Thursday, July 10, 2014

Summer is not my favorite

I was not involved in choosing today's prompt, but since my name is on the button and I've been peer pressured into participating, I will write about summer. But I will not write about what I love about summer because there's really only one thing. I'll tell you about that later, I mean I can't just give everything away in the first paragraph.


I actually really hate summer. Last year I wrote a post about why I hate summer, but that was a year ago so it's totally fine to write about it again. When I was in school I looked forward to summer just like everybody else, because hello, I wouldn't have school and I got to go to summer camp. Plus the town where I grew up was always chilly and foggy, and in the summer it was never hot. At least not that I remember. But thanks to global warming (probably) my town now sees a couple of days a year that his above 100 degrees and that makes me want to rage but I'm too hot and sweaty to do anything except lie down in my misery with a fan blowing on me (because very few houses here have air conditioning).



One thing I hate about summer is the tourists. Lots of people come to San Luis during the summer, because there are great wineries, the beach, a fun downtown, music at the mission, the Madonna Inn, and there are elephant seals and a castle nearby. Oh and ps Lady Gaga filmed her G.U.Y. music video at the castle - Hearst Castle. But anyway, these tourists come into my town not knowing which streets are only one way so you have to be extra careful not to hit anybody, they make the lines at my favorite little restaurants really long, and they just make me crazy in general because I don't like crowds. Doesn't this make me sound like a lovely person? I'm sure you want to hang out with me even more after reading this paragraph.



I also hate summer because I really hate the beach. Actually, what I hate is the sand. Sand gets in places where you definitely don't want sand, and you'll find sand in crevices you didn't even know you had several days after you go to the beach. Or maybe that was just me because growing up I would make sand angels and pretend like they were snow angels. But the beach is usually pretty crowded because um, even though the sand sucks, it's all really really beautiful and I don't blame people for wanting to go there. I would just rather sit at a restaurant and drink a mimosa and eat some bacon than rest my donk on a towel in the sand... although some of the best naps I've ever had were on a towel at the beach so this paragraph is one giant contradiction.

The clothes. In summer it's hot so you can't wear jeans and sweatshirts unless you want to walk around melting. It's the time of year when you have to wear shorts, or sundresses, or swimsuits or whatever, and all of those require things I hate: shaving, thigh chafing, and jiggling. Give me jeans/sweats and a sweatshirt and let me cover up any day, please. Pretty please. I mean, I went into Old Navy yesterday and tried on some shorts and immediately handed them back to the salesperson and walked out and put sweat pants on. Not in public. No.



The sun. I would have been a great Cullen, because I love foggy and rainy days. Sunny days make me sweat more than normal (and normal for me is already above average for everyone else), and that makes me feel stinky and sticky and gross and no amount of ice cold Diet Coke makes me feel better. I'm just eternally grateful that where I live it doesn't get humid, because wet heat is way way way worse than dry heat.


Since I promised I'd tell you the thing I do love about summer, here you go: summer nights. I love summer evenings because it's usually the perfect temperature to be outside like, at a restaurant with friends, or on the patio with a book, or going for a walk or something. Over the weekend Keith and I had dinner with his parents on their deck and I wish I had taken a picture because it was just beautiful. If the whole day could be like the evening I would be pretty happy.

There you go. Summer Scrooge out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meet Jackie, from Our Nashville Life!


Jackie is a North East native who moved to Nashville to be with her boyfriend-turned-husband a couple of years ago. She writes very candidly (which I appreciate!) about many different things. One of the posts she has written that I love is "Why Katherine Heigl needs to get over herself." Jackie, I agree with your feelings toward Katherine! I also enjoyed reading this post about her wedding day... she was honest about her feelings toward her (absolutely beautiful) wedding and the things she loved and the things she wishes she could have changed! To get to know Jackie a little better you can read this post where she has written fun facts about herself and answered some questions. I love getting to know other bloggers through posts like these! And if you want to get to know Jackie better (trust me, you do), I've conveniently provided her links. Click click click away!
Blog
Bloglovin'
Twitter
Instagram


Allieology

24 comments:

  1. I would die without air conditioning. I actually ruled out a college because when I went to visit the tour guide told me the dorms didn't have AC and I told him he could end the tour because I wasn't going there. He thought I was kidding (I wasn't). I am a cheap ass normally but will totally pay a huge electricity bill to have my house on 70 degrees at all times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. Thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family?

      Hello to every one out here, am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me three days ago, My name is Jeffrey Dowling,i live in TEXAS,USA.and I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.(bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website http://bravespellcaster.yolasite.com,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to “bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.{bravespellcaster@gmail.com} , Thanks.

      Delete
  2. But you forgot that your birthday is in the summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like you would be a very happy resident of Seattle. Just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha that guy in the crowd is super creepy!
    The humidity and heat here in AL are almost unbearable but summer is my fave....now if only work gave us summer breaks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Oh so many things I don't like about summer and you pretty much nailed all of them on the head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL..... So many of the things you hate about summer, I also hate about summer. And, I'm in Florida, so I have wet heat.

    I tried to play along with this prompt, but yeah...... It's pretty much my least favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are a pretty foggy and rainy town too, but somehow we've been getting a ton more sun lately! I'm not complaining though because I am getting my tan on :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can totally relate to the heat situation- just sticking to all the seats. It's the worst when it's so hot outside 100+ and you think... I'm going to go
    for a nice cooling swim.... But because it's so hot out all pools are about 85 degrees... It's the worst!

