Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I never thought I...

This morning I woke up a half hour earlier than usual because I needed to be online at 7am exactly so I could book a campsite for me and Kevin in Yosemite over Labor Day Weekend. Apparently the camp sites sell out in less than a minute, and I felt like I was Sheldon/Raj/Howard/Leonard when they tried to get tickets to Comic Con. Spoiler alert: I GOT THE TICKETS.
I was pretty proud of myself, and then I just kind of sat there and looked at the site confirmation and was like, "this is weird. I am NOT a camper and I never thought I would be doing this." AND THAT GOT ME THINKING... mostly about showing you guys a picture of Yosemite just in case you've never seen it. But it also got me thinking about things I never thought I'd do. So it's time for another ... you guessed it: LISTICLE. Not to be confused with testicle.
// Book a campsite and be excited about camping. The last time I went camping was over 10 years ago and I had to bring my own food. I took a loaf of WonderBread, some lunch meat, a Dr. Pepper, and some cinnamon PopTarts that I thought were S'more flavored. it was horrible.
// Date Kevin again.
// Enjoy eating tomatoes. I used to HATE tomatoes, but then my aunt made me try some from her garden and holy mother of vegetables those little suckers are DELICIOUS. And now I eat tomatoes wherever I go unless they look all old and mealy because that shit is disgusting.
// Wake up on the daily before 630am. I am a sleeper, I've discussed this before. But now I wake up at 6:23 Monday through Friday and it's surprisingly not the worst thing in the world.
// Want to elope. I always thought I wanted a huge wedding with the big poofy dress but the more I think about it the more I just think weddings are stressful and expensive and whenever I get married (NOT SOON) maybe it's not worth all the hassle? Who knows. Don't judge.
// Not be married at 25.
// Like dogs. Ever since a Jack Russell Terrier attached its mouth to the bell bottom of my jeans when I was a kid I swore I'd never have a dog. But now I'm dating a guy with two dogs and I'm trying to convince him to let me get a puppy. WHO HAVE I BECOME.
// Not be blonde. I haven't colored my hair in 10 months and I'm starting to miss the blonde, but I definitely do not miss paying for highlights.
Much blonde. Much domestic.
// Have a blog that people read slash make actual friends from blogging. Both happened, and both are amazing.
// Grow out of all my jeans. Oops. Carbs happened.
// Not care about what I wear in public. Seriously, I could not care less. I wear sweats with holes in them, a sweatshirt my sister found at a party that has a questionable stain that could very well be blood, and gold moccasins on a daily basis. I could not care less how sloppy I look when I go to the grocery store to buy myself a bottle of champagne and some Cheez Its, and it's sort of liberating.
That's all for now. 
The Other Juliette


32 comments:

  1. NEEENER NEEENER, you love dogs now. Never gonna let you live it down. Nope.
    GIVE ME ALL OF THE TOMATOES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you used that gif. I'm dying right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carbs happened, metabolism sucking happened, and lots of wine happened. I believe this can also lead to not caring what I wear in public. Sweats are my bestest friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love youuuuuuuu. Just felt like telling you that.
    ALSO YOU MIGHT COME TO OHIO THIS SUMMER. Just had to throw that out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hair in that pic and still not over this dog thing..everytime you post it..blows my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea for a list! I might have to borrow it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tomatoes are a fruit, not a vegetable.. COME ON JULIETTE.

    I'M HAPPY YOU'RE FINALLY A DOG PERSON.

    I want to make this list now. Hmmmmmm.

    I don't want to call him Kevin anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Make a bestie on the internet has to rank pretty high up there. ;) Also YOU DEFINITELY NEED A PUPPY OR FIVE.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That GIF is the best thing ever. Yosemite looks amazing... also on my mind now are S'Mores flavored pop tarts... yep, back to 4th grade I go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely elope. There were many times during wedding planning on wanted to do that, but then I remembered "ooops, we already paid the deposit!" Just remember, if you elope, your mom may never forgive you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ya I'm with Faith why are we still calling him Kevin?

