Monday, May 5, 2014

Ninja Mimosa Recipe

Every time I mention Ninja Mimosas in a post I get a few people commenting and asking how to make them. So yesterday I decided it was time to post the recipe COMPLETE WITH PICTURES, you are so welcome. Plus then it gave me an excuse to watch When Harry Met Sally and drink one of these bad boys. I promise the recipe is easy. Also it was brought to my attention last night that the creator of the Ninja Mimosa might be Jacey and not me. She told me this story about how she came up with the idea and when she told me about it I scoffed at the idea, but I have absolutely no memory of that. So I guess the origin of the Ninja Mimosa will remain unknown.
What you need:
Vodka. This one was only $7.98 at Food 4 Less, but it doesn't hurt if you want to go fancy and try some flavored vodka. We've done different fruity kinds and they've all been delicious.
Juice. I used orange mango yesterday. I've also used raspberry lemonade and peach juice. Get creative!
Champagne. I really class it up and get the cheapest least expensive bottle I can find. Andre is always the winner, and sometimes it's on sale at Target for $3.98/bottle. Win.
A cup and ice. Let's be real, you can't fit everything you need into a champagne flute..
Step One:
Fill your cup half full with champagne. Or a little more than half full, like in this picture. Oops.
Step Two:
Pour yourself a nice shot of vodka and mix that in with the champagne. Let things get a little friendly.
Step Three:
Fill the rest of the way with juice and mix it all together. Garnish with a strawberry; I didn't but I feel like it would look super pretty if you did.
Step Four:
Take a heavily edited selfie with your drink, being careful not to spill any. I wasn't very careful. Use a straw, and enjoy!
Disclaimers:
Probably don't drink very many of these. They're called "Ninja" Mimosas because you can't tell there's vodka in them and it sneaks up on you, so if you drink too many too fast you'll be hurting. Also, please drink responsibly, or something. And remember that it's responsible to use up all the champagne in a timely manner so it doesn't go bad. Let's not be wasteful, folks.

25 comments:

  1. These will be perfect for me and my bridesmaids as we get ready for my wedding in a few weeks. It's tough, I mean there are four steps to the process but I think even I might be able to handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having mimosas with brunch - these sound deliciously dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These really should have a limit-two label. Or at least a warning-these-will-knock-you-off-your-feet-and-your-husband-will-definitely-laugh-at-you-for-being-sloppy-drunk label.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Or something", I love it. I went out for mimosa's yesterday afternoon and I wish that they would have snuck up on me. I paid $8 for orange juice I feel like. Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I am thinking these are a must for pre-wedding hair and make up time :) Thanks for the recipe & instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. umm heck yes. that is awesome and i want one now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. trying this asap. oj & vodka? yum. oj & champagne? obv yum. all three? I need in my mouth now.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I NEED A NINJA MIMOSA RIGHT NOW.
    Also, with how cheap alcohol is in the US... I'm leaving Canadia and coming to live with you right now. kthx.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me at "ninja"!! Cant wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I regret not adding vodka to my mimosas yesterday. But like, does the champagne go bad that fast?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, these look amazing. I will definitely have to try!! (Found your blog via Cassie over at That Sage Blog!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. mimosas are my favorite and I am def trying this this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i have been waiting for this recipe! thank you! now i need one...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have always wondered what a Ninja Mimosa was! I kept picturing this little ninja jumping in the air and screaming hi-yaa! as he poured the drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is awesome - I'm not the biggest fan of regular mimosa's so I like the idea of trying different juices/vodka flavors to mix it up. Glad you pointed out making sure to use all the champagne - those rookies who leave a wounded soldier champagne bottles are the worst! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want one of these right meow and I still have 15 days left in the Whole30. Waahhhhh :(

    I have a bottle of champagne in the fridge waiting until my Whole30 is over to toast my brother's engagement, and I think the mimosas are going to become ninja mimosas. I can't guarantee we'll heed your warning of too many too fast though haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. These sound dangerous. And delicious. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a very similar mixed cocktail that I make. Only swap the vodka for rum. Yum. Rum.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh yummm this sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well... screw regular mimosas from now on. This is necessary

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like your hair this way. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks awesome. I definitely want to make this for my first morning in my new apartment.

    ReplyDelete