Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Becoming Adorrable

You guys, I'm really excited to introduce one of my sponsor's to you right now. Ladies and gentlemen, the one and only Becca Dorr! Becca and I have been interacting on Twitter for quite some time now, and I officially fell in (platonic) love with her one Friday night when she peer pressured me over Twitter to take a shot of Fireball when I was at home drinking wine by myself. Becca writes over at Becoming Adorrable, and I'm never disappointed when I read her posts. She writes about her life (don't we all?) but she also writes about all the summer TV shows you should be watching, tips for brightening somebody's day, and a post every blogger will love and relate to: growing your blog in 10 easy steps. I e-mailed Becca a list of some questions and YOU are lucky enough to get to read her answers!


1. We're going to happy hour, what are you drinking? How many shots of fireball are we taking?
I'm either drinking a Malibu & pineapple, or a rum and coke (because sadly, many bars don't have Malibu). Because I cave to peer pressure, you will eventually convince me to take a shot of fireball, but then I will demand that you take two or three more with me, because that's what I do. I make the people who are with me drink more. And then I will be dead in the morning.
(Becca, I have a feeling that if you and I went out together we'd have fantastic blogging material. I mean, it doesn't take much for me to be peer pressured into taking a shot of Fireball, and I definitely wouldn't have a problem taking two or three more with you!)

2. How did you and your husband, Tim, meet?
Tim and I met through the magical powers of the internet. We already had friends in common, surprisingly, so I confirmed with my friends from high school that he was not a serial killer and we met at the bar that I frequented with my friends.
(Isn't it great when internet matches aren't serial killers!?)

3. It rained on your wedding day... how did that affect things? Were you expecting the rain? I've always wondered what a rainy wedding day is like.
The rain only changed the fact that I was more concerned about my hair frizzing and our cocktail hour, which was supposed to be outside on this pretty patio. Luckily, our photographer was awesome and able to work with it. But honestly, I don't remember thinking too much about it. I don't remember many details from that day. It's all a blur.
(Helpful hint: You can read all of Becca's wedding related posts here. Do it. Do it now.)


4. What's your favorite makeup product?
It's really hard to pick just one, because I love makeup. But if I had to just pick one thing forever, I'd use Cover Girl Clump Crusher mascara. It doesn't make my eyes itch and mascara makes such a huge difference.
(Mascara DOES make a huge difference. And now I have to go to Target to find this mascara.)

5. Tell us about your job.
After working in childcare for 8 years, I'm now a housewife. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't mean I sit around gulping wine all day. I do all the things Tim doesn't want to do around the house so that he can work harder. And I take care of all the animals. I can probably drink wine while I do that, though.
(Becca has 3 cats and 1 dog, and I mean, I don't have any pets but I know they're a lot of work and it kind of exhausts me thinking about cleaning up after all those animals. So kudos to you!)

6. What's your least favorite household chore?
Vacuuming. It doesn't matter how nice the vacuum cleaner is. I just hate lugging it around and pushing it back and forth. I'd rather scrub toilets. Not that I particularly love scrubbing toilets.
(If you want to come scrub my toilets I'll vacuum your house. Please? PLEASE?)


7. What are three words your husband would use to describe you?
When I asked Tim this, he said "funny, caring, smart". I think if I didn't cook his food, he'd describe me as stubborn, overly affectionate, and nurturing. Even though I do not know what to do with babies.

8. What's your favorite form of social media?
Twitter, by far. I know it's hard to get used a character limit when you first start out, but once you do, you realize that short is sweet. No one can post a long soapbox rant on twitter like they can on Facebook.
(And again, we agree. Follow Becca on Twitter and maybe she'll pressure you into taking shots on a Friday night!) 

9. Your one year wedding anniversary is coming up! Do you and Tim have any big plans?
No solid plans. We'll likely do something, but our vacations are already planned for July and October. I'm thinking about going to the aquarium where he proposed two years ago.
(Cue the "awwwwwwwwww"s.)


10. What's something that surprised you about being married?
How often people ask "So, how's married life?" I never know what to say. We'd already been living together, and I'd say that is the biggest adjustment. I'm also surprised at how difficult it is to adjust to being a unit. We have to make plans with the other person in mind, and his commitments are often my commitments.
(That question is kind of strange, because what do people expect you to say? "Married life sucks, I hate it." Uh, no. Sorry. So good answer, Becca.)

Ok, now no excuses, go visit Becca's blog and then continue to stalk all of her social media. I promise she won't mind.
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

7 comments:

  1. I'll scrub your toilets if you do shots with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becca! Awwww, I hadn't looked at your wedding photos before. So cute! And I died over the Grumpy Cat pillow and the My Little Pony garter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love her!!
    thank you for asking her #4, i'm always looking for a mascara that doesn't irritate my eyes because 99% of them do. now i'm gonna go buy that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time, opting for not waterproof helps a TON.

      Delete
  4. Yeh I just need me a Tim aka Totes internet mormal. Mormal is like mostly normal because normal starts with N the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm fireball is the best!! I don't even need to be pressured to take shots, I love 'em! Haha

    ReplyDelete