Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I'm going back for that


Last Thursday, I had a plan. I was going to go to Chipotle for a steak burrito bowl, come home, remove my pants, and binge watch How I Met Your Mother. I was excited. It had been weeks since I had eaten Chipotle (self control, I'm trying to have some) and THIS WAS GOING TO BE MY NIGHT. Also, there would be mimosas. I had gotten off work an hour early and everything was going my way and I had the whole weekend to look forward to and I had episodes of How I Met Your Mother to watch... I was feeling good. So good, in fact, that I decided to ask the server at Chipotle to give me "just a little extra steak please."
And then I went home and opened the bowl and realized that, horror of horros...

Luckily I live like 5 minutes away from Chipotle, and since I knew I wouldn't enjoy the bowl without the corn salsa, I made a decision:
And it was worth it, let me tell you. IT WAS WORTH IT. And then I started thinking about how important the corn salsa was to my life that night. I mean, it COMPLETED me and when I thought I wasn't going to have it I was devastated. And then I went back. So I started thinking about other things along those lines and you guessed it, it's another testicle listicle!

I'm going back for that.


Oh, McDonald's, you gave me regular Coke instead of Diet Coke? I can tell the difference. Nice try. I'm going back for that.



La la la la la, getting in the car after I left the grocery store... wait, did I buy grapefruits instead of oranges?? Idiot. I'm going back for that.

I just went to Target but now I'm home and somebody instagrammed a picture of new Target sandals that are only $10/pair and they're like SO cute! I'm going back for that, even if it's just to look.

I brought my champagne home and realized I bought extra dry instead of brut. I don't know what the difference is but I always buy brut. I'm going back for that.



If Panera forgot to put the gouda on my bacon turkey bravo... I'm going back for that.

20 comments:

  1. We both know it’s not “just to look.” And HOW DARE McDONALD’S TRY TO FOOL YOU LIKE THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL "I know the difference", feel ya on that!

    www.emilyahlbum.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. While you were going back for salsa, I was singing karaoke with drag queens. Our lives are so similar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always go back for my diet coke, like how hard it is to push the silver coke button not the red?!?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read your blog or laughed this hard in a long, long time. Holy crap, I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! This is great. I always get sad when They forget my vinegeretee from chipotle. I should go back. That little girl with the diet coke gif is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely have gone back for gouda. DON'T MESS WITH MY GOUDA

    ReplyDelete
  8. totally relate with the diet coke at McDonald's. loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha thats too funny...and yes totally would have went back too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha ha! We just got a Chipotle and my bf is obsessed-he would go back for his favorite ingredient, too! And the steak bowl is my item of choice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have gone back to Chipotle when my hubby messed up my order. Needless to say, he does not go to Chipotle on his own when he's getting food for both of us. Glad someone else takes their Chipotle seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You made the right choice. I would have gone back for the corn salsa too. Corn salsa is the best of all the salsas out there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I try go back for most everything like this, it's a little harder to do with a toddler though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this post. Too funny. And yes I would have gone back too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wait, what's "just to look". I don't understand this concept.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG I am dying. You are too much hand I LOVE IT. "I just went to Target but now I'm home and somebody instagrammed a picture of new Target sandals that are only $10/pair and they're like SO cute! I'm going back for that, even if it's just to look." hgaqhahahahahahhahaha

    ReplyDelete
  17. well this is just hilarious. i too, would be incredibly miffed if chipotle messed up my order. there is just something really, really wrong about that. i'd go back for that too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Lord girl! Every time I read your blog I die of laughter. And every time I read your blog I'm at work and people stare at me in a funny way when they see I'm laughing at my computer. This was like me on Sunday, I went to a store to look for a new clutch and I found one but I wasn't 100% set on buying it, so before I went out that night I went back for that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bacon turkey bravo is my absolute favorite. I'd totally go back for that!

    ReplyDelete