-with-kleenex.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nighttime hikes? But what about snakes and boars and bears and ALL THOSE BUGS that come out at night??? I trip over air, there's no way I would make it out alive from a night hike!

    ReplyDelete