Monday, March 17, 2014

So much sweat

Something magical happened last night: I drank lots of wine and I don't feel like death this morning! Don't say anything to the hangover police though, I'm sure they'd hate to know I somehow skipped out on that. They're probably out taking care of everybody who celebrated St. Patrick's Day over the weekend which, to be honest, irritated me so much because St. Patrick's Day is 1) just an excuse to get drunk and who needs an excuse for that?, and 2) SPD is TODAY and it was NOT Saturday night so I tried my very hardest not to double tap any premature SPD posts on Instagram on principle. But if I messed up and double tapped your SPD post then you can blame this giant glass of wine I drank on Saturday night.
 
Actually you can blame the second one. Or the third. It was delicious and I have no regrets.
 
 
I felt like I did a whole lotta nothing this weekend and you guys probably don't really want to hear about it but guess what, I'm going to tell you anyway! I ate my weight in tri tip and sausage on Friday night and I have no regrets. Oh and there was wine. And Cribbage. And It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. My life is full of wine right now which is probably why I started out talking about Saturday and now I'm backtracking and talking about Friday.
 
Let's go back to Saturday. I know a lot of you are still experiencing winter (what exactly is that though?) but we almost hit 90 degrees over the weekend and despite the heat I STILL got my butt outside to "run." I'm a horrible runner. I checked myself out in the windows of buildings I passed and I'm just really shocked that nobody stopped me to ask if I was ok or if I would like them to call me an ambulance because I looked like I was about to pass out. I get all hunched over and I'm so slow and I TRY to have good posture but sometimes I forget because I'm mostly just focused on, you know, not dying. But anyway, it was so hot and I was the sweatiest person in the world and it sucked and then I took a picture for the internet. (Actually I took it for Kevin to show him how lucky he is but now you all get to be lucky also.)
 
 
I also went through some old pictures and found this gem... and some others of my 13 year old self rocking a gold bikini that will never see the light of the internet because as much as I'd like to think I resemble Princes Leia, I really just resemble a teenager trying to impress Tyra Banks and failing hard. I'm on the left with that cool camo hat and this is the only time I will bare my midriff online. Never again. I'm 99% sure I was trying to be one of the Backstreet Boys here. Or maybe a Spice Girl. I never knew anything about either of those groups except that Baby Spice had blonde pigtails. Totes nailed it. Juliette just stop talking... and stop saying totes.
 
 
Let's skip forward to Sunday. Kevin's parents were in town visiting their family and I saw them at church which would have been really awkward and uncomfortable if he and I hadn't gotten back together. We talked for a while and they failed at masking their excitement that he's in my Facebook profile picture. Also, his grandma said my picture gives her "the fuzzies." I'm not quite sure what that means but I don't think I hate it. Then his parents said, "If you ever want to stay at our house when you visit him you're more than welcome to. You know, if you ever feel like you just need space from him." I smiled sweetly and said "Thank you" but in my head I was like hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaah like that's going to happen.
 
So after I rekindled my relationship with Kevin's parents, Cristen and I decided to go be active and we walk/jogged 5.25 miles to and from the beach and it was hot and we didn't run very much but Cristen totally could have run the whole time because she's a badass runner. And I decided that when I'm wearing a headband and my hair is pulled back I look like a boy.
 
 
 
The beach was more crowded than I've ever seen it, which isn't saying much because 1) I hardly ever go to the beach, and 2) it was almost 90 degrees so obviously people would go to the beach.
 
Are you regretting clicking on this post yet?
 
Are you even still reading?
 
Also, do you have any suggestions on where I should go to buy running/hiking clothes? Because the capris I usually wear have a hole in them from my hiking escapade with Kevin and my sports bras are really old and not very supportive at all and the girls are not very happy with me about their lack of support. And I just keep telling them to DEAL WITH IT but they're like, dude, when you have saggy boobs at age 40 you'll be regretting your life choices and I feel like I should pay attention to them.
 
And to make up for the sweaty pictures here's one of me from this morning with my Farrah Fawcett hair. Rawr.
 
 

21 comments:

  1. You are pretty sweaty and non sweaty and it's not fair. My St. Patricks Day celebrations were early AND awesome bc I met a leprechaun SO THERE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate you for how beautiful and sunny California looks. Because that’s totally your fault. Signed, 40 degrees and cloudy in Dallas this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Farrah Fawcett hair ALMOST makes me regret cutting mine off. Until I remembered that mine would never do that, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't go to the beach often?! I would plant my ass on the beach and never leave if I could! Sadly Saskatchewan's beaches hardly compare to those of California

