Monday, July 21, 2014

My day in GIFs

UGHHHHH today's prompt is to write about your day in GIFs? But I HATE GIFs. Hahahaha just kidding. I love GIFs. Everybody knows that. I apologize right now if all these GIFs make your computer slow or if they don't work properly on your phone, but I don't know what to do about that so let's just look at some moving pictures and be entertained.

On a normal weekday I set 5 alarms: 5:45, 5:48, 6:10, 6:15, and 6:25. I usually get woken up by that stupid bird outside my window around 5:30, and I shut off all the alarms until 6:15. They I don't usually get up until 6:30 and I always want to murder my alarm clock when it goes off for the last time.


Then I like, put my face together. I have a routine and I never waver from it. What's that? You want to know what it is? Ok. Wash face brush teeth do hair do makeup get dresses. I've gotten pretty good at doing all of that when I'm half asleep. Then I give some shirts the smell test to see if I can wear them once more before washing them, and that's how I get ready for work.


I have to leave by 6:55 to get to work at 7. Yeah I know, my commute sucks SO bad. I have a desk job so I mostly just sit at a computer all day and make phone calls and try to avoid getting my boss coffee and sometimes I think about crawling under my desk and taking a siesta but I never do because I think the floor is gross and plus I think I'd get in trouble for sleeping at work.


But sometimes I'm so tired that I feel like this adorable bunny.



Let's see... lunch happens around 1230 and I have a schedule for those. Mondays I meet my dad, Tuesday and Thursdays I have lunch with my Grandma, Wednesdays I go home and take a nap, and Fridays I meet my mom, sister, and niece. This is really great whenever my boss wants to have lunch because I can just tell him how busy I am and how it won't work out ... bummer dude.

Sometimes my work gets pretty exciting, like when a light bulb goes out and everybody decides I'm the one who gets to replace it so I have to stand on my desk in heels and try to reach the light. Probably the most exciting days are when my boss decides we're going to have happy hour at work. That's actually my favorite.



Once 4pm rolls around I scurry my patootie out of the office and into my car as fast as possible.

Sorry about the F-word.
When I get home it's usually about .05 seconds until I've put on the baggiest, least attractive sweat pants and T-shirt I own and have set myself up on the couch with Netflix and popsicles.  


And then 8pm comes around and it's time to get ready for bed. Then around 9 I'll call Keith and we'll be on the phone for like, 20 minutes to an hour and we usually hang up when I start talking gibberish because I accidentally fell asleep on the phone. And that's pretty much it. Sometimes it varies a little, like sometimes I actually eat dinner instead of just sucking on popsicles, and sometimes I watch About Time instead of watching Netflix, and every once in a blue moon one of my friends will come over or something, but for the most part this is what my day looks like. Exciting, RIGHT? I know. You're welcome.


Allieology

25 comments:

  1. I love your day. I want to come over and wear baggy sweatpants and watch Netflix with you. I’ll even spring for the $3 Chuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE LLAMA. I love him and his sassyness. Also, I think I'll start flying out to SLO on Wednesdays and take that lunch date spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baha that was perfect. Happy Hour at WORK?! I wish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your day sounds like my day only my work day ends at 5, but as soon as I'm home hellow sweats and netflix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahha I love that llama gif! Actually all the gifs you chose are awesome. I go to bed early too, but that doesn't matter because I'm still tired as hell when I wake up at 5:30!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5 minutes to work..oh how I envy your commute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so jealous of your work happy hour!!! And changing into sweatpants is my favorite part of every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your day would be a lot cooler if there was a part that said "Hang out with Sami" just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally feel you on wanting to take naps at work. Being awake is hard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm on my way, with vodka, for the netflix lazy part of your day, thanks.

    Also... that llama is everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your day, the bunny at the end so cute. I want to come over and be in baggy sweats and tshirts tooooooo. I also wish I could go out for lunch :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw that llama gift last week and almost peed my pants it was so hilarious. Actually, just click this link and thank me later.
    http://thechive.com/2014/07/17/llamas-sloths-same-difference-17-photos/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your days sound pretty good to me.. Especially the 5 minute commute to work and your after work routine. Plus, I wish I was popular enough to have lunch out with someone every day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! And I'm with you on rushing home to put myself in sweatpants and pile up in front of the tv!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha! I love those nap gifs! The desire to take a siesta at work is so real, especially after a good lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love that llama. Where do I get one? Wait, I have to go watch the GIF a few more times . . . hahahaha, it's still hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to get a new desk that you can't see under so I can have naps at work like George

    ReplyDelete
  18. omg, the llama. Seriously dying. Thanks for making my monday a little brighter!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The bunny at the end really ties it all together. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that we used the same waking up gif. And that llama knows what's up.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Llama is the best. I'm literally cracking up.

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is my life!!! Especially the baggiest, least attractive sweat pants & tshirt part. :)

    ReplyDelete