Neon colors were my jam. I also had a shag bedspread -- shag on one side and satiny on the other. Super classy, right? By my junior year I had moved away from the neon and into the "PUT EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE" phase of my life. Photos covered the walls and clutter covered the floor. I didn't have all the things I needed because THERE WERE NO GOOD LISTS.
4) Earplugs. These were a life saver for me. Dorm rooms are loud, and earplugs kept out the noise so I could fall asleep at night or nap during the day.
5) Shower shoes. Get yourself some cheap flip flops to use exclusively in the shower. The shower floor is a breeding ground for bacteria, fungus, and general grossness, and if you have your designated shower shoes you can avoid all the gross stuff. DO NOT TAKE A SHOWER WITHOUT YOUR SHOWER SHOES. Check out Wal Mart for some great deals on shower shoes.
6) Makeup removing wipes. Sometimes you don't want to walk down the hallway to the shared bathroom just to wash your face. Give yourself a swipe with some makeup removing wipes and you're set for a night of restful sleep.
7) Bedside lamp. You will have a roommate, and your roommate will have a different bedtime than you do. If your roommate goes to sleep before you, it's polite to turn off the overhead light and use your bedside lamp so she can get as much sleep as she needs. Plus, when you're ready to fall asleep you don't have to get out of your cozy bed to turn the light off. Another bonus is that your Kleenex Oval Tissue Chevron Design will probably look great next to your lamp! Your local Wal Mart Superstore has a great selection from which to choose the perfect lamp for you!
8) Shower caddy. You can get an actual shower caddy from your local Walmart Superstore, or you can get another bucket with holes in it from the same Wal Mart, and all your shower supplies will be kept together, so when you're walking to the bathroom in your shower shoes you don't have to fumble with all your different lotions and potions.
9) Decor. You'll want to make the room feel like your own. Buy some frames from Wal Mart and bring along some framed pictures of your friends and family, get posters of your favorite movies/celebrities, hang your favorite sayings on the wall.
10) Laundry hamper. Because who wants to be that person carrying a load of loose clothing to the laundry room? You need to keep everything together so you're not trailing socks and UNMENTIONABLES behind you.
You can find all of these items (AND MORE!) at your local Wal Mart Superstore. Click here to find the Wal Mart nearest you! And I'm serious about the Kleenex Expression Oval Tissue Chevron Design. They're affordable and decorative and you won't regret purchasing them!