    Don't worry, fall is coming! (At least according to hobby lobby and all their fall decor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dislike summer as well. Living in Seattle we get anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks in the summer that are "scorching" (like 90's) and no one has air conditioning because there is no reason to here. So I am basically miserable for a month each year and I just hate it. I love all the colors, holidays, and fashion in Fall/Winter/Spring (in that order), but summer is just hot and annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still can't get over your lack of air conditioning. HOW DO YOU LIVE.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will agree that I don't like having to wear shorts and bare my legs. I am not a fan of my legs so I don't like to let them be seen but I just have to suck it up because of the heat. Although, I guess I'm fortunate because it takes a LOT for me to sweat. Like, over 90 degrees for me to sweat

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't understand the no air conditioning thing! I live in the coldest place on earth (according to me, anyways) and absolutely everywhere you go is air conditioned

    Also, summer is the best. Okay, byeeee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man -- thigh chaffing! Worst thing EVER. Well, that and trying to get out of your car and knowing that you're going to peel a layer of skin off your legs because they are literally stuck to your leather seats. Ugh. But welcome to NC -- where the humidity hovers around 70% ALL.DAY.LONG.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thigh chaffing is the WORST. But other than that, I love summer. LOVE IT. But maybe because I spend 80% of my outdoor time on a boat/in a pool/on the river/etc. Also I have a pool like 10 yards from my apartment door. Also I just really love not being cold. I think I would be one of those people who got seasonal depression if I lived anywhere where it snowed all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also hate summer! He will get really mad at me because I am definitely more of a winter girl. But who can be jeans and sweatshirts honestly!? I live where it is definitely a wet heat it's always sticky humidity is oppressive and it makes you just want to lay on the cold floor and not move for days and he buckets of ice cream! I totally agree with the little cartoon in your post today sad and fat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the great write up <3 I have a love/hate with summer. All winter long I can't wait for it. Then soon as it's warm I'm melting and dying.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOLOLOLOL i feel the exact same way! I thought I was the only one!!! And sand is THE WORST

    ReplyDelete
  18. i was at a bar last night and was stuck to the chair in my own sweat. it was a less than idea situation to say the least

    ReplyDelete


  19. Thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family?

    Hello to every one out here, am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me three days ago, My name is Jeffrey Dowling,i live in TEXAS,USA.and I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.(bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website http://bravespellcaster.yolasite.com,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to “bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.{bravespellcaster@gmail.com} , Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty much rocked my world with this post because it just proves we are one in the same. Except that part about summer nights. Here, summer nights are probably the temperature of your summer day and humidity never goes away.

    Also. Gotta go read that thing I'm supposed to read.

    ReplyDelete


  21. How to restore a broken relationship and marriage ,Love Spells That Really Work Fast

    My name is Mark Davis, my family and i live in NY USA.It was after seven years i got to discover that my wife was unfaithful to me.I didn't know what was going on at first but as she got deep in the affair with her new lover, i felt that our marriage was on the rocks.I notice that she no longer light up when i touch her or kiss her in her neck and her chest cos she really liked it when i did that, she also usually get naked in front of me but when she started seeing that guy she stopped it.I remember asking her if i have done anything that makes her feel irritated when i am around her then she gives silly excuses that she has been feeling stressed up and that she need space for a while.I know when you are been asked for space its usually because there is something fishy is going on.I hired a private investigator to help find out what was going on.And in a week time he brought me prove that my wife that i have lived with for seven straight year is cheating on me with her high school lover.I had picture of her walking out a of a restaurant with him and many other photo of them kissing in public like she will never be caught by someone that knows she is my wife.I asked myself, even when we had a daughter together she could this to me.That same night i showed her the pictures that i got from my private investigator.She didn't look at it before saying, that she is seeing someone and she know that i just found out about it.Then she said that she is in love with him.At that moment, i didn't know if to kill myself or to kill her but the button line is that if i was going to kill anyone it was going to be me cos i was so much in love with her to even think of thinking to hurt her.As time when on she asked for a divorce and got it and even got custody of our daughter and i was all alone by myself.For a year i tried all i could to get her back with the help of my seven year old daughter.Even at that all effect was in vain, i used the help of her friend but turned out all bad.I know most people don't believe in spell casting but believe me this was my last option and the result i most say was impressive.And i know it difficult to believe but A SPELL CASTER Dr brave really made my life much better cos he gave me my family back.He didn't ask me to pay for what he did for me all i was to do, was to provide the materials for the spell and believe that he had the power to help me.Like he said, he was going to do something that will make her reset her love and affection for me just as it has always been.My wife told me she woke up and realized that she should have never left me that i am all she needs.To make thing clear, her life with her high school lover was great before Dr brave castled the spell they had no disagreement on anything.The guy said it himself that why she broke up with him is unexplainable.Only Dr.Brave can do such a thing contact him to solve your problem with his email:bravespellcaster@gmail.com ,or kindly visit he website http://bravespellcaster.yolasite.com .CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am 100% with you on this! I hate summer, and I love cold/foggy days. I need to move to London or something immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  23. One thing that most people hate about summer is the extreme heat. It's very annoying, especially when you have to do certain project, but the heat makes you uncomfortable. In those trying times, your best friend is your AC unit. That’s why you have to take care of it, so that it could last longer and work at optimal levels at all times.

    Will Merritt @ Patterson Heating & Air, Inc.

    ReplyDelete