Thursday, June 26, 2014

It's a good day when...

I kid you not, I was just sitting here trying to decide what to blog about and not coming up with anything when I was going through my list of favorite blogs and came across this linkup on Lisa's blog and I told myself, "Self, you are going to participate." And so here we are. Pardon me while I just go ahead and ramble about the things that make a good day for Juliette.

=It's A Good Day Linkup
.. the stupid crow outside my bedroom window doesn't start squawking at 530am. I WILL FIND YOU AND I WILL KILL YOU.

... I have plenty of contacts (I wear dailies) and don't have to worry about wearing my glasses in order to save my contacts for a particular day.

... my pants slide on easily and I don't have to do that awkward hop around the room to get them over my donk.

... I make it to work on time.

... Keith texts me before I text him. Being the first one to text makes me feel clingy.

... my boss gets his own coffee.

... actually, when my boss takes the day off.

... my boss lets me go home early.

... I have a breakfast burrito.

... I have a brilliant idea for a blog post and it basically just writes itself (this has never happened but I imagine it would be awesome).

... all my people are on Gchat.

... I don't have any pimples on my chin. I'm 26 and I drink tons of water and don't eat much crap food anymore, so face, WHY do you insist on torturing me like this? Jerk.

... my fridge is stocked with champagne and I don't have to go to the store to get some. People, ugh.

... I get the sudden urge to clean and then I'm left with a spotless apartment and a sense of accomplishments (never happens).

... I get to see Baby Kate.

...it's a Saturday.

...I'm at Keith's house.

... I eat a sandwich.

... I'm in bed by 9.

... there's a new episode of Grey's, Scandal, Parenthood, Revenge, Sons of Anarchy, or a whole new season of Orange is the New Black to watch.

... it's raining.

... it's not summer.

... my gas tank is full.

... it's payday.

... that's all.
Oh also I'm going to ask you all for something because I don't mind asking for favors. It will take 2 seconds. Ok maybe more like 7. Just click on this link and then click all the links in that post because CLICKS MATTER, PEOPLE. And I only have 4 days to get 50+ clicks. Thanks I love you so much.

15 comments:

  1. Wait, you happy when it's NOT summer? I don't even know who you are anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally misread “donk” at first and went from laughing out loud to deeply troubled and slightly afraid back to laughing out loud again. It was an emotional 2 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, you don't like summer? What the hey diddle is wrong with you?!
    I hear you on the skin thing. I'm turning 30 in November and do all the same things (plenty of water, wash it twice a day, use fancy and/or organic non-harsh products, etc) and I still look like a 14 year old boy in puberty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha the dance you do to get your pants on... I can so relate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you imagine if you got paid on the day your boss let you off early so that you could go to Keith's house to watch Grey's while he served you coffee and you ate sandwiches? Best. Epic. Day. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh. pimples on the chin, I feel your pain. I thought this was something we were supposed to "grow out of" still waiting for that day to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this and can relate to most of those! Pimple on the chin? Yes. Getting pants over my butt? Yes. Sometimes, after I successfully get them on by hopping around a few times, I start doing wide-leg squats-- you know, in an attempt to stretch them so I don't feel like I'm about to bust a seam. Which, by the way, happened to me in high school once. Ripped my jeans. Right down my butt crack. ... What a day that was.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! it's so relatable! and paydays the best day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clickclickclick. Also, I use g-chat every day because it's the easiest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think breakfast burritos are gods gift to earth

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this and I like you. Now, can you do one for me and post it because I never have time to blog anymore and that makes me not like life very much

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mine would be summer, coffee, Friday, plans with friends, and then laying in bed searching episodes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes to those shows and burritos and champagne and payday and all the things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The birds outside my bedroom window start making some sort of crazy noise around 3am. WHAT THE HECK, birds?! Thanks for linking up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really wanted one of these to be about me because I'm selfish like that but then I made the GCHAT one about me kind of sooooo thanks. Love you long time BYE.

    ReplyDelete