Wednesday, July 16, 2014

That's the blog, uh huh uh huh, I like it, uh huh uh huh

I don't really have any complaints today because even though last night I drank a lot of really cheap ($2.49 Charles Shaw) pinot grigio last night and ate popsicles for dinner, I'm feeling pretty good this morning.... even though the humidity is at 68% and for my town where the humidity is usually at 0% or MAYBE 2% on a bad day, this is cruel and unusual punishment. Today's prompt is "Top 3 favorite blogs." Tomorrow's is "all about your city" and if you'd like a refresher of the complete list you may find that here. So, let's just get to it, shall we?



I was introduced to Grace from Camp Patton over a year ago by a non-blogger: Jacey, and I'm not kidding when I tell you that every day I wait with bated breath (totally thought the spelling was "baited" like fish on a hook but a quick google search humbled me and almost made me choose a new phrase) for a new post to pop up. She is married to Simon, an OB-GYN resident, and they have four kids: Julia, Sebastian, Theodore, and Phoebe. Some of my (and I think everybody's) favorite posts by Grace are her "Julia Styles" posts, where she write down the hilarious things Julia says. Also there are pictures. Here are some links for you: Julia Styles. Julia Styles. Julia Styles. Just go click around and read her posts because they're all amazing and she tells it like it is... even when Sebastian dumps window cleaner all over her laptop keyboard or the other kids get into some shenanigans.


Lindsay lives in Texas with her husband of almost a year and her two dumpster cats. Her constant gushing over her love of pinot grigio inspired me to buy some for cheap at Trader Joe's last night, and she is one of the funniest people I know, f'real. She's an amazing writer and she has so many funny stories. For example, this story about a bathing suit mishap, the time her husband BUILT A COMPUTER, when Andy first said "I love you," but wasn't saying it to her, and oh, she cooks. Here and here are some food posts but don't say I didn't warn you that they might make you hungry. Lindsay is also writing a book, and I honestly can't even explain how excited I am about that. I promise you won't be disappointed if when you click over to her blog and follow her on Twitter. Just do it. She's an awesome person/blogger/friend and you should ask her about her dumpster cats and then you should be jealous of her beautiful hair and eye shadow. Plus, she's hilarious.

Honorable Mentions
Shannon @ Gin and Bare It
Rachael @ The Rachael Way

Sorry if you feel like I cheated. Life is hard sometimes, guys. And I've only had one cup of coffee. But you're welcome for basically being a procrastination station for you today. You have so much clicking to do!

Allieology

14 comments:

  1. There goes my morning, more blogs to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU SO MUCH you are seriously making me blush over here. Oh and the eyeshadow is Maybelline Color Tattoo (the cream gel one) in Bad to the Bronze. You need to get it, it’s the perfect shade and it lasts forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes and yes. Love everyone listed <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stalking Lindsey was fun! THANKS FOR THE SHOUTOUT BBYGURL love yew

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just recently started reading Lindsay's blog and she is hilarious! Also, I didn't do the prompt today because I couldn't choose just three blogs so really I'm the cheater. Also, its 82 degrees today with 52% humidity which is AWESOME because lately it's been 94 degrees with 90+ humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh you're the very best!! Thanks lady!! Makes up for the week - 100%!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It took me a few reads to get the blog post title! lol But I finally got it! FIrst day linking up for me! Love your blog, especially all the Mean Girls references! :) New follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa. Flattered.

    Can I pretend like best for last? Who am I kidding? I totally am going to pretend that REGARDLESS of your answer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honorable Mention? I'm so flattered I can't even handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I freaking love Wife in Training! She is too damn funny. Also never heard of Camp Patton but SO glad you've introduced me. Commence blog stalking NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm just . . . so jealous of your title. I tried so hard to think of something witty! Go you!

    ReplyDelete