Thursday, May 1, 2014

Honey Roast yo' self

Last week, Sarah emailed me and introduced the idea of co-hosting a Honey Roast linkup, where instead of being all hard on ourselves, we are actually nice to ourselves for once. I was like, sure, that doesn't sound hard, it sounds like fun! But then I sat down to actually try and write some nice things about myself and all I could do was be sarcastic. I think it's a very common problem to only see your flaws instead of to really see the beauty about ourselves. I realized that whenever people compliment me I dismiss it with something negative. If you tell me my hair looks good, I'll come back with a comment about how my ends are split and it's two different colors. If you tell me I did something nice, I'll comment that now I've used up my "good deed" for the week and I can go back to being a snarky jerk. If you tell me I made delicious cookies, I'll tell you that they were from a package and I don't know how they didn't burn because I'm a horrible baker. But I think Sarah's idea for this Honey Roast is a good one. It's way too easy to be negative toward ourselves, and that's not healthy. So I'm going to do my best, with Sarah, from Sarah's Spiel; Becky, from Made in the Shade; and Kay from The Best of Intentions.


// I'm really good with kids and older people. We just get along really really well.

// I'll drop pretty much anything for my family. A couple of years ago, at midnight on my birthday, my great uncle had to go to the hospital so I went with my dad and waited in the hospital for like 2 1/2 hours until they said he was out of danger and it was ok to leave.

// I can lighten pretty much any situation with some sarcastic humor. 98% of the time this is a good thing.

// I'm weirdly excellent at parallel parking. It's one of my favorite skills.

// I invented Ninja Mimosas, and they're amazing and I will never stop being proud of them.

// I usually go with the flow and don't demand too much. If Keith were reading this he'd probably laugh at it and tell me this is definitely not the case, but it totally is. I swear.

And now it's your turn!

The Other Juliette

17 comments:

  1. I really need to get back to my whole 'going to bed early' thing.. but Justin. It's his fault.
    Also, I like this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazing at parallel parking. No one taught me how to do it. I just get it! I totally understand that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea!! Love that you invented Ninja Mimosa's. I am jealous of your parallel parking skills!! I am terrible at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been a parallel parker. It's not in my veins. and I love your sarcastic humor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I <3 anyone with a sarcastic sense of humor. It usually means you won't get offended by my own sarcasm ;) And I am so jealous of your parallel parking skills because I will go out of my way to avoid doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never learned to parallel park but its not a requirement here whew thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I need more details on these ninja mimosas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute post idea! I might just have to link up on Monday :D
    I'm pretty good at parallel parking, but then I get anxiety that I am taking too long and that people are judging me. Ugh.
    Sarcastic humor is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This whole ninja mimosa thing. You're going to need to share the recipe! Nothing beats a good mimosa!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked the other version, but this one is good too. You forgot that you're really fun and that you have pretty hair and are really good at makeup AND also really good at helping passed out drunk people get off the floor and into bed.. not that I know from experience.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had so much fun bragging about myself. Thanks for the great linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am strangely good at parallel parking, too. i credit my mad skills to the fact that i initially learned how to park in an astro mini-van (have you ever driven one of those things?? dang they are enormous.), and then also lived in Chicago for four years, where you had to learn how to fit into really tight spaces without hitting anybody. so that's awesome.

    and also, i don't know why you didn't mention the fact that you're really good at doing hair, overflowing bathtubs, stealing people's debit cards in bars (which wasn't nearly as shady as it sounds cuz i think it only happened the one time, right?), changing names on your blog, and also at making hilarious faces/animations on your fingers. and also that you're hilarious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm super jealous that you are good at parallel parking. I completely suck at it, and therefore will never live in a city haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your posts always make me laugh. You do have a great sense of humor. This is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! And please, do tell about these ninja mimosas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is such a good idea! we all need to learn to be a little easier on ourselves! :)

    ReplyDelete