Friday, July 25, 2014

I'm addicted to my iPhone

Hey. Hi. What's up? Today's prompt is to discuss our favorite apps. I really wish I had some fantastic apps that nobody had heard of before that after seeing on my blog you'd all be like, "Wow, that Juliette is so cool and ahead of the game!" But I know that's not the case. So I'm just going to share with you the apps I use most often, not including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Those are a given, right? Unless you're Keith and you don't have ANY of those apps. Or Jacey and you only have Instagram. How do these people live and deal with boredom? It doesn't matter. I'm not talking about them today, I'm talking about apps.

What I wish I was talking about was how I got the Netgear people to replace my router for me without making me pay to extend a stupid software warranty. I also want to write about how I got totally judged for not having a computer. When I was finally able to speak to a supervisor he wanted me to pull out a laptop and see if I could connect it to the internet and I kept telling him, "Steven, I don't HAVE a computer." He kept asking me if I could "arrange to have a computer" brought to my house and when I said "NO" he totally judged me so I said "I'm sorry I don't have any friends" which was a lie but I was mad and wanted to make him feel guilty and I think it worked. Anyway, that's what I would write about if I wasn't doing this prompt.

OH YOU GUYS. Tomorrow's prompt is "A photo an hour" sooooo if you want to do that I'd highly suggest you take your photos today. Also, Sunday's prompt is to interview somebody and I'll post the questions for that interview at the end of the post. 

One more thing: I have an iPhone but I'm pretty sure all of these apps are available on other smartphones. If not it's not my problem and I'm sorry for your life.
Afterlight

Afterlight is what I use to edit photos. I'm sure you can search tutorials online, but I figured out the filters and everything I like by trial and error. For filters I like "Captain" in the Original folder, and I like "Russ" in the Guest folder. I also have no idea what contrast and clarity and saturation are or how you're supposed to use them but I do anyway. Basically I just fiddle with things until I decide my picture is satisfactory. 

Skype

Skype is wonderful for long-distance relationships, both romantic and platonic. (I almost wrote platonical, can I get another cup of coffee?) Keith and I always say "We should talk over Skype!" but then we only do like, once a week. But whenever we do it's been great. I've also used it to talk to my long-distance friends (shout out to Faith, Lindsay, and Rachael) and there's a small chance alcohol may have been involved which makes it even better.

InstaFit

One of the annoying things about Instagram is that it forces you to make your photo fit into a square box. WELL INSTAGRAM, SOMETIMES MY PICTURES AREN'T PERFECT SQUARES. InstaFit allows me to adjust my pictures so that a rectangular picture can fit in the square. Does that make sense? I know there are a ton of other apps that do this, but InstaFit is what I use.

Netflix
I have to watch Netflix on my phone because my computer doesn't like me. I guess that's what happens when you try to keep an 8 year old laptop alive... it just poops out on you. Max the computer, you're a jerk. Anyway, I love Netflix. And I love the above photo slash GIF even more.

Hulu Plus

I know I know, it's basically Netflix. EXCEPT IT'S NOT. Hulu Plus is where I can watch The Mindy Project and current seasons of other shows. It's how I watch Grey's Anatomy, Revenge, Scandal, Parenthood... all my favorite shows that I can't watch in real time because I don't have cable. The only thing I hate is that it has commercials, but those are convenient if I have to use the restroom.

Honorable mention: 2048. But ever since I got the 8192 tile I've kind of quit playing.

Questions for Sunday's interview:

What's your hidden talent?
What's your favorite TV show?
Name someone you admire.
Who is Canadia's current Prime Minister? (No it's not Hugh Grand from Love, Actually)
Do you prefer cake or pie?
If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
What's your favorite memory of (or with) me?
Quote a movie, any movie, right now.
Did the last question give you a little bit of anxiety?
Name something inappropriate you always laugh at.

If you want to add any questions, you're allowed to. I won't tell the blog police. 
Allieology



19 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm missing out as an Android user when it comes to Afterlight. Everyone I know with an iPhone brags about that app. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love the "its not my problem and I'm sorry for your life.." True story for anyone without an iphone

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg Juliette, you can't just ask Netflix why it's white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "If not it's not my problem and I'm sorry for your life." is going to be how I respond to EVERYTHING today now. Also, I totally didn't know about instafit and it's always pissed me off that Afterlight didn't offer that and now I'm excited so heeyyyy Juliette you're way cool and so ahead of the times (compared to me, at least) on the intstafit front. Woop. Also, congrats on your Netgear domination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO at the Netflix logo (my wireless at home is named "You Can't Sit With Us." ).

    ReplyDelete
  6. “It’s not my problem and I’m sorry for your life.” We really need to drink together again soon over Skype.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wah I've only gotten the 1024 tile (like 8 times); why is my life so hard?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still have to search for the Netflix app on my phone because I forget that it changed...

    ReplyDelete
  9. And now I have a new app on my phone - instafit. YOU'RE A GENIUS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not going to lie, when I saw "Instafit" I was really hoping it was an app that made you skinny in pictures. But, I am still downloading it because it will make my instagramming life a lot easier now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will I be able to quit after I reach 8192? Because I thought I'd become un-addicted after 2048 but that wasn't enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I saw that new Netflix LOGO I was like WTF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am going to have to download that Instafit. I was just talking about that problem last night!

    ReplyDelete
  14. No bueno on the new Netflix logo. I always search through my phone and never see Netflix on the first go.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Netflix and Hulu are the perfect combo - ALL.THE.OLD + ALL.THE.NEW = ALL.THE.SHOWS!! Love love love . . . I concur on the new logo though. It is very hard to find among my other apps and you named your 8 yr old laptop Max.. I have a 5 year old Dell who is on her last legs. The back light is constantly going out and the updates will go on for hours and hours at a time, but I will not buy a new one until SHE.DIES. and is DEAD. :) Now that everyone is checking out Instafit, I must check out instafit... just another way to cram my phone with stuff so it doesn't work right either...haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just can't help but be all like "instafit...#twss hahahahahahaha"

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do not understand the new netflix logo. Like if I'm watching netflix at night and that screen pops up I'm like NO *blinded*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Buy & sell new and used iPhones.
    Wide selection of new and used iPhones for sale.
    More at website

    ReplyDelete
  19. There are really lots of apps that were launched for fun, entertainment and educational purposes. Users usually install apps by what suits their hobbies and interests. Anyway, I can only imagine the apps that you’ve been using on your iPhone. I do hope you won’t experience any bug that might spoil your fun. Thanks for sharing all about that! All the best to you! :)

    Bryan Barnes @ Cell Phone Repair Indianapolis

    ReplyDelete