Friday, July 18, 2014

Five (least) Favorites

Today's topic is "five favorites" and uhhhh I'm changing the rules for myself because I feel like it and it's Friday and I do what I want and also remember how I wasn't involved in choosing topics for these posts? I mean most of the time I love the topics and Faith and Allie have done a great job of picking them out but today's just isn't gonna work for me because I'm breathing out of my grumpy gills. So I'm turning today's post into my Five Least Favorites. Everybody likes a little cynicism, right?

Five Least Favorite Things

1. The stupid crustless pot pie I had for dinner last night.
I went to Target last night because when I went the night before I had forgotten to get eye makeup remover, and Lindsay had told me to get a particular type of eyeshadow (she posted about it today so go read it and buy it and love it) but like a good forgetful woman I forgot to get both of those things because I was hungry. So I went to the frozen "Meals for One" aisle to help tame the growling of my belly. Seeing the "Meals for One" sign has always annoyed me because I've never been a fan of inanimate objects making fun of my singleness, and even though I'm not single right now, I was alone last night and I just felt mocked by that stupid sign.

Then it got worse because I really wanted a teriyaki chicken and rice thing from Smart Ones but THEY WERE OUT OF IT and when I realized this my face was just disbelief, like Libby the llama:

So I ended up getting a stupid crustless pot pie and I took a picture to show you guys what regurgitated food looks like. The sauce it was in was disgusting and it just made me sad eating it and I'm never eating pot pies again. No, not even with the crust. Ugh. I need to start cooking.


2. My short fingernails.
The other night I was cleaning cleaning cleaning and I cleaned so hard that I broke two of my nails. Remember how I've been so proud of myself for growing out my nails and doing my home french manicures and stuff? Those days are over because I had to cut them all and I was too lazy to get the nail polish remover and wipe off pieces of clear and white polish and now they just look like garbage and everything is stupid.

3. That stupid bird that wakes me up at 5:30 every. single. AM.
Have you seen Failure to Launch? The movie with Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew McConoufheyeshre? (Oh I don't know how to spell his last name and that's as close as I could get.) Zooey Deschanel is in it too and there's this annoying bird that she wants to kill and she hates this bird... and there's a bird that squawks every. single. morning at 530 and it's SO LOUD and I would like a BB gun. So at some point I might have to recreate this scene here:



4. My pants are too tight.
They're loose enough that they still fit but they're too tight to be comfortable and it's torture. You know how that is, right? It's so uncomfortable it's making me sweat. Actually I think that's because of the humidity.

5. I don't want to try and think of a number five.
It's Friday so I should probably just suck it up and be in a better mood. I am happy that I found the $2.49 buck chuck at Trader Joe's - I mean it's a little irritating that it's $2.49 and not just 2 buck chuck but I'll take it anyway. And I am happy that I found cheap lime popsicles at TJ's also. Also I washed my hair last night for the first time in a lot of days and now it feels all soft and it moves around and stuff so that's kind of nice. But that's all.

Oh and Sunday is the "would you rather" post so here are your options. If you haven't played this game before, it's pretty simple: we give you two options and you have to choose one. You're not allowed to say "I'm not choosing" and if you do well, you're an underachiever. Oh and if you need a refresher, here is a list of the remaining topics. We're almost halfway done with this challenge and I know the three of us have loved reading all the posts you're linking up! I am horrible at commenting because I get distracted but please know that we see them and we love them. Tomorrow's topic is "switch day" so you choose who you would want to switch lives with.

Would you rather questions:

1. Be blind or be deaf
2. Be taller than you are or shorter than you are
3. Be a teenager or a senior citizen for the rest of your life
4. Have no hands or no legs
5. Lose your front teeth or both eyebrows
6. Eat a worm or a cockroach
7. Spend a day in the Sahara or North Pole
8. Have a personal chef or a personal driver
9. Always have to whisper or always have to shout
10. Can't taste or can't smell
11. Wipe with sandpaper or saran wrap
12. Have Twitter shut down for a day or your blog disappear for a day
13. Text of your blog is screwed up or all the pictures you post on your blog are blurry
14. Never be able to post another GIF or never be able to receive comments on your posts
15. Have a permanent wedgie or have the tag on your shirt constantly scratch your neck

K the end goodbye.
Allieology

18 comments:

  1. That crustless pot pie looks nothing short of disgusting. I do not want that in or around my mouth hole. EW. EW. EW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY. Your 2 buck chuck is fifty cents cheaper than mine soooooooooo glass half full! Or empty, since it's wine.

    All my friggin' pants are too tight and it makes me an angry person. But what makes me a happy person is shopping for new pants, even if my spare tire is the reason I get to shop. WHATEVER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EW that looks nasty!
    I dont like pot pies though anyway haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like my Friday post should have been like this, since I've been stuck in a hospital/crappy hotel all week. But at least there is a bright side to the week...its over! THE exact same thing happened with my nails last month....they were beautiful and long and then I had to move out of my house and clean everything and use bleach and boom....they're ugly again. Last thing.....I was looking at your Instagram and I saw a few pictures of you as friends with a certain little mermaid! HOW NEAT!! I'm guessing this was at Disneyland. Are you ever going to, kinda but not really cuz of the whole character integrity thing, share about your experience on the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juliette that pot pie REALLY looks like exactly what I already said it looked like. I just gagged. Those would you rathers are SO MEAN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Believe me, being woken up by a bird is NOTHING compared to being woken up by the dump truck dumping the dumpster outside your window at 0445!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you on #4. I have that problem daily. I don't understand the unfairness of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was looking for that same Smart Ones the other day and they were also OUT. So stupid. And please recreate that scene. It's one of my movie faves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My pants and I haven't been on a very good streak lately. So I broke up with them for awhile and wore leggings.... granted it was 90 degrees outside so hindsight and all that jazz.... but I think Matthew should consider changing his last name.. isn't that what all the great stars do? For family anonymity and all that.... You'd think he'd pick something easier to spell..

    ReplyDelete
  10. You never play by the rules and it's rude.

    Also, that stupid crustless pot pie looks absolutely disgusting and I just threw up a little in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. PANTS! Why do we even wore them. If we never wore pants, we'd never know if they were getting too tight. Screw pants.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate my fingernails too. They constantly peel, so when they do grow out long, they are super weak and bend backwards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Washing my hair after a few days of not washing my hair is such a great feeling! I always think those "meals for one" look so good based on the photos on the package and I cave in and buy one. Then I get it home and heat it up and realize it's gross and now I'm hungry and cranky!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My pants are tight and annoying me! Ugh I should have brought yoga pants to change into for my drive home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a rebel not following the rules! Since its Friday and everyone's brains are fried from the week, I would guess that everyone had trouble thinking of the fifth favorite. I know I did!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 2 buck chuck is actually $3.49 in Ohio, which makes me angry. FALSE ADVERTISING.

    My pants were exactly like that yesterday. I was MISERABLE. And I unbuttoned them the second I got in my car to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm new here .. who is Lindsay, and where is her blog (you mention it in question 1 about the eyeshadow at Target)? I could not find a link in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't trust that pie. tbh. haha.

    ReplyDelete