    Also, if you don't have a wedding than I won't have an excuse to come to California so make it happen betch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1. I am definitely copying you and making a list because I am lame and don't have time to come up with content.
    2. I still don't like tomatoes but I have tried several times.
    3. I am definitely with you on the eloping vs. marriage thing, the more I think about it the more it sounds like a hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Planning a wedding is NOT worth it. If my dress wasn't the FIRST thing I had bought, I'd much rather just have a party with all my friends and celebrate the fact that we drove to the court house and the fact that I got a dress that I'll be able to wear again... or maybe wear a dress I have and love, and just get new shoes.... yes, shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this post. May have to copy you {and give credit} oh and I can't wait to hear about camping - super jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with someone else's comment above: ELOPE! We did! And although she said your mom may not forgive you, {and its kind of true ... } it saves so much time and hassle. Heck, you can even just plan a courthouse ceremony with your parents as witnesses so they are there ... but no other planning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YOU CAN'T ELOPE. Unless its in Mexico and you invite me, or I'm gonna invite myself.

    Also. STEALING THIS FOR LATER THIS WEEK. KTHANKSBYEEEEEEEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  17. i KNEW you'd come around on the dog thing. KNEW IT.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you admit that you like dogs seeing as they are pretty awesome. I never thought I would cut my hair short, and now it is so short that I can't even put it in a pony tail! What a fun list, I might have to borrow this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amen sista to the wedding stuff. I'd rather the $30,000 in my pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I feel you on the wedding thing! I still want a real wedding but it will be so scaled down from my younger Disney Princess imaginings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm all about eloping (no time soon though) because I think it can still be romantic and all about you and him and not about money and drama. Also this whole list is perfect. And carbs are just too great and jeans come in a multitude of sizes ;)
    Congrats on getting those tickets though!! :)
    I'll be doing this for tomorrow's post!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow! camping! good for you! i will go.... over my dead body.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Definitely elope... I'm planning my wedding & it's so expensive & stressful!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on the tickets! Oh I agree with you on so many of those! I find I am very surprised at the true friendships that have come from blogging. I too think eloping is looking better than ever as I hit the big 25 this year!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I absolutely do not care how crappy I look in public. I think its a "getting older thing". The older you get the less you care! ha! This could be a good or bad thing....

    ReplyDelete
  26. I never thought I wouldn't be blonde either! but isn't it fabulous to not dye your hair? all the monies saved (spent on clothing instead....)

    ReplyDelete
  27. LMAO at "Listicle...not to be confused with testicle". Just made my morning! Def will have to jump in on this link up!

    www.emilyahlbum.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've read this four times and haven't commented. WHO AM I?

    I cannot believe you're camping. Mostly because SHOWERS. FLUSHING TOILETS. BEARS. And, from the girl who had a GIANT wedding, elope. Or more like: destination wedding. I hate that we didn't.

    I'm doing this. Also. Just in case you were worried.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this! Welcome to the world of (literal) puppy love!! What type of ball of cuteness do you want?

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am totally with you on the camping being weird thing. i hate camping. hate it. for all the reasons that amber thomas said, because like uh, i like my comfy bed with a down comforter and memory foam and a television to watch while i'm falling asleep, and i like hot showers, and not having bugs in my space and like, all the things that you very rarely get when you go camping unless you're camping in an RV which really doesn't count.

    and also: i'm really, really very seriously considering the idea of a destination wedding or elopement.. my grandma told me years ago that she'd give me $1000 for my wedding if i eloped, which i blew off at the time, but since then i've helped plan a bunch of weddings, and good grief they're expensive and ridiculous. and also, for some weird reason, there seem to be a lot of people who AREN'T the two people getting married who think they should have some sort of say in how the wedding is planned. and i am NOT about that ish, no thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Grow out of jeans... ugh. I feel like this has happened a lot lately. Probably has to do with global warming, right?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my 6:30 is so ambitious! I haven't done that since, well, high school. :)

    ReplyDelete