Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Dear Netflix (an ode to binge-watching)

"Don't judge me when you're wearing those pants"

Dear Netflix,

Oh, how I love you, let me count the ways. Actually I'm not going to because that sounds like a lot of work. But I do love you. You've helped me stave off boredom on numerous occasions, and you're readily available almost any time I need you... provided I have WiFi, or course. Otherwise you're just making my data usage skyrocket, and that gets expensive, and I have sandwiches to buy.

Without you, I would not have watched some of my favorite shows, like Breaking Bad, How I Met Your Mother, and the beginning of Tarzan the other night. Without you, when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep I'd be forced to like, read a book or play 2048 or something. Without you, I'd have way less to occupy myself on nights when I've made up an excuse for not being able to hang out with people.

Netflix, you are magical and cheap and easy to use, and I love you. If you raise your prices though, we'll have some issues. I've stood (sat) by your side for like two years or something, and I think my dedication should be repaid by either a) giving me 6 months for free, or b) you having Game of Thrones in your database. I mean, what's up with that? You can't get HBO shows? Why can't you and HBO just be friends and get along? It would make my life a lot easier, and it would help me procrastinate more, which is never a bad thing.

When I'm not with you, I miss you, and I think about you all the time. You don't judge me for my ratty old sweats or for not washing my hair for three days, and you don't care if I have bad breath. You let me eat popcorn and cookies and you never look at me disapprovingly. You know that I'm bad at making decisions, which is obviously why you only give me .04 seconds to choose if I want to watch another episode of The Office, and if I haven't clicked yes or no you just make me watch it anyway. That's true friendship, Netflix.

Please never change. Unless you want to be cheaper.

Love,
Me.

Allieology

20 comments:

  1. I want nothing more than to come over and wear sweatpants and watch all the shows and drink all the wine with you. Or ninja mimosas. Whichever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a love/hate relationship with netflix. I love it when I know what I want to watch, but I hate it when I have zero idea what I'm in the mood for and then I spend 30 minutes just scrolling through everything and I can't decide because there are just SO many options!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!!! Netflix binge watching has become my addiction...and I'm not even sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Netflix, the best procstinating machine alive! So love it, they need to have HBO shows on there though... it's borderline unacceptable. And than! we can wear sweatpants together, I can bring cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha! I have a post scheduled this week that is all about Netflix as well. I love this so much

    ReplyDelete
  6. Netflix is my savior! We have no cable and it saves me so much money because I can still watch all my favorite shows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost did a letter to Netflix, too. Especially after discovering my love for OITNB and being able to binge on the sofa while eating peanut butter out of a jar. I have no shame!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I try to think about what my life would be like without Netflix.... but then I stop because the thought is really depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. NetFlix really is an amazing thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We just cancelled our cable because it was getting super expensive and have been debating about getting NetFlix... this post really makes me want to convince the hubby that we need it lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I *love* Netflix ... but am a little annoyed at some of the shows that they DON'T have on instant streaming. I get it -- but it still sucks. They do have some HBO shows ... just not on instant. You have to get them on dvd ... and then only get a few episodes at a time. Aint nobody got time for that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not sure why but that gif has been crying I'm laughing that hard.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel like you keep bragging with the 2048 thing and I don't like it. HOW DO I DO IT?

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAHAHA! love it so much! That photo is classic! Netflix has got me through some touch times man :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This makes me sad that we cancelled our account. :(

    But that bulldog is wonderfully throwing some shade. Great gif.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Netflix and I have been an on again/off again relationship since 2009 (currently on) and I agree with everything in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Netflix..it is a total love-hate relationship. I love it when I'm into hour 5 of binge watching but the next morning I hate that I did that!!

    xo, Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  18. Couldn't agree more on the Netflix love!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is great! I think Netflix was the creator of binge watching TV and I'm so glad they did!

    ReplyDelete