Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Things that make me go, "Hmmmm...."

Today's prompt: Things that make you go, "Hmmm...." and if you need a refresher, a list of the prompts can be found here. We're almost done! I don't know what I'm going to do in August... I won't have this challenge to force me into blogging every day so chances are pretty good I might go back to my usually 2 or 3 times a week posts. But anyway let's not talk about the future right now and let's just stay in the nice comfortable present and go with all the "Hmmmm's."

-Ok probably the thing I question and don't understand most often is this: How am I not bald??? I ask this most often when I'm in the bathroom and see hair covering the counter and the floor, and in the shower when I run the conditioner through my hair and pull so much out. I know it's normal for strands of hair to come out of your head during the day, but like, there is SO MUCH HAIR in my bathroom. And in my car. When I was in that wedding in May I drove some of the girls to get Starbucks on the morning of the wedding and one of the girls said, "Juliette, do you have a dog?" And I was like, "Uh, no... why?" And she got all uncomfortable and I could tell she wanted to just drop it but I have this problem where I don't let things go, so finally she said, "Well, it's just that there's a lot of hair in your car." And then when I was looking for a gas station she said, "Oh, you could go to that gas station because they have a car wash!" And I looked at her very seriously and said, "Um, what are you trying to tell me?" But she couldn't tell that I was just joking and she got really uncomfortable and then I turned the radio on really loud. Wow, hi there tangent, didn't see you there.

- How is my niece SO freaking adorable? 

-Who was the first person to look at a chicken and think, "Yep, I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes out of that animal's butt." ??

-What exactly was wrong with my shneck? By the time I went to the doctor it wasn't hurting anymore but I figured better safe than sorry, so I shelled out $60 for him to say, "Well, it looks fine now. It was probably tendinitis but there's nothing to do now so if it hurts again just call and we'll try to get you in a little sooner." Aw how sweet, you'll try to not make me wait a month for an appointment? Such a gem, you are. But last night in softball I got beaned in that shoulder by the ball so maybe that will make my random phantom injury occur again. Who knows.

-Why are we having so much humidity here??? Last night at that softball game I felt like I was swimming. There was sweat everywhere and my pants kept slipping and when I'd pull them up I kept giving myself a wedgie and I'm blaming the humidity for everything. I mean, yeah it's only like 53% but we're spoiled here and when you're used to 0% humidity anything above that feels like cruel and unusual punishment.

-Any time I think about like, math or chemistry or biology or physics or the stock market I always glaze and say, "Hmmmm?" so there's that.

-Do people actually think platform sneakers are a good look? Hmmm?

-This Google Glass business... who is using this, hmmm? And why exactly is it useful? Because I feel like it mostly just makes people look like big ol' bags o' douchery.

-Yesterday I read an article about people who are going to take a one way trip to Mars and see if it could ever be an inhabitable environment (at least that's what I got from it, maybe I'm wrong, who really knows). Space freaked me out even before Gravity came out, and I cannot understand why people would want to be like, "So long, peace out earth, I'm gonna go try and live on the Red Planet and it probably won't work out but I'm never ever ever ever ever coming back because the technology to bring me back does not exist." Although I guess maybe an argument could be made that the limit to which they are willing to go in the name of science does not exist... whatever. I still say, "Hmmm?" and plan on staying on earth.

That's all for now. Catch ya on the flippity flip.

Allieology

21 comments:

  1. Okay but seriously, re: the bald thing. I don’t understand either!!!! I pull SO MANY hairs from my head and thank goodness I guess there are more? Idk. One day we can buy fabulous wigs and never have to worry about fixing our hair again. And awwww you’re wearing the sparkle earrings in the picture with baby Kate and I can see now because it’s so big and my heart is full of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG my hair does that too.. its ridiculous how much hair I lose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG my hubs asks me all the time how I am not bald!!! I swear I clean my brush out once a week and it is FULL! At least there are plenty of us going through it lol!! And your niece is beautiful!!!

    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I went to space camp (in 2001) we had to write about what we thought life would be like in 2030 and I wrote about people living on mars.

    PS at SIX AM yesterday, the humidity here was 87%

    ReplyDelete
  5. I literally don't even know what a day with 53% humidity would even feel like. We had 98% yesterday and I thought i was going to THROW UP. I'll come visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your comment about the humidity made me laugh, along with the GIF of Will Ferrel...lol "milk was a bad choice". One of my fave quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So if it makes you feel any better the humidity here (Pennsylvania) is 69% and is supposed to jump to 82% by tonight. GAG. And I lose a lot of hair, too. Embrace the fact that your scalp just grows hair quickly in order to replenish :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This Mars thing is intriguing... but I think that everyone should be able to vote on what 4 people we want to send away forever. Because that seems like it could be a lot more fun for everyone that is not those 4 people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. But your niece is just so cute. Google glass freaks me outtttt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also shed a lot. It's freakish that I even have hair left.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so with you on the whole space thing. The ocean and space are two big unkowns that I am fine with keeping that way.

    www.goingupupandaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I honestly can’t comprehend how I still have hair on my head either. I can easily run my hands thru my hair at any given moment and a handful of hair will come out. Also, the chicken butt one made me laugh and also go hmmmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We can just be bald together one day. Baby Kate's cuteness is just too much to handle! And the chicken butt one literally made me lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh sweet lord, WHY leave earth if theres no way to come back!? Freaky, so no don't sign me up for that. Your niece is gorgeous! Our humidity is a nice 85% today, I'd kill for 53% humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've read the Mars article too. What are those crazy people thinking? Some of them are married with kids. I can't get my husband to agree with me where we should go on vacation. How are these people convincing their spouses that they should take a one way ticket to Mars?

    ReplyDelete
  16. How is everyone's comment about Mars or hair but no one is pointing out that your niece is giving the perfect DAFUQ IS DIS? look.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We think so many of the same things. My family thinks I am crazy because space actually freaks me out. My hair is awful and I should be bald with how much I shed, but then it grows with a vengeance, I look like a lion with humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nothing made me go Hmmmmm like that article on a one way ticket to Mars. I mean really, who does that?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I lose so much hair too. Like a ridiculous amount. I read online its normal to lose 100 hairs a day. i figure as long as it doesn't seem like more than that i'm sure i'm fine. also, your niece is the cutest thing ever and her face is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh yeah...platform sneakers? I just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i blacked out from baby cuteness and didn't even read the rest of this post.

    ReplyDelete