Thursday, June 19, 2014

My little quirks (+ sponsors!)

Have you read Allie's blog post from today yet? I'm stealing it. She wrote all about her quirks and I was like, "Hey, thanks for the idea!" Because sometimes you can't come up with your own ideas. And actually, that's been me a lot lately, but let's just gloss over that fact and I'll go ahead and write down some of my weird quirks.



+ If I'm sitting on a couch, I HATE sitting on the part where two cushions come together. I don't want to feel that crack near my crack.

+ If I feel like there's a hair from my head that has gone rogue and fallen down my shirt, I MUST FIND IT. I don't care where we are, I will stick my hand up the back of my shirt and search for that hair. At work, at the grocery store, at a bar... I NEED to find that hair.

+ When I go shopping I never take the first item on the shelf. Whatever I need, I take the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th item because fewer people have touched it, and you know, germs.

+ When I wear my glasses I feel like my eyes don't open all the way and I feel half asleep. I hate it.

+ I HATE having hangnails, but instead of just ignoring them until they go away, I pick pick pick at them and make them a million times worse. It's the same with pimples. And chipped nail polish. And ugh life is so hard.

+ I have a very strict routine in the shower and I never deviate from it. Well, except I don't shave my legs every time I shower so sometimes I skip that, but IF I shave then I always do it at the same point in the shower: right leg is after the shampoo is in and my face is washed, and left leg is after the conditioner is in.

+ I would rather wear slacks than jeans. Or dress pants, whatever you want to call them.

+ I have the best sponsors this month. Keep reading and meet two more!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meet Kala, from My Breezy Room
Where do I even begin with Kala? Probably the most important thing I should tell you is that she's a newlywed. A VERY newlywed. As in, she got married 13 days ago! But I also really want to tell you that she replied to one of my e-mails WHILE she was on her honeymoon (and while she was busy getting a butt blister). That's some serious blog dedication, if you ask me. Speaking of dedication, Kala is really dedicated to repurposing furniture. Like sanding, painting, CHALKBOARD painting, and et cetera and so on and so forth. She doesn't sugar coat anything, either. Her posts don't make me think "Oh, this will be a breeze!" (see what I did there?) and then when I try it myself I"m like "....this was not a breeze." Example: This post, where Kala tells how difficult chalkpainting can actually be. But then she goes and makes an old nightstand look beautiful, and I'm just over here like, um Kala, can you come over please and redecorate my apartment?? Probably not right now though because I know you have a lot going on, what with trying to find a place to live in the next week. So, you guys, go ahead and just stalk the ever living daylights out of Kala, get to know her, and you will have no regrets. Swear't.
Facebook
Instagram
Bloglovin'
Pinterest
Twitter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meet AJ, from Oh Hey It's AJ

I love AJ's blog because the way she writes makes it really easy to get a great mental image of what she's talking about! Plus, I mean, she has a picture of her with the most mischievous looking lemur (that's a lemur, right?) I've ever seen, and it doesn't get any better than that. writes about all kinds of things, and something I love is how real she is, especially when she writes about her love of art or her battle with anxiety. The anxiety post really moved me because I've struggled with that in the past and I've known people who have, as well. It really helps to know you're not alone in some struggles. Oh, and AJ uses GIFs in her posts, which obviously I love, and I'm certain you will too. If you want to read more, there's another post here that I suggest you read. Also, AJ and her husband George are expecting another baby in a few months!! I for one can't wait to see pictures when the little one arrives. Follow AJ and don't miss a thing!! (Links provided to make it easy for you, you're welcome.)

Blog
Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

18 comments:

  1. BUT REALLY, why wont our eyeballs open when we wear our glasses?! Because that, my friend, is a real life struggle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so blind that I went to the pool with my glasses on in a kiddy pool (slashing everywhere) but otherwise couldn't see a damn thing without them #reallifestruggle #blindness

      Delete



    2. Dr.Brave Help Me To Stop A Divorce And Save My Marriage Today?

      Hello to every one out here, am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me three days ago, My name is Jeffrey Dowling,i live in TEXAS,USA.and I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.(bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website http://bravespellcaster.yolasite.com,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to "bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.{bravespellcaster@gmail.com} , Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Not taking the first item on the shelf when you're shopping is just good sense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I neverrrrr take the first item on the shelf either!!! It weirds me out so bad!!! And I am crazy about getting a stray hair off of me..I will flail around like a moron for 20 minutes to find it!! Haha I feel your pain with hangnails too--I pick them until they are so sore and so much skin is missing!! OMG I seriously feel like this post could have been written by me!!

    Brianna
    http://keepingupwiththekeens2428.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ALWAYS wear dress pants on our jeans day Fridays. Or dresses. I am just not a jeans person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to stock shelves as a summer job back in the day and DEFINITELY don't take the first one! it's 100% the one that has been sitting there the longest

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like your list is so much better than mine. UGH. But really about that hair thingy though. It happens to me every single day, multiple times a day and it's just really annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally relate to most of these things, but I have more trouble with hair down the front of my shirt. And even when I'm in a professional setting, like I at work, I have to reach into my boobs to grab it. Awkward. Oh and...Thanks for the shoutout girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg I hate feeling a rogue hair on me. I look like a mime in a straight jacket trying to find a hair that's tickling the back of my arm....... honestly its frustrating me just thinking about it. even more so when I ask for help and Roland tells me "there's no hair Sarah, its your imagination." but then I find said hair and rub it in his face that I was right.... damn rogue hairs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What if like, there is only one bag of gummy bears left? Do you take it? Because it's the first. BUT IT'S GUMMY BEARS. And I don't know anyone who likes sitting between couch cushions... Except that on my couch, there's this one spot that's not so bad to sit on even though it's the crack. It's kind of perfect, actually. I think the cushions have to be stiff enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't take the first one on the shelf either! I'm also that person searching further back for later expiration dates.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never take the first item off the shelf either, for the same exact reason!

    ReplyDelete



  12. Dr.Brave Help Me To Stop A Divorce And Save My Marriage Today?

    Hello to every one out here, am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me three days ago, My name is Jeffrey Dowling,i live in TEXAS,USA.and I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.(bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website http://bravespellcaster.yolasite.com,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to "bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.{bravespellcaster@gmail.com} , Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Read my wonderful testimony about how i get my husband back today. I’m Jessie Szalay from London,Uk. a banker by Profession, I'm happily married to a lovely and caring husband with two kids. A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my husband .so terrible that he took the case to court for a divorce.he said that he never wanted to stay with me again,and that he didn't love me anymore.So he packed out of the house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get him back,after much begging,but all to no avail.and he confirmed it that he has made his decision,and he never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my husband .So i explained every thing to him,so he told me that the only way i can get my husband back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for him too.So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow his advice. Then he gave me the email address of the spell caster whom he visited.{nwalutaspelltemple@gmail.com}. So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address he gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my husband back the next day.What an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my husband who didn't call me for the past 9 months,gave me a call to inform me that he was coming back.So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster. So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website http://lovespellmallam.yolasite.com/, if you have any problem contact Chief Nwaluta , SO HERE IS EMAIL ADDRESS { NWALUTASPELLTEMPLE@GMAIL.COM } , Thanks you Chief Nwaluta, i will always be testifying about your good work.

    ReplyDelete