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want your hair in the last picture!
    PS I always get frizzy, humid post exercise hair, which is why I am not one of those people that can work out and then go meet people after. I need to shower and fix myself up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buy sports bras at Target, because they are pretty comfy and affordable, but buy your running attire at Sports Authority! Why? because they have a whole section dedicated to Yoga people, and all the Yoga people get the softest clothes. You want soft clothes when youre running, trust me (goodbye chaffing). Also, sports authority has killer sales sometimes, plus targets workout pants fall off of your butt when you run, and basically fall apart and fade after about 3 months worth of washing. Not cool, not worth the $20 bucks. Might as well buy quality for $30 that will last a lot longer. Anyway, it was super great to see yout this weekend! I miss you already :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and your beaches, you're so damn lucky! Sounds like a heavenly weekend especially with the wine! Old Navy is also a great stop for workout clothes. Cheap and cute! Happy hiking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Farah hair TOTALLY works on you. Also, Khols sometimes has REALLY good sales on workout clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate you slightly for living in California and having gorgeous weather... but anyways, girl I look HORRID while running... I am sure you've seen my instagram post.... ya I'll post a runners one... and ya I look like DEATH. Alright attire- I get from all over actually, but I stick to danskin from walmart... it's dri fit and the capris look awesome and aren't too heavy, the sports bras are awesome too. i have to double up either way cause the girls bounce WAY too much with only one. I look like a boy too with a headband on... and I have some decorations on my hand bands usually which usually I look less like a boy... Back to attire, I buy anywhere there is a sale literally that's what I do. I know what is comfy for me and what isn't. Danskin is comfy, and nike is good to, also under armor is GREAT support too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1) gear: old navy. for real. their active wear is decent and they always have sales. esp since you'll be hiking on rocks and shit, it's better to tear through $20 ON pants than $79 under armor pants. trust.

    2) look for warehouse sales for athletic gear. usually, you'll get good shit for more than 50% off. they usually have them at least once a year. the lineups are worth the price. for example, i got a UA storm jacket that is usually close to $100 for $15.

    3) buy gear from the previous season. now that spring is almost here, they're going to be getting rid of their cold gear. stock up on those when the prices drop (this goes for all brands).

    -kathy | Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhhhh, I wanna live in California :( I love, love, love Old Navy's workout clothes, so I'd go there to replace your pants. Otherwise I've heard TJ Maxx has good options maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I didn't know what winter was... Sending mass amounts of jealousy and pale skin from the east coast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love athletic wear from Old Navy! Especially the compression line. And Costco (at least in Canada) has great yoga pants/shirts/ etc. I've had the best luck with Moving Comfort sports bras, but depends on your size (Target and Old Navy both have decent ones too :)) Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the sports bras from Target and Old Navy compression pants are pretty awesome at making everything sucked in and perky looking!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wait, what's wrong with celebrating st patty's on saturday?! did you want me to not attend an outdoor block party?! NO. Sweaty or not you rocked it. and that was sweet of his g'ma to say. yes i just said g'ma.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Old Navy workout clothes - also TJ Maxx and Marshalls always have really good stuff! I too look like a boy wearing those headbands and my hair pulled back, happens to the best of us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this all sounds rocking except when his parents offered you their house. ITS A NICE GESTURE ugh parents they don't understand. You look FLAWLESS in the picture in the bottom #YouWokeUpLikeThis

    ReplyDelete
  18. KEVIN is a lucky guy. Also. TOTALLY agree about SPD. And finally TEACH ME YOUR HAIR WAYSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahaha yes I read the whole thing b/c you make me laugh the whole way!! Glad someone else thinks they look like a injured animal as they run, yet we still get out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi pretty.
    it's not fair that you're that pretty without make-up... and sweaty... and not sweaty. just stop.

    13 year old J cracks me up.

    I agree with his grandma. YOU GIVE ME THE FUZZIES.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi everyone!!!

    I'm so excited share this testimony here about how i got my ex husband back after a break up. I'm Clara 28 yr old from USA, Am a woman who love and cherish my husband more than any other thing you can imagine on earth continent. My husband was so lovely and caring after 3 years of marriage he was seriously ill and the doctor confirm and said he has a kidney infection that he needed a kidney donor, that was how I start searching for who can help, doctor has given me a periodic hour that he will live just 24 hours left, that was how I ask the doctor if I can be of help to my husband that was how he carried out the text, the confirming was successful, I was now having this taught that since 3 years now we got married I have not be able to get pregnant can I be able to get bring again? That was the question I ask the doctor, he never answer his response was did you want to lost your husband? I immediately reply no I can't afford to lose him. After the operation my husband came back to live and was healthy I was also OK with the instruction given to me by the doctor, after 3 months my husband came home with another lady telling me, that is our new wife that will give us kids and take care of us, that was how I was confused and started crying all day, that was how my husband ran away with his new wife cleanable. Since then I was confuse don't know what to do that was how I went back to the doctor and tell him everything, he told me that, this is not just an ordinary it must be a spiritual problem that was how he gave me this Email: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com that I should tell he all my problem that he can help that was how i contacted he and I do as instructed. After 28 hours and I have done what he ask me to do, my husband start searching for me and went back to the doctor, that was how we well settle he also told me not to worry that I will get pregnant, this month making it the fifth Month I contacted he am now 3 months pregnant. These great spell cater is a great man,
    if you have any kind of problem you can contact him here on his
    Email: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com or call him +2348160153829
    Save Your Crumbling Relationship
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/818/748/544/

    ReplyDelete