Thursday, April 24, 2014

Something annoying and something exciting

I have two things to share with you all today. You're welcome. The first thing is something that happened last night when I wasn't home (thankfully). I was meeting with some friends expecting to go home and have a new drink I love, a vodka collins, but then I got this text from Jacey.
There's a close up of the new "peep hole." Shut up. I know our door is old and dirty. It's from the 70's, ok? And apparently the wood is rotting, so that's fun.

Jacey said the lock broke and when she and Justin came home and tried to unlock/open the door, it wouldn't budge. She couldn't even turn the knob. If Justin hadn't been there I have no idea if we ever would have gotten into the apartment, because Jacey had left her phone inside and wouldn't have been able to call me or our landlord. AND neither of us would have been able to scale the wall to break into my window. All of the downstairs windows and the patio door were locked (responsibility), and the really high fence/gate around our patio had a padlock on it, so I'm pretty sure our plan of action once I got home would have been to call the fire department. Luckily Jacey has a boyfriend who is a problem solver, and he figured out a solution. Observe.
My window is the big one up there on the second floor. That fence is probably 6 feet tall, at least. Justin climbed over the fence to the patio and Jacey heaved the (empty) recycling bin over the top of the fence. I have no idea how she did that. I wouldn't have been able to, mostly because I would have just been like, "OMG NO. This thing is SO dirty and disgusting. Let's just call the fire department." Then he balanced the bin on top of a table back there and scaled the wall. Probably sort of looking something like this.
By the time I got home everything was fine and Justin was working on putting new locks on our door. Jacey had called the landlord and left messaged but he wasn't responding, which I sort of understand because this is like the 17,000th thing to have gone wrong. Remember when our bathtub almost made our floor collapse? Then there was the time our garbage disposal broke, the outlets in our kitchen stopped working, Jacey's closet broke, we have a crooked light fixture, the toilets wouldn't stop running, the hot water heater sucked... you get the picture. It's been one thing after another but I don't really care because I love that apartment to death. And I'm still just really glad I wasn't there for the broken lock situation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BUT NOW TIME FOR EXCITING NEWS.
 After thinking about it for a few months I decided to start offering sponsorships! You can find the details here. Basically I decided I was ready to take the next step in blogging and that next step is dollars. I struggled with this for a while because I didn't want to be a sell out or whatever, but I have never gone to a blog and, upon realizing the blog offers sponsorships (like 98% of them do), thought, "Wow this person is a total sell out and I can't believe this." Nope. Not once. So then I just decided "DO IT DO IT DO IT" and I did it and now I'm excited for Oprah, except I don't have any free cars to give you. Don't hate me. 
Oh also if you haven't heard of a Ninja Mimosa, it's a mimosa with a shot of vodka in it. But you can't make the mimosa in a champagne glass because those are way too small. You have to use a cup, and I prefer to drink it with a straw. That's all the info you need, I think. So.... link link link.

22 comments:

  1. I want nothing more in life than a ninja mimosa. Both the actual drinky drink and your awesome new sponsorship option. THIS IS SO EXCITING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I need a tissue. My little girl is growing up. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha one time i had to break into my apartment bc the dog locked me out.
    but this is super exciting and YAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. bahahahaha... okay, you didn't tell me that HE SCALED THE WALL LIKE BATMAN AND ROBIN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. picturing him scaling the wall made me laugh out loud hahaha!
    Ive been out of the blogging world for a year...what is sponsoring?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah i cannot believe he did that! That is crazy! But hey, he solved the problem :) I totally want to sponsor. I read your blog daily, I love it...you're funny and a great writer. Plus I'm newly single so your stories about your past relationships and being single help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A ninja mimosa sounds like my new favorite drank.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gifs were perfectly on key, ahahaha.
    I'm sorry you had to deal with crazy apartment living bullshit. :/
    Especially considering your room was the victim, haha.
    Ohh, isn't living through our 20's the life?

    <3
    Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you girl! You are not a sell out and glad you had spiderman there to let you in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now everyone knows how to break into your house! See you tonight ;) Haha! That was seriously really creepy of me just now. Oops! Anyway, yay for sponsorships. I still haven't gotten good at them, but here's to try, try again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry, but I'm just laughing so hard picturing this whole thing happening. I can't even focus on anything else after that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As us jews say MAZELS for opening sponsorships I am excited for you!!!!!! Also that is some dare devilish stunts I would not be able to do that and would be with you freaking out and maybe instagramming and tweeting about it instead...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely need one of these ninja mimosas. And a peep hole will come in handy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can I just say that I absolutely love your humor and feel the need to cyber stalk you all the time...but not in a creepy scary kinda way but like in a nice we should be blog friends sort of way.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sooooo excited for you!!!!! #bigthingshappening

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think sponsorship are so fun. Congrats on that next step.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG that is so funny!!!! I cannot believe that someone was able to climb THAT high with only a table and recycling bin!!!!


    Brianna
    https://keepingupwiththekeens2428.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. And this weekend I will be having my first ninja mimosa. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. woo hoooo!! Throw yourself a little sponsoring party and go get chipotle and have a mimosa of the ninja!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good thing you were able to change the doorknob right away. It’s about time you replace it, given the fact that it was already old. Anyway, congratulations on the sponsorship! It’s a great way for a blogger like you to move forward on that kind of endeavor. Thanks for sharing that! All the best!


    Joyce Roberson @ Locksmiths London

    ReplyDelete