Friday, May 9, 2014

Happy Hour... Random

Last night I met a couple of my friends downtown for happy hour. There's this restaurant that I now love called Luna Red that has happy hour all day on Thursdays, and everything on their happy hour menu is only $5. Sangria, wine, beer (ew), and like 47 different appetizers. And ok fine, not 47 different appetizers, I think it was only 6 different ones, but we got avocado and black bean fritters and steak tacos and I drank 3 mason jars of sangria and when the bill came it didn't make my bank account cry. Also I got home before it was dark outside so it was like 17 different kinds of a win.

I want to get better at instagramming but I still only do it like once or twice a week. Except for Tuesday when I did it twice in one day but that was an anomaly. Is that the right way to use the word anomaly? I'm too lazy to google it.



If you're going to happy hour it's really important to have good friends to go with you. Like, really important. One of my friends is a personal trainer, so I started joking that I would like her to train me. Especially my derriere because gravity is starting to have an effect on that part, if you know what I mean. Did I really just go there??

It's also important to go someplace that pulls out heat lamps when it gets a little chilly. The place we went to did this and it basically saved my life because genius me wore a light sweater with a lacy back and it let allllllll the cold air in but then they pulled out the heat lamps and it was like YES THANK YOU.


I guess we should have gone out on April 25th and not May 8th. Ugh. Rookie mistake.


Let's link up with Whitney again. K?
Especially because this is Keith's and my (NOT Keith and I's... if you type that I will be forced to cut you) song this weekend but he doesn't know it and he wouldn't approve because he doesn't like country music but whatever, he's still taking me to see Lady A for my birthday next month so I'll probably keep him.

See You Tonight by Scotty McCreery on Grooveshark


18 comments:

  1. OMG your birthday is next month yayy!
    #firstcomment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone knows April 25 is the perfect date, and I'm really happy that sangria was so cheap. Let's add that place to the list for when I come visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great hair!! http://thewanderlusthasgotme.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/i-love-dogs.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your hair. you are so pretty. also, my sisters tell me (and they know all the rules) that instagramming less is the way to go. i mean you got a whopping 82 likes on that pic- that's winning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sangria looks really freaking delicious. Kind of makes me want to go get one, right now. Yay for almost being your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh, the tour lady antebellum is currently on is so great! so excited for you to see them! and yay for happy hour sangria!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that drink looks amazing!!! Ps you're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm trying to get better at Instagram too, but it's really hard because I always realize I should I have taken a picture once it's too late. This is especially a problem with food. As soon as a delicious looking plate gets set in front of me I just want to dig in, not dig out my phone to snap a photo. I don't know how you had so much self control with that sangria

    ReplyDelete
  9. I laughed out loud multiple times during this post! 5 dollar sangria jars? Gimmmmmmme!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty sure I want to reenact your night regularly. Looks and sounds amazing! Wish we had this place in my town - and that I more time for a night out with girl friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please bring those drinks to me right now. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1) you're gorgeous 2) now I want sangria.. or margaritas and 3) I live for heat lamps

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need a sangria like asap after reading this! And I wish I could look at naturally pretty as you do in your pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. sangria is so my favorite and it looks super delish! also, love your hairs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hah you win at instagramming ;) and can I be the one to wish wayy too early? advance birthday wishes girl!!!!!
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore happy hours! They are so much fun and the drinks & apps are always on special. Nothing better than getting drunk on a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i feel like you never invite me to happy hour. rude.

    ReplyDelete